Bill & Giuliana Rancic Share Story Of Miscarriage

Bill & Giuliana Rancic Share Story Of Miscarriage

Earlier this year Bill and Giuliana Rancic opened up about the fact that after a long struggle to conceive they were turning to in vitro fertilization. Though Giuliana got pregnant after the first IVF treatment, the couple reveal the sad news that she miscarried at 9 weeks.

“Both of us were in shock,” the Apprentice winner tells People. “Failure wasn’t an option!”

Giuliana says that the experience has been a very painful one, sharing her own reaction to the miscarriage: “I said, ‘I’m not doing this again. I can’t.’ I was angry at life and at God.”

Why did they decide to go public with something so personal?

“Hopefully we can help people understand that there’s nothing to be ashamed of,” says Giuliana. “It’s such a taboo subject, but it’s a very common problem.”

Filed under: Bill Rancic,Giuliana Rancic

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Courtney

the embreyo also could’ve been deffective so it was going to end badly either way. not that I would wish that heartache on my worst enemy

Her doctor did advise her to put on more weight so she could get preggers. I wish her and her husband much blessing!!

not true. it was a chromosomal issue. she said that they’d try to have kids again asap. read the e! article..many more true! facts

I’m so sorry for your loss. If it helps any at all, I miscarried three times and then was blessed to have a beautiful baby girl. There is no way to truly understand both the pain and the joy unless you’ve been through it. Good luck!!!

IVF is very hard. Maybe when you go to NYC you could go to the Gianna Center..they offer alternatives to IVF and is very successful.

God bless you. You are in my prayers.

i don’t think her weight had anything to do with it. look at nicole richie; she was way underweight and had too beautiful healthy babies.

• Sophie Smith

Most women can’t. Nicole Richie is an exception. Do you seriously think it’s the norm!? Anyway I can’t believe someone would rather go through IVF than gain some weight. Hopefully there’s more to it. Otherwise it’s just stupid.

On the View, Guiliana said she DID gain weight but it did not help her get pregnant. Their infertility issue is “egg-factor”, aka old eggs.

• In the same boat

Gaining weight isn’t as simple as you all think. I for one have a VERY high and active metabolism…there for gaining weight for me is very difficult! People shouldn’t talk about things they don’t really know about!

7. Hopeful

miscarraige is an awful thing to hav to go through and it is important to grief the loss of your baby not matter what stage of you loss the moment you find out you are pregnant you plan your future with that baby in mind I applaud them for being so open and candid when I suffered a miscarriage I was glad to be able to talk to my sister in law who went through the same thing it really helped and no one talks about it I pray they have a baby they are a lovely couple.

You should pray to Jesus Christ for forgiveness and ask him for help. Please eat more your too skinny take Vitex(Chasteberry) and drink Red Raspberry tea. Try this you may not need to waste your money on invitro.

• Lee-Ann Leonard

Really, if you (anonymous) know any thing aboud Jesus, you should now He is all about love!!
      My cousin is thinner and she got pregnent with ivu!!
      I also had ivu and it is not for anyone! It is more painfull than any thing I ever went through!
      My friend, God sees you perfect without any spot of sin. He sees you covered in the beautiful white robes of His own righteousness. He treats you as a righteous man because that is what He has made you. So expect good things to happen to you because blessings are on the head of the righteous!! (Proverbs 10:6)

9. In the same boat

I too am in the same boat. I had my first child 17 weeks early, he was too small to make it and died. Then after 4 years of not conceiving we tried fertility help from physicians…got pregnant…had an ectopic pregnancy. Got pregnant again….had another ectopic pregnancy. Got pregnant AGAIN and had a miscarriage. I understand you being mad at God, but know it’s not God who did this to you. Satan has just as much prevelance in our lives as God does. Satan will take and that’s your que to God to remain in favor of his faith. Although it hasn’t yet again happened for us, I’m sure one day it will. Stay strong (your future child depends on it) for not only yourself, your spouse, but also for God. Good things come to those who wait, and I know you’ve waited for what seems to be a lifetime, but trust me, when that blessing arrives…it’ll be a wait well worth it!
    Many blessings to you and your family!

I had 2 misscarriages between my first and second child, in which one of them was an ectopic pregnancy resulting in a loss of a tube. My both children were result of fertility treatments, and they are a beautiful 3 year old grild and a 6 months little boy! Please don’t lose hope! You will be rewarded!

I too feel aweful for them. I am married had a wonderful time trying to have a baby while married. Unfortunately things aren’t as easy as everybody think. I had 4 miscarriages and 2 eptopic pregnacies. All of which was devasting. The fertility doctor said nothing was wrong but I don’t have a child. Life is funny you can’t take it personal just thank God cause you don’t know his plan. Even though your family is having babies like it ain’t nobody business you can’t or aren’t. Well don’t lose hope and one day if it is in God’s plan it will happen for you and me as well. God bless.

I recently went through the same exact scenario. At 36, I got pregnant via IVF and miscarried at 9 weeks with a chromosomal defect. This is very common as women mature and have a decline in egg quality. Our next step is using an egg donor. Perhaps this is an option for them. I am so proud of G & B for having the courage to share their personal trials with us. I definitely use them as a role model for being a strong person with hope!

13. Rosa

I wanted to send Giuliana and Bill a message to never give up if you want children.I have had six misscarrages and went through lots of fertility treament like them. My husband and I never gave up we always prayed to god. In 2008 without any fertility medication we took a break spent time on each other and out of the blue we got preagnant and had a baby boy in jan. of 2009. So the message is to never give up on each other and belive and pray to god and he will deliver. Be stong and good luck.

14. chica

I have been going through hell trying to have a baby. I know God has a plan for me. You have to do it yourself if you want children whether it be a donor or adopting or to keep trying and not give up. My mom tells me to relax and let it be god’s will. Well I don’t have time on my side and it will take a miracle so I have to have faith and so should you Jules. you are still young and should keep trying don’t give up as I’m not giving up. Good luck to you and Bill and may God bless us both.

I’m sure it didn’t help, but there is no way you can know what caused it. Miscarriages happen all the time, for lots of different reasons.