Celeb Moms On Their Ecstatic Birth Experiences

Celeb Moms On Their Ecstatic Birth Experiences

Did you have an ecstatic birth?

No really, did you? With more and more celebrity moms speaking out about their ecstatic birth experiences, we know that it is humanly possible!

Supermodel mom Gisele Bündchen might be the most outspoken A-lister ever on the topic.

My delivery was in a bath tub, in water,” Gisele said. “I wanted to have a home birth. I wanted to be very aware and present during the birth… I didn’t want to be drugged up. So I did a lot of preparation, I did yoga and meditation, so I managed to have a very tranquil birth at home. It didn’t hurt in the slightest. The whole time my mind was focused in each contraction on the thought ‘my baby is closer to coming out.’”

The new mom further spoke about her “empowered” birth experience,

I wanted to experience the transformation. It was the most amazing experience of my life, feeling him come through my body. And once he was born, I never felt so empowered as looking at him and thinking, Oh, my God, we did it together!”

Gisele isn’t the only celeb mom to put a positive spin on a topic that is frequently shunned. The Wonder Years alum Danica McKellar is the latest celebrity to speak out on her positive birth experience.

The new mom, who had previously told Celebrity Baby Scoop of her hopes for a natural birth, has since described childbirth as “the most incredible experience of my life.”

For those of you who follow Mike Verta’s page, you’ve already heard of the ‘cavewoman’ experience from his point of view – I did indeed go fully natural with the birth – no augmentation, no epidural, nada! It was the most incredible experience of my LIFE, and it’s hard to describe the feeling of empowerment that has come along with it. Easy? No. Worth it? YES.”

More celeb moms such as The Pursuit of Happyness star Thandie Newton has joined in on spreading the positive word.

[It was] very challenging in the best way possible,” Thandie said of giving birth. “Every fiber of your being is alive. It’s like you are conducting electricity, literally creating something. I’d like to give birth every year if I could, just for that experience.”

And Academy Award-winning actress Kate Winslet said her VBAC was the birth experience she had always dreamed of,

I’ve never talked about this. I’ve actually gone to great pains to cover it up. But Mia was an emergency C-section. I just said that I had a natural birth because I was so completely traumatized by the fact that I hadn’t given birth. I felt like a complete failure. My whole life, I’d been told I had great childbearing hips. There’s this thing amongst women in the world that if you can handle childbirth, you can handle anything. I had never handled childbirth, and I felt like, in some way that I couldn’t join that ‘powerful women’s club.’ So it was an amazing feeling having Joe naturally, vaginally. Fourteen hours with no drugs at all, but then I had to have an epidural because I was so tired. I honestly thought I’d never be able to do it. It was an incredible birth. It laid all the ghosts to rest. It was really triumphant.”

Do you want to join in the “powerful women’s club?”

Alongside women’s holistic health guru and OB/GYN Dr. Christiane Northrup and Ina May Gaskin, the mother of modern midwifery, join in on the Ecstatic Birth Tele-Summit starting next month. You too can learn how to have the dream birth experience that we’ve heard so many women come forward and talk about.

Click here to read more about the exciting Tele-Summit and learn how you can have an Ecstatic Birth.

Filed under: Danica McKellar,Exclusives,Gisele Bundchen,Kate Winslet,Thandie Newton

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News / INFdaily.com / Bauer Griffin

1. Anonymouse

Yeah, I had an ecstatic birth- more so with my second than with my first. I know what my body is capable of, and it was able to do it on its own. It is SO empowering and just an amazing experience.

I have had 3 ecstatic births – all at home with a licensed midwife present – no drugs, no interventions… And all 3 births were the best moments of my life. There is no “pain” when you learn to accept that you and your baby are doing something the way your body was made to do it and when you learn to work with that. I was up and around doing stuff – hanging out, watching movies, eating, even giving updates live via Facebook the entire time. And within hours of having each baby I was up and back to normal.

It is empowering. It is beautiful. And it is a lot easier recovery. For mama and the baby.

3. carolyn

I might not go so far as to say “ecstatic,” but both births were really good. Definitely empowering.

4. Desiree

I had a wonderful experience at home with my midwives!

5. Courtney

After my first birth with an epidural, my second birth (twins) with Pitocin, I knew I wanted something different for my third. I had my baby girl at home in my bathtub, surrounded by my family. It certainly wasn’t pain free, but it was intense, amazing, and fulfilling. Afterward I climbed in my own bed with my baby, and the next morning all 6 of us were together in our bed. Bliss.

You know, I’m glad they had super births. Some people do, some people don’t. But women shouldn’t feel badly if their birth doesn’t go as they planned it. Saying yes to an epidural during a truly exhausting labour…or requiring a caesarean…should not make one feel like a failure!

I fear sometimes that these articles about “ecstatic births” set the bar a little high for some new mums…who are already questioning nearly everything about their newest, most important job! Mums need support…and to understand that a healthy outcome for all is really the only thing that matters.

7. Jessie

I have 3 children, all born vaginally. My 2nd child, however, was a natural birth-which was not what I wanted.I have to tell you-having an epidural for my 1st and 3rd children made the birth better-but I was walking around and happy for all 3 of them-epidural or not.I think the big thing is avoiding the cesearan section.By doing that, I was out of the hospital in 2 days and home enjoying my babies!

I had a c section and I told them to drug me all they wanted I had nothing to prove and it doesn’t me feel less a women. I kept everything intact down there.

We just delivered our fourth little one 2 wks ago…our first one 12 yrs ago was induced and I had an epidural, vacuum, everything but a c-section. It was horrible! Even the recovery was horrible! Delivery of our son was worth every pain, however…
    Our 2nd came a week early, two pushes…they never even got the IV in my arm lol. It was fantastic! Completely natural, I was up and walking within a few minutes of delivery!
    Our 3rd we went into knowing we wanted a natural birth experience. She was 9 days over and quite large. My water broke and I delivered in 1.5hrs, I only pushed for 20 min. 9lbs 6oz…no tearing, no knife, no stitches! (I credit mid-wife :)
    4th and most recent…Labored without even knowing it at home! Got to the hospital…7cm dialted, hung out in jacuzzi tub for awhile with husband and friends around me…laughed through transition…At the end when I was close to pushing and feeling that pressure I pictured a beautiful flower as my cervix opening to allow our baby girl through…I pushed for 5 minutes…She was beautiful!
    I had incredible support, a fantastic mid-wife, and great hospital staff…
    the cord was left on until it stopped pumping, she didn’t even get bathed til the next day…We were left completely alone to bond skin to skin.
    My recovery…what recovery? Again no tearing, no stitches…absolutely wonderful! She came out bright and wide eyed…not even fussing! Quiet and alert, awake and ready to eat!
    If I could do it five more times the exact same I would!!!!
    I recommend for any and every woman, who can, try to go as natural as possible…your body may well surprise you!

“Ecstatic” birth is supposed to mean “orgasmic birth”. I doubt all these celeb moms actually experienced that.