Lily Allen Loses Her Baby

Lily Allen Loses Her Baby

Lily Allen has unfortunately lost her baby boy six months along in her pregnancy.

Her publicist announced today, “It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Lily Allen and Sam Cooper have lost their baby.”

The rep also added that the couple are asking for privacy at a “deeply distressing time.”

The 25-year-old singer had an earlier miscarriage in 2008 with ex-boyfriend Ed Simons.

Our sympathies goes out to Lily and Sam.

Filed under: Lily Allen

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. Eliza

I am so sorry for Lily and Sam – I recently suffered a miscarriage at 3 months and cannot imagine the sadness and pain at 6 months. It is the hardest thing I’ve had to go through emotionally and I don’t think the pain ever leaves us women completely. You will be in my prayers.

2. Micaela

I’m deeply sorry for them.

3. millie

Oh my, this is so very sad! I am truly lost for words. Hope they will be ok and overcome this terrible loss.

OH, no! So sorry for them…

5. Courtney

Uh at 6 months it wouldn’t be a miscarriage it would be a stillborn. six months is 26 weeks and the cut off for a miscarriage is either 20 or 24 weeks so from week 25 on it’s a stillborn. so sorry for Lily and Sam she seemed so happy and healthy this time I wasn’t expecting this to happen though she had had complications

Poor Lily, she was so upset after her first miscarriage, and now 6 months along? I can’t even imagine. My heart goes out to her and Sam.

7. Desiree Fawn

My heart goes out to this couple <3 Such a hard thing to endure.

8. Jenny Schafer

Oh no! Really sorry to hear this sad news.

I am very so for lily and sam .

I am so surry for lily and sam.

11. klutzy_girl

I am so sorry! This is so sad.

12. Marianne

How terrible to hear. Not only has she gone through something devastating like that once, but a second time too? Life can be pretty unfair sometimes.

13. Hal

I’m not sure why, but this makes me incredibly sad. Lily was so excited about this pregnancy. I remember reading an interview where she talked about always wanting a family. It’s so terrible, it seems like she was just healing and coming to terms with her first miscarriage. Very sad.

14. Tazina

She said earlier there were problems with the pregnancy, but this still must have been a terrible shock and disappointment. I felt a stab of sorrow for her when I first read the headline

15. mackenzie

My heart goes out to Lily and Sam.

This is terrible. My heart goes out to them.

17. Lioness

My heart sank when I read this- I was really rooting for her and that baby. I had a miscarriage earlier this year at 14 weeks- just when I started to relax about anything going wrong. It’s such a scary thing, and it doesn’t stop being scary until you have a child (I’m guessing). So I can’t even imagine what she’s going through with this stillbirth after her miscarriage. I’m so sorry for her and Sam, and I sincerely hope they find the strength and get the support they need to get through it.

18. suzan

OMG SO SAD!

19. ll65

OMG such sad news, my condolences to Lily and her Sam.

So so sad about this, poor her x

21. megan

Actually Courtney is a stillbirth, stillborn is when the mother gives birth and the baby is dead. Lily is six months pregnant so it’s a stillbirth not stillborn.

Heartfelt sorrow

23. elle

So sad

OMg so sad; my heart sunk when i read the headline. I thought for sure she’d delivery a beauiful healthy baby since she was so far along. I can’t imagine the sadness she’s feeling :(

my heart did the same. that is one of the saddest thing to read, a mother to be losing her unborn child…lily and sam your both in my prayers…

25. bambi

Oh, I am soooo sorry to hear. That is devasting news and i can’t even imagine.

26. Jolene

Absolutely tragic.

27. Pau

Poor Lily. You don’t expect this things to happen one you’re in your second trimester. My cousin lost her baby at 6 months too, it was unexpected and awful.
    They’ll both me in my thoughts.

This is so horrible. To carry a baby for 6 months and lose it. How devastating.

29. Domino

This is so, so sad. I feel so awful for her. :(

30. Da

I’m saddened to hear this. My thoughts are with the family.

31. Hannah.J

That is so sad, Lily tried so hard to keep this pregnancy she wanted the baby so much.

32. rachel s

This is so devastatingly sad. I hope that the world will give her her privacy during this sad time.

33. Sarah G.

That is so sad. I cannot imagine losing a child, let alone when it’s still growing inside of me.

But, given her history of miscarriages, even though there’s only been one, shouldn’t she have been careful this time around? I’m not saying she asked for it, but it seems like every time I saw her, she was performing or something. If I’d suffered a previous miscarriage, I would’ve been really careful this time around. She shouldn’t have been working so much, IMO. I know Christina Aguilera found out she was pregnant with Max while she was on tour, but she constantly had a Doctor with her, to always make sure everything was okay, and she was off tour before she was too far along in her pregnancy. I remember she was terrified of something happening.

Anyway, my heart goes out to Lily and her boyfriend. I hope God will bless them with a child in the future.

• Lioness

I’m betting she was much more careful… but that doesn’t always equate to a healthy birth. One of my friends plays volleyball- she’s 8 1/2 months pregnant and STILL playing. And everything’s fine with the baby. So you never know. We don’t know what kind of medical support that Lily had with her- she could’ve been off-tour and still lost it. Like you said, she only had one previously, so why would she suspect- at six months along- that something would go wrong?

• Kitty`

I’m sorry – I just need to chime in and say – one would not precipitate the other unless she had been diagnosed with something like an incompetent cervix. Truth of the matter is that sometimes babies just die. It could be a cord accident or a problem with the placenta, but sometimes they just die and nothing could have predicted or prevented it.

I speak from experience (and much research) – my son died at 39w1d and was born 2 days later. He was perfect, as I’m sure Lily’s babe was. It is a sad fact that not all pregnancies end in living children.

My heart goes out to them right now – they’ve lost both their child and all of their dreams for him.

terrible news! It does look like she was more low key with this pregnancy. She was stuck at home for the first few months and there were no photos of her during hat time. She only started going out and performing about 2+ months ago I think.
    Maybe her dr should have suggested bed rest, according to earlier complications in this last pregnancy and previous history.
    I hope she heals and gives birth to a healthy baby next time around.

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and have had complications during my pregnancy but to lose your baby would be devastating. It must be awful for her trying to deal with this, your whole life changes.
    God will guide her and bless her again.

Deepest condolences in this time of grief

37. Jessie

That is so sad, I was hoping the headline at the top of this webpage was just an archive of her earlier miscarriage but, of course, it wasn’t. I can’t imagine how devastated she must be.So sorry Lily for your loss.