Stanley Tucci: Fatherhood Is Not An ‘Easy A’

Stanley Tucci: Fatherhood Is Not An 'Easy A'

Stanley Tucci plays a laid-back dad in the new movie Easy A, but in an interview with Reuters the actor says he would never be as permissive when it comes to his own three kids, daughter Camilla, 8, and twins Isabel and Nicolo, 10.

In the movie, the Lovely Bones actor plays the father of a teenage daughter who spreads false rumors of her own promiscuity. As the dad, Stanley stays cool through the whole ordeal but he says in this case art doesn’t necessarily imitate life.

“As a parent, it would be great if I could be as relaxed as these people in the movie are,” Stanley laughed. “It’ll never happen. But a thing that I have in common with Dill is that I do joke around with my kids. We laugh a lot. But again, I couldn’t let go that much – no way.”

Stanley says his kids come first when he’s considering a movie role, and Easy A was no exception – it came his way roughly 18 months ago just after his wife Kate died of breast cancer in April 2009.

“This was the first movie I had done since she died, and I hadn’t worked for a while,” he said. “And they were very kind, and condensed it (his shooting schedule) into three days.”

His next role, as mad scientist Dr. Abraham Erskine in next summer’s big-budget action flick Captain America: The First Avenger, proved to be a little more demanding.

“I was gone for over three weeks, and that was a little hard,” he admits. “The kids were okay because it was summer. They were having a great time. But I have to orchestrate things very carefully. I always did, but particularly now because I’m a single father, I can’t go away for too long.”

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Stanley Tucci

Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin

1. Jolene

Lovely Bones?

Are you sure you’re describing the right movie here? Have you seen The Lovely Bones?

They’re referring to him as ‘the lovely bones actor’ not the movie itself.

4. Jolene

Ah okay. I thought they were saying in Lovely Bones, he plays that character.

Uhm… I’m pretty sure that in the Lovely Bones he was the pedophile who killed all the little girls.

Welcome to Freshstyleshop, the hottest urban clothing site on the net! men’s gucci shoesWe offer great products from Gucci sneakers, prada sneakers, LV shoes,cheap gucci sneaker
    True Religion Jeans and many more! Our selection of products are always increasing for Men’s arimani shoesthe fact that we have new items added weekly to our selection.
    Discount gucci handbag All products on our site are already marked down 40-60% off retail price.
    Clae Shoes for men Freshstyleshop also backs all its orders with a 110% satisfaction guarantee,
    arimani shoesmaking sure that our customers are left satisfied with the hottest products on the net.

8. Pingback: Stanley Tucci & Felicity Blunt Expecting First Child