Happy 5th Birthday Matilda Ledger!

Happy 5th Birthday Matilda Ledger!

Name: Matilda Rose Ledger

Date of Birth: October 28, 2005

Parents: Michelle Williams & Heath Ledger

Siblings: None

Facts:

• Matilda was born in Brooklyn, New York
  • Her godfather is actor Jake Gyllenhaal, while her godmother is mom Michelle’s Dawson’s Creek costar, Busy Philipps
  • Following the loss of her father in 2008, actors Johnny Depp, Jude Law & Colin Farrell helped to complete his last role in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and donated their salaries to Matilda after learning that her father’s will had not been updated to include her

Quotes:
“I’m falling more and more in love with [Matilda], and I think she deserves the bulk of my attention. We’re lucky. I can work. She can go to a good school. There’s a lot there for her. And she can know her dad in so many ways, and so many of his friends who will be able to tell her so many stories. His friends, his family—they were a big part of his life, and they will be a big part of her life.” – Michelle, on her beautiful daughter.

“She’s got light and she’s full of energy like her dad – I see a lot of similarities, so I hope Michelle’s getting ready for all that energy.” – Heath’s mother, Sally Bell, on her granddaughter.

Filed under: Birthdays,Matilda Ledger

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. Anya

Matilda is the most beautiful little girl ♥

2. Dana

Aww…Happy Birthday Matilda!

3. Bonnie

Happy Birthday Matilda!!! Hope you and your mommy have a great day….

4. Courtney

happy birthday Mathilda she is a beautiful little girl. I wonder how they picked the name maybe they read the book while Michelle was pregnant and fell in love with the name like Rita Hayworth read Ivanhoe while she was pregnant with she and Orson Welles’s daughter and fell in love with the name Rebecca which ended up their daughters name

5. Andreea

i love her so much!!!

I can’t believe it’s almost going to be 3 years since Heath’s passing. Matilda is growing into such a beautiful little girl! I also give my up most respect to Colin, Jude and Johnny for doing such a remarkable thing for Matilda!!
    Happy Birthday to the this little angel!

7. Jennifer Redgrave

Happy Birthday my princess !
    Everytime I see her pictures I cry. Cause when I look at here I see her dad.

Happy birthday Matilda! Such a cute name.

Beautiful, both of them. I miss Heath Ledger. Jake is a wonderful guy, but not Matilda’s godfather. That was a joke JG said on Oprah. Matilda’s godfather is a very close friend of Heath Ledger, a person he grew up with and this person is often photographed with Matilda. He just is not famous so his name is never printed, or the press calls him M.W’s brother etc. Perhaps Jake was made an honorary one, or the media just ran with it.

10. Tua

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY” MATILDA HOPE YOU HAD A BEAUTIFUL DAY AND LOTS OF NICE PRESENTS.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATILDA.. I CAN’T BELIVE SHE WILL NEVER GET TO KNOW HER FATHER PERSONALLY.. i dont know much about him except that he is a great actor. but i do know that he LOVED his daughter very much.. i heard it in a interview given by his co-star after he died..

MATILDA-COMES FROM THE AUSSIE SONG WALTZING MATILDA