‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham Speaks Out On Child Neglect Claims

'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham Speaks Out On Child Neglect Claims

Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham has been under fire lately after a licensed childcare provider made comments questioning whether the young mother was fit to be a parent. Abraham has decided to address those accusations in an interview with RadarOnline.

Responding to claims that she left daughter Sophia, 19-months, at a child care facility for 12 hours a day and sometimes up to seven times a week, Abraham says, “I don’t know how I would EVER forget my daughter – I love her and she’s all I think about.”

After the childcare worker, Brittney Scheer, made statements to Ok! Magazine, Abraham says she feels financial gain is the motive here. “To use Sophia to make money from that magazine. It’s really sad that somebody would use a child like this and do this to her when Sophia’s just a baby.”

Abraham also took issue with Scheer’s claims that Sophia’s development was suffering due to neglect, and pointed out that the childcare worker hadn’t cared for her daughter for quite some time. “Sophia has been walking- she’s been walking for 9 months. That includes when Brittney was taking care of her…Brittney has not babysat for Sophia for five months.”

Sophia is doing well, Abraham says, and stresses that she is a dedicated parent. “Sophia is doing awesome – she’s healthy and really good – a cute little toddler now.

“The only time I use a babysitter right now is when my mom or grandmother can’t watch Sophia, when I’m at school or working I have to use a babysitter for a few hours sometimes. I have responsibilities and I’m a single parent.”

Filed under: Celebrity Babies,Celebrity Moms,Farrah Abraham

Photo credit: Google Images

I wonder why she has to work so hard if she earns that much of money for the MTV show.

I feel for these girls, they’re under so much pressure! First the pregenancy, dealing with their parens and their boyfriend, and then making a living with their kids. I have a lot of respect for most of them!

It’s a good thing she’s working! How on earth is she going to take care of Sophia when the show ends? Just like every single parent out there, she’s gotta work!

3. JMO

Wait? Isn’t she doing the same by using her daughter to gain fame and money?? Hmm sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black!!

4. Custom essays

Being a single mother is definitely hard, and all those articles about her as about bad mother don’t make it easier. So people, let’s at first think, and just then say!!! custom essays

5. Brooke

If it ever went to court, I’m pretty sure Teen Mom Seasons 1 and 2 would be enough evidence to prove her negligence.

I’m sorry for the girls that are teens and pregnant, but the show Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant are NOT helping girls across the country stay out of bed with a guy. They basically display that this is ok, have the baby and we’ll put you on the show. Then depending on how bad the situation they get TV and magazine interviews and cover spreads. I have a few friends in the TV/print industry and you get alot of money for those mags especially if you make the cover. So is this really helping or hindering our girls. Get the show off the air or get some proffessional counselors in there to help these girls out.

She is a bad mom, leaving her baby in a sink with water running, the baby then turns it to hot and gets burned, all while mom is off doing something…leaving her baby to fall off the bed or couch or wherever shes left her while again shes off not paying attention to her child. I have no doubt in my mind that she left her daughter that much at day care…when she lived with her parents all she wanted to do was leave Sophia with her mom so she could go hang out with friends. She is totaly disrespectful and ungrateful brat, Let’s hope her daughter learns better.

8. lorie

i think farah an all the girls r doing wat they need 2 do theres alot of people who think there parenting way is best but u only know wats rite for u an ur own u can listen 2 addvise but u don’t have 2 keep it all just wat u can use live an learn thats wat i always say sum times life switchs thing around an we have 2 deal with it the best way we can i luv u all keep trying for the best thats all we can do no mater wat others say

If she is so concerned about money for her baby, then why every time I watch, all I see is this kid getting her hair and nails professionally did??? To top it off her baby is can be seen in the background of the salon wrecking it n playing with harmful possibly even deadly chemicals!!! And then the skank has the nerve to be posting bikini pics on the Internet of herself when she’d just had a baby weeks prior to the nasty photos! It’s farrahs world Baby!

10. Synonymous

The show Teen Mom is not true-to-life. These girls are being paid per episode. They’re getting free trips to New York and elsewhere, appearing in magazines (and receiving money for it) and some other extra perks. Amber and Gary went for a period of time not working, yet still had their rent, food and other bills paid. Catelynn and Tyler don’t do anything. They failed to graduate, they don’t work, they lay around most of the time doing nothing. Maci was able to take the entire summer off of work AND school despite having just moved into a nice two bedroom apartment on her own, but somehow managed to “get by”? What single teen parent can choose take a “summer off” of work?

Not a true portrait of what it’s like in the real world. A lot of the emotional issues they deal with are true, but not everything is a true portrayal.

Which is sad.

umm first of all why are you guys so worried about farrah she’s not worried about you at all, and you’ll talking about her getting famous off magazines and the tv show she’s getting famous off yall too cuz yall constantly have her name in yall mouth, i dont like to see people talk bad about someone else because you need to look at yourself before you judge somebody else, yall aint perfect either so stop pretending, she’s a good mom give her credit instead of downing her and talking bad about her people like yall i would call some haters yall just mad cuz yall dont have a show haha! get a life and stop worrying about other people.

12. zack norris woman catrina

HEY HEY NOW THAT IS NOT RIGHT FARRAH IS A GREAT MOTHER TO SOPHIA BECAUSE AT LEAST SHE IS TRYING HER BEST TO RAISE SOPHIA WITHOUT A FATHER IN SOPHIA’S LIFE GIVE FARRAH A BREAK SHE IS TRYING HER BEST SO BACK OFF. I BET WHEN YOU BE COME A MOTHER YOU WILL HAVE SOME PROBLEMS TOO SO JUST THINK ABOUT IT THAT WAY GIRLS AND ALSO YOU DON’T WHAT FARRAH WAS BEEN THROUGH IN HER LIFE SO GIVE HER A CHANCE TO BE A GOOD MOTHER BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT IS HARD HAVING TO GO TO SCHOOL AND WORK AND TAKE CARE OF A INFANT YOU KNOW DUDE????? WAIT YOU PROBABLY DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU PROBABLY DON’T HAVE A KID LIKE FARRAH DOES SO JUST KEEP YOU WORDS TO YOURSELF IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY BECAUSE YOU KNOW PEOPLE DO HAVE FEELINGS TO BESIDE YOU SO YUP JUST BACK OFF FARRAH………….

13. cami

she a good mom 2 be single n takin care of i baby thats a true mother dont noe her but im proud there still good moms out there rock on

These teens are like us normal people. We judge & judge only realising they are just like everyone else in the real world. The only thing is, they were on a reality tv. NO ONE IS PERFECT ! SOOO STOP JUDGING !!

She is in the public eye,shes going to be judge,she has picked that life for her & her daughter.There are other moms on the show,that are having a hard time but you dont see them clearly neglecting they’re children.Yes they are young and it is hard,i was a young mum,luckily not in the public eye,but my child was always totaly safe with me,can you say the same about farrah?? Im not doubting she loves sophia,but maybe she needs to think about her actions first,and maybe stop being concerned about herself soo much? just my opinion.

People lets cut these girls some slack! They’re doing the best they can. Granted some (Amber) dont use the best judgment but I believe Farrah to be a good mom. So what if shes making money off the show. The shows making it off them. I think its wise and a selfless thing for her to leave Sophia to continue her education. The show wont last forever and a future has to be made for her and the baby.

I would agree that she does need to treat her parents better. I think she has a lot of anger due to losing her boyfriend… we dont know all the details, nor is it any of our bee’s wax!