Jennifer Lopez is Doing ‘American Idol’ For The Children

Jennifer Lopez is Doing 'American Idol' For The Children

I guess I’m not the only one who was surprised when Jennifer Lopez was being considered as a judge on American Idol. The singer says that an AI gig was the last thing on the minds of her and husband Marc Anthony. “Marc is excited for me but I don’t know that we ever thought I’d do something like this,” she said.

And now that her spot at the judge’s table has been confirmed, Jennifer reveals the main reason she agreed to do the show – so she could spend more time with her 2-year-old twins, Max and Emme. “We’re really happy that we can be in one place with the babies for a while,” she said.

“Our life is so much about traveling, but we’ll get to be here for six months, which is unheard of,” she says about moving her family from New York to AI‘s home in Los Angeles.

It looks like the Back-Up Plan actress is already lining up a busy schedule for Max and Emme. “I want to get the babies in dance classes and soccer practices,” she said. “We’re going to be a normal family for once.” But that’s not to say she’ll be shirking her Idol duties in favor of playdates. “I’m going to give it 100 percent and do it with the utmost passion,” Jennifer said of her new gig.

Filed under: Celebrity Moms,Jennifer Lopez,Marc Anthony

Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin

I mean no harm, but Jennifer Lopez knows this has nothing to do with her children. If her film and music careers were still successful, she would not have to resort to taking a job on a reality show, but she has a very large ego and a lot of pride, so of course she’s using her children as the reason.

I agree!!! She’s needing the money to maintain the lifesyle!!!

What, she needs to work that bad??? I think they can afford to be put in one place for 6 months….some people lose their sense of reality…it’s their choice….

4. Cabos

I agree with the first poster. It’s obvious her career is going down. It’s not the same anymore, so she has to do something to keep herself on the limelight.

Right for the kids… well I guess then she’ll turn down that paycheck since it has nothing to do with money!

6. Melissa

What a bunch of haters!! I can’t believe the negative comments here. Jennifer Lopez, like it or not, is extremely successful. Her perfume empire alone is worth millions & she could “retire” today and still make millions. AI was offered to her for a reason. She seems like a wonderful mother. I know I’ll be watching AI. Love ya, JLo!!

7. intooosl