Kim Zolciak Spotted Smoking During Pregnancy

Kim Zolciak Spotted Smoking During Pregnancy

TMZ reveals the above photo of an expectant Kim Zolciak smoking a cigarette earlier this month while watching an NFL game.

The 32-year-old Real Housewives of Atlanta star revealed last week that she is three months along with her third child.

Kim is denying the photographic evidence. She took to Twitter on Saturday morning saying:

Goood Morning! Please don’t believe all u read! I woke up to some more BS in the press!! Imagine that?!!”

Someone responded saying, “its pretty hard to argue with a photo.” Her reply to the tweet? “Not when it was taken 2 months ago! Thank u!” she replied.

The baby’s father is Kim’s boyfriend, 25-year-old Atlanta Falcons defensive Kroy Biermann.

Filed under: Kim Zolciak

Photo credit: TMZ

1. hlbronson

Another example of trash that shouldn’t be allowed to procreate. Fantastic job at starting off your unborn child’s life as healthy as possible! Idiot.

2. alaina

What a nasty habit to smoke. I guess she don’t care for her unborn baby health.

3. popsykl

god i thought it was rupert everett in drag lol

What an attractive picture too. It really shows how classy and beautiful smoking can be. Let’s hope the baby comes with a built in filter for his/her mothers stupidity. It looks like there will be a great need for one. Smoking while pregnant—-now here is someone who has been planning and hoping for a healthy baby!!!

If you don’t want to/can’t stop smoking use birth control because it means you’re too self centered to have kids anyway. Disgusting

6. melo1983

Not that I condone this at all, but she is definitely not the first and only person to do this.

My aunt became pregnant while serving in the military and she was smoker, the doctors told her not to quit completely (My cousin was born healthy and is now 11 years old). If you were a heavy smoker and become pregnant the doctors tell you not to stop cold turkey, just to smoke a lot less than you normally do. Your body goes into withdrawal and can do more harm to the fetus especially early in the pregnancy.

I don’t smoke and I think it’s a gross habit, but like the poster above me said she’s definitely not the first person to do this.

Even IF this is true, the baby will have to quit cold turkey when it’s born which is just as horrible! The moment you start trying for a baby is the moment you have to quit smoking.

• Sunny Sue

Actually, you’re right. The effects of quitting cold-turkey are as bad as coming off of many hard-core drugs. The worst withdrawl is actually alcohol!! You can die from the effects of withdrawl. The thing is, Kim has had two babies and is, supposedly, a NURSE- she knows how this works. She was having unprotected sex and wasn’t on birth control. Obviously she wanted to get pregnant. If that’s the case, why wouldn’t you quit this disgusting habit before concieving? Why would you do that to your poor, defensless, unborn child?

I worked with a woman who smoked until the day she delivered and one day, she was standing outside of our buidling and a car drove by and saw her smoking with this HUGE pregnant belly. They threw something and screamed profanity at her. Her excuse? “My doctor told me not to quit cold turkey!” Idiot.

no matter if she’s the first, second or last person to smoke while pregnant, fact is she’s a trashy, uneducated idiot for smoking at all. She has kids already right – so why is she smoking at all. there’s no excuse for not knowing how bad this is for kids today and unborn kids too, we are so much more educated today on the effects of smoking and what they potentially can do, so stop being so selfish and quit for chrissakes. things don’t look so good for that kid anyway..

10. Courtney

some of you are overdramatic smoking doesn’t always lead to problems with the child after it’s born. what about being delivered incorrectly or something like that.

• hlbronson

Wow, Courtney calling someone else dramatic?…If this isn’t a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black, then I don’t know what is! Crazy I tell ya! :)

• musiclover

Drunk driving doesn’t always lead to death…..but does that make it okay? This is an unborn BABY! Why would she, as a mother, want to risk her baby’s health by smoking? I would give anything to know what it’s like to have a baby growing inside me…..but I never will, and it ticks me off that there are women who are given this gift that are so selfish, that they can’t lay off the cigarettes for 9 months for the sake of their baby?! Arghh!!

• Sunny Sue

Hello Courtney! In case no one has ever told you this, you’re not bright. You should know that. It’s important.

My husband has sd several times. There is nothing as ugly as a pregnant woman smoking.

12. Gisele

That’s the point I was going to make, is that there are millions of women who struggle with infertility issues yet people like her are pregnant and compromising the health of their unborn baby. I’m sure there are lots of babies who are “just fine” when born to a mother who smokes. But that doesn’t mean that accross the board, every baby will be ok, plus at the end of the day it’s straight up SELFISH!!!!! If I were struggling with infertility issues sh*t like this would really piss me off. It is extremely selfish and trashy! What a gross bitch.

13. Gisele

14. Venni

Maybe she didn’t know she was pregnant at the time. When I found out I was pregnant, I was already 3+ months and I was lamenting b/c just two weeks prior I had drank a few beers while out with friends. I felt really guilty. But, damn. I didn’t know I was pregnant at the time. Thankfully, it was only the one time, as I was not a regular drinker.

15. Venni

16. Elizabeth

just a comment- there is NO WAY she is 32. Add a decade, maybe.

courtney is right, smoking does NOT always lead to problems after birth, but if you could take precautions to prevent your unborn child from POTENTIALLY developing problems wouldn’t you????? she’s a selfish, self centered fool who can’t take 9 months away from herself to possibly ensure a healthy birth weight. It’s been proven that babies born to smokers are generally born smaller. why would you take that risk unless you were a totally self centered dummy??

Yeah, I remember those pix of Catherine Zeta Jones puffing away when she was hugely with child – the ones where she was topless and sporting a bikini bottom. Wonder if those are still around? Wonder if she’s still smoking?

@hlbronson…my words exactly! I can’t wait for all smoking to be banned in the US. Smokers are so inconsiderate, pollute your earth in your own nasty house.

20. Jolene

Maybe she didn’t know she was pregnant. Not that I’m defending her, lady shouldn’t be smoking at all. Ew.

21. Brooke

Yes, smoking is disgusting. Yes, it’s irresponsible to be doing when you’re pregnant. BUT, it doesn’t mean your baby will be deformed or permanently damaged. My mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and I’ve turned out ok….so far :)

• Sunny Sue

Honestly, I know you were being light-hearted but that is a rediculous statement to make. Your mother smoked because, at the time, she didn’t know any better. Today, we know better. It’s unhealthy and it’s unfair to the baby.

Feeding your baby peanut butter doesn’t mean they’re break out in hives, but are you going to take that chance? Giving them a hot dog at 3 months doesn’t mean they’ll necasarily choke to death but are you going to roll the dice?

We also used to toss kids in the backseat with no carseat, but does that mean you’re willing to drive around with your infant in your lap?

When you know better, you do better. Sorry but your point is moot.

She must have known, as this pregnancy was announced fairly quickly and pregnancy photos with the baby’s father have already circulated.
    I am a sometimes-smoker, but I never smoked while pregnant. I won’t smoke in front of my children.
    This woman is trash.
    Is that a hospital ID bracelet I see? I feel sorry for this woman’s children.

23. Heather

Is that an alcohol bracelet? I have to believe she didn’t know at the time. I also think she looks way older than 32!!

24. Valerie Pie

SHE’S A HOE… UGLY TRASH

25. Jack109

Watching a new born go through withdraws, because his mother was told BY HER DOCTOR not to quit cold turkey while she was pregnant because it could do more damage than good, was the least fun thing I’ve ever done in my life. It was not me with my child but it was someone very close to me who lived with me when she had her child and needless to say NO baby should ever have to go through that.
    This child is constantly sick from colds to having MERSA and while no one has actually linked it to the mother smoking while pregnant, I don’t doubt that it has everything to do with it.

Please people! Stop complaining about this woman because she smokes. You have no clue if she even knew she was pregnant at this time.

What is more gross is seeing a pregnant woman who gained 60+ pounds because she cannot help stuffing her face with food and who also drives a minivan? Personally I see the latter much more in this country, and that to me is more disgusting.

27. Daniella

My mother does not smoke, drink, or do drugs & my brothers & I were all born over 9 pounds & healthy. None of my aunts do either & all of their children (28 combined to be precise), were born over 7 pounds & healthy except for a cleft palate in there with my one cousin.

On the other hand, my stepmother smoked all through her pregnancy & my little brother was born at barely 6 pounds & went through severe withdrawal. Smoking is one of the worst things you can do to an unborn child & my little brother had to suffer because of my stepmother’s selfish choices.

28. giselle

man she looks sooo old! Is she really 32?

The last time I checked, smoking is still legal in this country; pregnant or not. You don’t like it people, too bad.