Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz Welcome Son Egypt!

Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz Welcome Son Egypt!

It’s a boy for Alicia Keys and her new husband Swizz Beatz!

Egypt Daoud Dean was born on Thursday, October 14 in New York City, a rep for the Fallin’ singer confirmed today.

The proud papa took to Twitter yesterday to share his joy, writing, “I’m so thankful for everything I been blessed with in my life wowwwwww!”

The baby is the first for the Grammy-winner – who was spotted out and about in NY with a friend just the day before giving birth! – and the fourth for Swizz, who has three other kids from previous relationships.

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Alicia Keys,Births,Swizz Beatz

Photo credit: Flynet Pictures

1. Jade

bless them in this wonderful time of their lives! I am so happy for them and wish them all the best. :)

what a ghetto ass name!!!!

3. mackenzie

well Egypt is a terrible name. but I think the worst is speck wildhorse.

4. blair

i’d choose egypt over jayden any day. atleast it has character.

5. Shirelle

Congrats to them. I thought it was going to be a girl. Egypt is and ugly name.

Congrats to them. I am so happy for Alicia. I know she will be an awesome mom.

7. Marianne

Egypt? Really?

8. nicoleC

congrats !

9. Kim

sounds arabic….

10. Jolene

That kid doesn’t even stand a chance.

lol ridiculous.

12. Courtney

no Egypt isn’t a rediculous name at all though it’s more common for girls. if their son doesn’t like his name he can always change it when he turns 18.

These names are getting more and more ridiculous. I think these “stars” try to out-do other stars with their name selections. I can hear them say “let’s pick one that no one else has”. Stupid.

14. Dee

Bless them! I’m sure Alicia will be a great mum! I wasn’t expecting a name like Egypt but I’m sure it has a meaning for them. Daoud is arabic for David isn’t it?
    I like Dean but I just realised that’s his last name, lol! Anyway wishing them all the best!

Alicia always said that Egypt was a special place for her she went there after her grandma died and it tottally made her happy so there’s special meaning to the name

16. Venni

Name sounds silly. If they had to go there, I think Cairo would sound better.

17. suzan

Egypt? WTF
    but..
    congrats!!

18. melo1983

Sooo many negative comments, like Egypt is the CRAZIEST name that’s ever been on this site. Haha, wow. Anyway, cute name, cute couple, I’m sure little Egypt is adorable!

19. SiervaMaria

I hold Alicia in high regard and I’m very happy for her. The name I assume has a special meaning for her and Swizz even if I personally find it very very far from what I would choose. Not my kid though is it so God bless them all.

20. Allison

I’m not a huge fan, but I agree that its not the worst out there. No worse than China, Asia, Savannah, London, ect.

I do agree that Cairo would have been really cute though.

21. Elle

Egypt should be his middle name. The names these days are getting so ridiculous. But with a father named Swizz I guess anything goes….

when I read names like ‘Egypt’ or something like ‘Moxie Crimefighter’ or ‘Pilot Inspector’ than I really thank god, that we in Germany have laws that forbid such names. Thank god, really. Poor boy. I think, such names don’t show respect from the parents for their children. It’s not nice to give your child the name of a country.

Congratulations to Alicia and Swizz on the birth of their beautiful bundle of joy, Egypt Daoud Dean. He is God`s little angel.

The beauty of having your own child is providing a name that has meaningful to the couple. The name Alicia chose, Egypt Daoud Dean, is a name God and his son Jesus has blessed.

Love is the most important thing in life. Children bring unconditional love and joy. I wish them many years of both.

haha

26. sam

sheeesh. terrible name, a relationship that has 1/100000000 chance of making 24 months and a slimeball dad….. this poor kid has all my well wishes. sadly i think he is going to need them.

He is Muslim and Egypt is a strong positive name I love it

28. Jazzie

I think any name they come up wit it is their choice and its their child so bless them and their new addition to the family………CONGRATS SWIZZ AND ALICIA…..

I don’t know what it is with most celebs these days and the names they give their kids do they realize that they have to go through life with these names. egypt seriously, is a horrible name as well as coco,apple,and zuma best of luck and congratulations to the couple on their little bundle of joy,but more time should have been spent on choosing a name…poor baby :(

30. Micaela

CONGRATS to the couple!

In fact, I’m just starting out in management media and working on to find out how to do it well – resources like this blog post are a great resource. As our website is based in the US, is kind of new to us The reference mention is something that I worry about as well, how to show your own real enthusiasm and share to the community.
    Christian Louboutin Shoes
    five fingers

yuur qoinq to be a qood mother i knw yuu are ,,, bless yuu guy wiff yuu lovinq baby boy

33. Janeece

Whoa, things just got a whole lot eiaser.

34. 1EducatedWoman

some people are ignorant and set in that way and you cant help that,Also its freedom of speech in this wonderful country, but all of the pretencious negative comments keep it to yourselves but if you had any self knowledge yes i said self knowledge! about ancient history you would know that Egypt is a powerful name for it was a rich country in all it endevours & daoud/dawud/david «««[its the same for latin translated also] (but its mostly common in Arabia for boys)… & it was the name of a Biblical-Torah-Quranic king. I think the name for their son was UNIQUE and couldnt be more creative and meaningful, I wonder how many people can actually say their name have actual definitions both religious and websters? lololol food for thought. peace & blessings to them all

35. Amira

What’s terrible is making such a rude comment on the new parents’ choice. I think Egypt (and Daoud) are names they chose with meaning and purpose… I can definitely respect that.

yes i agree, it’s tacky and pretentious.