Update: Kelly Preston Is Not In Labor

Update: Kelly Preston Is Not In Labor

It looks as though we’ll be waiting a little longer to meet Kelly Preston and John Travolta‘s new baby – rumours that the 48-year-old expectant mama is in labour have been denied.

“This story is 100 perfect,” a rep for John tells PEOPLE. “She’s not in labour. John is in route back to the US as was always the plan for him to return this weekend.”

Click below to read original post…

It sounds as though John Travolta has had to make good on his promise! Earlier this week the actor, who is on a promotional trip to Australia, said, “I’m ready to go at any minute, if she started having labor now we would leave and take 22 hours to get home, but I’ll get there.”

RadarOnline.com is reporting he’s had to do just that, abruptly canceling a scheduled appearance at a charity event in Perth in order to fly back home as his wife Kelly Preston has gone into labor!

The 56-year-old Get Shorty star previously told reporters that he was “a little worried” about traveling overseas so close to Kelly’s due date, saying, “When I left, she was having what they call Braxton Hicks, the fake labor, and we were both a little worried. But then the doctor said to drink more water, more liquids and that stops that. I think she just had a little talk with Ben and said, ‘Look, let’s wait till Dad comes home and deliver then.’”

Filed under: Expecting,John Travolta,Kelly Preston

Photo credit: Flynet Pictures

It figures this would happen. He never should have left in the first place. Now he might not make it.

2. Blair

theres a good chance he wont make it, for the 3rd child the labor isnt usually more than 22 hours. hope he gets there in time, if not im sure she has support from her family.

Everyone I know had their 3rd baby so quickly including myself first labor was 12hrs, second was 10, third was 2hrs and 20min, I guess we will see what happens, my feeling is that if shes truely in labor he wont make it back ontime…I dont know anyone having their 3rd that has that has had a long labor.

What was so important that he had to leave his wife when she is in the final few days of her pregnancy? And it’s not like he was in Vegas and could be home in 2 hours. Australia? Really?

5. Adriel

It does seem odd that he go so far away so near to Kelly’s due date.
    I hope the baby is healthy.

6. courtney

the 90th anniversary of Quantas airlines for which he is the us ambasador so he couldn’t back out of an appearence. some women have notoriously long labours no matter how many kids they have. besides only 5% of kids are actually born on their scheduled due-date anyway just because she was having false labor before he left didn’t neccessarily mean she’d have the real thing while he was gone. my mother had false labor for 3 1/2 weeks before I was born granted I was her first not her third. besides anytime after 37/38 weeks is full term anyway so Ben is going to be perfectly fine.

7. clarabella

People.com is reporting that this is a false rumor.

8. Helen

when you throw out a quote like “I can’t wait to meet my son” then you better be there by her side when there are chances she’s about to go into labor

9. Tazina

It’s 100 % false. She is not in labor. Just more made up Internet nonsense.

10. Ondine

What in the heck is the big rush? The mother and baby will be perfectly fine whether the father attends the birth or not.

I am in Perth and the telethon he was supposed to turn up to he was a no show. Also some Perth people had paid $10000 a head to have a meet and greet with him so that was also a no go so he definately didn’t come here. Perth was told he dashed home and hence the cancellation of his appearance at telethon.

Under the circumstances, and considering her age, I would have thought that a Caesarian would have been safer for Kelly and the baby anyway.

You mean it was a false alarm for the surrogate! She is 48 years old and running around like a 25 year old! If she is truly pregnant, she would be on bed rest for the last 4 months of the pregancy, more fodder made up the publicists!