Nicole Richie: “I Have To Protect My Children”

Nicole Richie: "I Have To Protect My Children"

Nicole Richie has reportedly settled with paparazzo Fabricio Luis Mariotto, dropping her petition for a permanent restraining order provided he stay away from Nicole, her fiance Joel Madden and their kids Harlow, 2, and Sparrow, 1, for 5 years.

The mom-of-two told Ellen DeGeneres that when the photographer showed up at her daughter’s school she felt she needed to take action.

“Recently there was a certain paparazzi that was trespassing onto my daughter’s school. I don’t want to prevent anyone from making a living, but at the end of the day we all do have to follow certain guidelines and we all have to answer to somebody. And at the end of the day, as a mother, I have to protect my children. It’s instinctual. Right or wrong, you have to protect your children.”

In other news, rumor has it that Nicole and Joel will be tying the knot in New York City this weekend!

Filed under: Nicole Richie

Photo credit: Flynet Pictures

How does settling with him without a restraining order protect her daughter?

• Elsa

Sorry if this is completely inaccurate, but I think it’s probably just, “Stay away or we’ll make you stay away” – in other words, the guy either keeps away voluntarily and with nothing against him, or a restraining order is granted and he has to keep away by law and has something against him on his criminal record.

Probably more complicated than that (don’t even know if what I said is at all right!) but that’s what I’m reading from it.

She’s nothing but a backwards idiot.

3. SMH

By the way it’s a shame that’s all people set out do or think about, whenever they hear of a person, just keep on saying and posting the same stuff ans if that is really going to hurt their feelings, I bet we all aren’t even relevant in the slightest in these people’s lives lol

4. nike shoes

May be the air max 2010 brand in the United States, and was born in the United States, of course, compared to nike shox shoes, the San Francisco Guide this country attached great importance to them, in fact, is the way San Francisco to celebrate the opening of the first to the tenth anniversary of nike air max 2009 , Nike launched its pair of special Air Max 90 San Francisco Edition, this section of San Francisco SF Special Edition will be available the day of 10 anniversary there, a total of 120 pairs of limited edition.

5. SMH

Oh great the religious police is here, (well I’m sorry you’re not a purtian, especially with that type of language, which wasn’t even necessary, being used) I mean if all you wanted to do was come post on why she is this and that because she had the “audacity” to commit a sin (twice) then it was time not spell very well. And “craps” out two kids (as if they’re some sort of animals or something, they’re still humans and they’re here and there’s nothing else we can do about it you know lol), why did she “crap” them out, oh that’s right, they don’t deserve respect of any sort just because they’re illegitmate. Boy I’m glad you nor I are famous, given that we’d just have anonymous bottom feeders on the net keeping on reminding us of our past transgressions.

6. Kate

Hahaha!

Goodness me, someone has some anger issues!

Such a classy comment, couldn’t even put your own name to it!