Willow Smith & Family: AMA Fashion-Forward

Willow Smith & Family: AMA Fashion-Forward

She may be one of the youngest stars to have walked the red carpet, but Willow Smith certainly knows how to get noticed!

The 10-year-old singer wore an interesting outfit, alongside her movie star mama Jada Pinkett Smith and her 12-year-old brother Jaden at the 2010 American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night (November 21).

Willow is currently promoting her hit single, Whip My Hair. The aspiring pop star has a recording contract with Jay-Z’s label.

Filed under: Jada Pinkett-Smith,Jaden Smith,Willow Smith

Photo credit: Fame / INFdaily.com

1. Valerie Pie

I have no clue what AA means and I don’t care… Everyone wrote their opinions and I wrote mine… The Gosselin family are not celebrities, it’s a fat chinese dude and a haggard trick who gave birth to a bunch of test tube babies… I don’t see the point… But thanks for your input and my opionion stands that the comments are all made based on their skin color… Who gives a quarter of a flying fawk if they walked out the house wearing dresses made out of chicken skin or meat????

AA = African American. Duh.

• Miss Manners

Valerie, I think it’s hysterical that you’re clearly “AA” yourself and don’t even know what it means. You’re the only one bringing up race and for the record, Jon Gosselin is Korean, not Chinese. THAT is actually quite racist. And if you’re implying that no one spoke out about Lady GaGa in her meat dress because she’s white, then you have had your head inserted firmly up your rear-end because EVERYONE is talking about that outfit. Even you.

Talk about double standards, look who’s Racist, oh forgot, that’s right Blacks have that right only!!!!!

2. Anonymous 2

This family has no taste in fashion whatsoever!
    They look absolutely ridiculous!

WTF is that? Do they actually think they look good?

GOOD LORD is all I have to say.

5. Hanh

Wow that is one awful outfit. That family needs a new stylist ASAP.

6. Victoria

I’m sorry but yes they look ridiculous, Willow’s outfit is especially too tight in the crotch area, Jada is just undescribable and not in a good way, and Jaden isn’t terrible but he just doesn’t seem to be matching, the colors and materials just aren’t too loud so most people won’t notice. Next, although unlike the above comments, I’m not trying to make this into a negative thing about race, but just bringing race into the equation by saying, that yes I’m African-American, but I find it hilarious that other African-Americans love to stick up for their sense of dress. It’s because some of the African-American community, not all but some, see Jaden and especially Willow, as kids that their children can look up to and look at them and see that hey these kids look like me, and they also have talent, so they want to defend them, because truthfully there aren’t that many African-American kids in entertainment for other African American kids to look up to. But me, one has nothing to do with the other, and being mean, but truthful when I say that these kids cannot dress, and are not that creative. They have stylists so they obviously don’t dress themselves, and they need to fire those stylists because their outfits aren’t cute. Willows song is just not that good at all, but I can’t say that I’m surprised that people like adult and kids alike because nowadays people will shake their heads and their asses to anything with a “sick” beat, all the while ignoring the lyrics and the lackthereof. Jaden has only been in one movie so only time will tell if he’ll have what it takes to be a good actor, and I will only give him the credit he is due, if it’s in a movie not being footed for by his father.

The mother is like here are my kids and here is ME (the only way anyone will pay any attention to her).

8. Super.K

WOW, Something exploded on the red carpet….what a mixture of color….what a mess!! I think someone needs to pass on the message “Less is more”

9. Glee

WTF????HEY JADA JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TURNED DOESN’T MEAN YOU HAVE TO LOOK SO AWFUL.

10. Valerie Pie

You’re all pathetic losers… Look at the family for their talent and not how they choose to dress… I’m sure if it was some white celebrity and their kids, you’d be fawning over them… Racist idiots.

11. dholmas

They need a new stylist. Jada and Willow look ridiculous and trashy.

I wish they’d just go away :(

DITTO!!!! I’m so shocked that Will & Jada have turned into such PUBLICITY HOUNDING NEGLECTFUL PARENTS! They used to seem so normal. And those kids are the most egotistical, camera-hungry, future Zoloft-taking, brats! I’ll never watch another Will Smith movie again!!!!11

• Miss Manners

i agree that the clothing is…odd, to say the least, but what about their parenting is neglectful? I work in child welfare and see TRUE neglect every single day and I’d love to know what you see as neglectful here.

• lovely

yall people need to shut up all of yall are just mad because they look better than all ya cuz yall are just ugly stupid haters so just leave the happy familey alone ok im done here bye.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Did they dress in the DARK with their eyes closed???

Jaden doesn’t look quite as bad as the other two. Do they actually think they look good?

15. Venni

This is just stupid! They need therapy.

16. Brooke

I’m sorry but Willow looks ridiculous.

Mother looks almost as bad as the daughter.

18. AnnieMouse

Who the heck was their stylist? I’d be firing them a.s.a.p.! Wow…that’s just ugly from all angles!

19. mackenzie

the whole family looks ridiculous.

20. Cam

I know this family can afford a mirror, I suggest they buy one! What a mess.

21. Shell

Beautiful people but silly clothes. Maybe they were having fun with the looks but I have a funny feeling that in a few years they may laugh at this picture.

They are ugly and they look terrible!

I Like this family, the outfits not so much. They are celebrities, they missed on this one :-) it happens

24. Adriel

Willow’s hair looks pretty.

Wow. The outfit Willow has on is a hot mess. But, I guess if she likes it then that’s what matters. She has horrible taste, but it’s her right to have bad fashion sense I suppose.

None of them has style, that’s for sure.

27. lovely

yall need to shut yall just haters thy look better than all yall let me tell you that much,but yall need to stop being mean to them because what end up seeing this on the computer they will be very upset then they will probably end up saying bad words to yall because i think they all look very good because they have style unlike yall, oh and one more thing why is yall talking about them, oh now i get you guys are mad that they dress up good and you guys don’t now does’nt that make a coniedence so, and yeah i am 11 and i can talk like this so just leave them alone please and bye.

28. Angelus

WOW Jaden Smith is so fine, he is so talented and so fine Willow is talented and she has great fashion sense, i like her because she can explain why she likes her outfit.!!!!
    Jada is also talented because she is a good actor also a good mother *Karate kid* (lol) i kinda like her dress, i think it shows what she is like sophisticated but still sexy girl
    love you willow and jaden