Matt Damon: Life With 4 Kids Is “Crazy” & “Amazing”

Matt Damon: Life With 4 Kids Is "Crazy" & "Amazing"

Hands-on dad Matt Damon admits that life has been “pretty crazy” since he and his wife Luciana welcomed their baby girl Stella last month. The 40-year-old Oscar-winner, who also has daughters Isabella, 4, and Gia, 2, and stepdaughter Alexia, 12, somehow found time to chat to Hello! Canada about his newly expanded family-of-six.

On life with a new baby: “We’re definitely still euphoric. But in terms of juggling responsibilities, you’re going, ‘I’ll do that. No problem, I’ll do that.’ After a week you go, ‘Wait a minute! We have to figure out a plan here.’ The girls are all different ages and so they all require different things. It’s a lot of running around.”

On adjusting to 4 kids: “It’s been pretty crazy! The baby came a couple of weeks early. It’s our fourth, so we’ve done it before – but it’s a whole new dynamic. It’ll take a little getting used to. [But] the other girls are happy to have their little sister, so it’s amazing.”

On being a family man: “Yeah, but it didn’t seem like much of a choice. I moved and suddenly it wasn’t just my wife. It was her 4-year-old little girl – who’s now 12. There was never a choice. It was just the way it was, and I was happy for that. It was very different, it’s true, but I can’t imagine my life having not gone down that road. I can’t imagine what my life would be now. I don’t want to imagine it.”

Filed under: Matt Damon

Photo credit: Fame Pictures

Matt is such a stand-up guy. I love his comments.

LOVE this guy. Luci’s one lucky woman !

Yeah she sure is lucky. She went from a divorced bar maid with a kid and no money to stepping into $h!t and marrying a celebrity.

That’s pretty much a fairy tale …

I agree with Anonymous @6:47. If it wasn’t for Matt Damon, she’d be on the welfare line.

• Miao

So…being on the welfare line means she’s a lazy good-for-nothing? I guess she was holding out, hoping someone wealthy and famous would notice her and give her the life she’s always dreamed of, so she’d never have to work for it. Is that it?

Shame on you. The belief that the poor deserve to be poor and that the wealthy are inherently superior is not only incorrect, but dangerous.

6. T

Wow, you people are SO bitter it’s scary!!
    So much hate in this world, how sad.

7. Jacy

@pink and the negative anon : You are unbelievably jealous of Matt’s wife and she was working, being her beautiful self, and when he approached her, he knew he met a woman he wanted to take it to the next level with! She in turn found out that he was more man than actor and the rest is history. She is pretty, and deserves a good life and good man! You r suppose to marry men who will be good to you and who want you! Matt wanted a woman to be mother of his kids and his wife. His choice!

8. Shell

Didn’t know there was a “caste”system for who one can date and marry. Personally, I’m happy for them

Jacy – do you know them personally??? If you don’t like the comments, don’t read them. Moron.

10. LeeLee

Sounds like he knows how fast the time goes and he’s going to enjoy his kids. He sounds like a great dad and husband. My 3 kids are close in age like his three youngest and even though it gets crazy, I try not to take it for granted and wouldn’t change a thing.

11. MM

Matt Damon is one of the happiest looking celebrities around. When I see pictures of him he has this relaxed happy look in his eyes as do his kids and wife.
    I agree with Shell, there’s no caste system for who you can date. It’s sad that people think this way. I wish people could feel good about themselves, just for being who they are, not because they are richer, prettier, healthier or more ‘successful’ than other people. It’s too bad more single moms can’t find nice guys like Matt. I think some women won’t be able to attract guys like him because they’ve been through so much that they’re very sad and their emotional health isn’t good. I think Lucy was lucky and Matt is also very lucky to have all he has and find her. As for the “welfare” mom idea, just remember J K Rowling was a welfare mom.