Teen Mom Amber Portwood’s Daughter Returns Home

Teen Mom Amber Portwood's Daughter Returns Home

Just days after she was made a ward of the state by an Indiana judge, 2-year-old Leah has been reunited with her mom Amber Portwood.

“Leah is moving into Amber’s new home, where Amber had her daughter’s bedroom all set up for her return,” a source close to the Teen Mom star tells US. “Amber is so excited to have Leah back!”

The toddler’s return – she’s been living with her dad Gary Shirley since last month – is the latest news in the ongoing story of the troubled reality star mom. Just weeks ago Amber, 20, was charged with domestic assault and battery after she reportedly choked, slapped and kicked her ex – at times in front of their daughter.

Amber told US that living without little Leah has been “the lowest of the low. Every night she’s been saying, ‘Where’s Mommy?’”

Filed under: Amber Portwood

Photo credit: Google Images

Oh no! Just because she buys a new house doesn’t mean she’s fit to be a parent…it hasn’t been nearly enough time for her to have had the proper counseling.

She shouldn’t have that child. How sad.

The state gives these children back too many times. They give parents way too many chances. With that said, Why in the world is being a teen mom celebrity status now??? I can’t stand the fact that our society is so accepting of teens “raising” children when the grandparents really bear the burden.

4. Sunny Sue

Actually, as someone who works in this field of child-welfare, I can say this – the goal is always reunification. The state is not trying to take or keep your children. This is typical and appropriate. There was no aggregious abuse nor was there a substance abuse issue. Placing the baby back in her home is in the best interest of the child – being separated from your family is NOT. Amber’s case is certainly not closed. The social worker will remain in her life and help her work her case plan [which probably involved finding suitable housing, parenting classes, anger management, etc - all typically] for about 6 months. Then they will revisit wether or not this family needs continuing support or not. Don’t jump to conclusions about what the state does when you know absolutely nothing about it.

As someone who also works in social services, I can say that sometimes giving the child back is just what is easiest at the time. Don’t try to pretend that you don’t see incapable mothers having their children returned to them, only to know deep down that the child is going to be back with the state in a couple of months. The system is NOT ok and especially in Amber’s case, that child SHOULD NOT be with her.

• crystal

Well, your goal may be to keep families together, however I think it’s sad that you think that is always in “the best interest of the child.” As a teacher I have never seen any results come from social services, even children who desperately needed help. The children I have seen had to stay with parents who beat them, left them hungry, were drug addicts, didn’t dress them properly for weather or school, neglected them, etc. Why the state believes this is in the child’s best interest is beyond me. The school will contact and contact social services with no results, ever! I am not sure what it takes for DSS to actually help a child.

well said Sunny!

WTF is wrong with the state of Indiana? This is such BS! Amber is such an unfit mother.

Shows like “Teen Mom” and “16 and Pregnant” make me sick. CHILDREN (and yes they are children) do not need more encouragement to get knocked up and fail miserably at life. For those who say, “Hey, I got pregnant in high school, and I’m going to college now,” I say, “On who’s dime?” 75% of teen mothers end up on welfare within five years of delivering their first child. Hmmm, five years? That sounds like just about the time mommy and daddy would say, “Get out and be a grown-up.” I am a firm believer that if you can’t afford ‘em, you can’t keep ‘em. That goes for all ages. One last thing, I’m not some crotchety old lady; I’m 29 and have gone through my share of bad decisions (IV drugs use, dropping out of school, etc.) but I’ve always had enough sense to only screw up my own life and not be a parasitic member of society. In addition, when I did decide to straighten myself out it was a lot easier because, again, I only had me to take care of. Now I am a successful nurse, have a wonderful husband, and a beautiful family. Think about that, little girls, BEFORE you hop into bed with the next one.

amber, and especially farrah, are stupid, skanky, low-rent bitches.

amber deserves to have her kid taken away, but not as much as the kid deserves to be taken away from those disgusting fat freaks.

Farrah, on the other hand, not only deserves to have her kid taken away, but I hope her murderer boyfriend beats her up too…how else is she going to know that he really loves her? LOL!!!! At the very least, it might knock some sense into her dipshit head.
    These bitches don’t deserve a network pay cheque, and sympathy, they deserve a kick in the head

9. SG

I am 20 and had my first child at seventeen and I don’t believe that I was too young. Yes i had a lot to learn in a very short space of time but if you can learn too put someone else before yourself then you can learn to be a good mum. It makes me angry that people watch these shows and just think your too young you can’t do it and you can’t do it right. I go to college I work and pay all my bills on time and I still have time for my son who is loved and healthy just like most other children regardless of how old there mother is. Your age doesn’t determine whether your Fitt to be a mother!!