Kelis Enjoying Single Parenthood

Kelis Enjoying Single Parenthood

Milkshake singer Kelis was seven-months pregnant with son Knight – now 13-months-old – when she and husband Nas officially split, and the 31-year-old is loving life as a single parent.

In an interview with The Guardian via Contact Music, Kelis opened up about being a single mother, saying,

It’s hard being a working single mother, but on the flipside, it’s awesome too. You only have to worry about yourself. It’s only your influence and your ideas. That’s not to say there’s not room for someone else to be involved, but at the moment I’m raising Knight how I think he should be raised. He’s a great baby.”

The former couple settled their financial issues in May when their divorced was finalized, and since this time, Kelis has only had kind words for her ex.

Filed under: Kelis

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Kind words? Since when? You mean calling him her biggest disappointment in life and spreading rumors about him on twitter? And then she basically says in interviews that she will not allow him to be in their son’s life when its clear that he wants to be? I have lost all respect for her as a human being. I hope that he ends up getting the joint custody agreement that he has been asking for since their divorce began. A shame when a vindictive parent finds happiness in denying their child the ability to have a relationship with the other parent….the person they were married to and CHOSE to have a child with so they must have seen something good in that person before the demise of the relationship. We really need to stop celebrating bitterness in America.

^^^^ u dont know what they are doing andtheir relationship.. its sad to see how jaded people are. just because u read some shit over the internet does not mean u know what is going on in real life get a clue ur commentwas useless

YOUR comment is useless. Some of that information is drawn from Kelis’ very own words and some from court documents that were available on the web. She’s a joke.

kelis is so selfish and greedy she brings her ex-husband to court requesting not just child support(which would be one thing) but, basically life support for herself, and then decides to cut the man out of childs life. So, that “only her influence and ideas” can go into rasing him and she can play the card of being the hard at work single mom.

Kelis never cut the child out of Nas’s life sweetheart, She still lets him see her son. So u need to be educated on Kelis’s life if your gonna spread lies.
      Btw its HER CHILD TOO, She has the right to be selfish, she divorced a cheating and verbally abusive husband, u werent in their marriage, who are u to say what she is? She’s a strong mother trying to raise her child in the midst of people hating her over her trying to be free from a rapper. STFU and Open ur mind.

RIGHT, she sneaks those comments in like the one about “only her influences and ideas” instead of just blatantly saying she doesn’t let the child see his father. I have no respect for parents who do things like that and it almost always ends up effecting the child in a major way later in life. No great parent acts that way.

umm She still allows Knight to see Nas, idk wat your talking about , She doesnt keep a child away from their father. How is Kelis vendictive for divorcing her cheating husband and raising her own child?? GROW UP STUPID PEOPLE.

“”"”"”"”But despite their problems, the 31-year-old pop star insists she won’t stop the rapper from being involved in their son’s life”"”"”"”"

So stfu, she still lets Nas see Knight, why are people hating on a celeb who’s being a good mother?? i dont understand that, she divorced a cheating and verbally abusive husband and yet she’s a bitc*??? Really Wake up!

SHE didn’t say she lets him see Knight. The writer paraphrased her as saying that. She doesn’t let the kid see his dad, in an interview when they asked her what kind of dad Nas is she said something to the effect of “my child is always with me, I never leave him” – which basically is saying “I never allow my child to be with his father so I can’t tell you what type of dad he is.” So you people who are saying Nas was a verbally abusive cheater…did you live in their household? None of their divorce documents mentioned this, but they did mention Kelis asking for 100,000 per month because she is unable to support herself in the oh sough tough music industry, which I must add Nas is also in. When he asked for overnight visits in court Kelis and her lawyer diverted the conversation back to how much he should be paying…funny money issues are more important to her than issues dealing with the child. Vindictive gold digger, I feel sorry for the child.

8. Da

I don’t understand how two parents could have been to court that much and not worked out child visitation/co-parenting in addition to the child support???? It’s no excuse to say, “she doesn’t let me see him”, I remember him saying this and thinking, if someone played with your money you’d have them in court Anna Nicole Smith style until you got what you wanted. If someone is being a selfish ass, and the court screws you over, you better have something to show that kid when they’re old enough to see you themselves so you can show “I fought for you!”

The thing is, he has been fighting…and getting no where with custody. Last time I heard Kelis said in court that the child was too young to be away from her…and apparently that works in America…I still can’t believe its acceptable to say that a child is too young to spend time with a parent! Ridiculous, but Kelis clearly knows exactly how to play the system. The child loses in the end. But I do agree with the person above that you should fight tooth and nail to see your kid so that if nothing else, they can at least know that. Still sad that a caring parent has to “fight” in order to spend time with a child that wouldn’t be alive if it were not for their half of the bargain.