Denise Richards: “My Girls Always Come First”

Denise Richards: "My Girls Always Come First"

As a single mom to her two daughters Sam, 6, and Lola, 5, actress Denise Richards admits that it can be hard to strike the right balance. The Mother’s Little Helpers star talks to Mom magazine about life with her girls, and reveals her number one rule when it comes to dating.

On motherhood: “I’m definitely a hands-on mom. For me it’s about priorities, and my girls always come first. I look at it as having a harmonious house more than balancing – it’s never quite balanced!”

On her favorite time with the kids: “Dinnertime. We have dinner every night at the same time – a homemade meal – and we just talk. My girls are always saying funny things; they pick up a lot when I think they aren’t listening. The other day Lola said I looked ‘spectacular,’ which I though was funny for a 4 year old.”

On dating as a single mom: “I have a rule – I won’t introduce my girls to anyone I’m dating unless it’s very serious.”

Filed under: Denise Richards

Photo credit: Mom magazine

1. AML

Why does Sam always look so sad…..reminds me of Suri Cruise. So sad.

2. Elle

I agree with you AML, Sam always looks so unhappy. She always looks like she has a problem or is pissed at something. I bet she throws tamtrum a lot…I say that just by experience :-))

Get a grip she’s was about 3 or 4 years old in this picture, it’s old. Sam just doesn’t like cameras she’s quite shy.

4. Man

OK, but even recent pics she never smiles? How do you know she doesn’t like cameras and is shy?

5. Man

Every pic of Sam is so sad. She never smiles and most of the time she is sucking her thumb. How old is she now??? 6!!! OMG!! Denise really needs to get a grip on this problem. Seriously, are there ANY pics of Sam looking at all happy? I don’t think one exists! So sad….she’s just a kid. :(

Well, take a look at Denise’s twitpic,, Sam is smiling and happy in all photos that she appears.

7. popsykl

i just get this feeling that she is a psycho b#tch, behind closed doors……..my mum was like that…….smile for the camera, then SNAP!!!!!