Jennifer Meyer: Ruby & Otis “Are Adorable Together!”

Jennifer Meyer: Ruby & Otis "Are Adorable Together!"

Her husband Tobey Maguire may be a household name, but busy mom Jennifer Meyer has a pretty impressive career of her own. A jeweler, her pieces are often seen on some of Hollywood’s hottest stars. Jennifer recently chatted to ChildMode.com about how she finds time for work while raising kids Ruby, 4, and Otis, 1 1/2.

On balancing kids and career: “I think as most working mothers will tell you, you do the best you can each and every day. Ultimately, my family comes first, which means I have to rely on my incredible production team to help me get everything done.”

On her budding fashionista: “Ruby loves getting dressed up, and has recently become interested in making jewelry. I’ve taken Ruby to the bead store and she’s made some really amazing jewelry!”

On her kids’ early bond: “They are adorable together! Ruby is very protective of Otis. And in the morning the first thing Otis says is ‘Rube. Rube.’ Because he can’t pronounce Ruby yet.”

On finding time for creativity: “Although my family and work keep me busy, I always pay attention to my surroundings. You can find inspiration in the most interesting, unexpected places.”

Filed under: Jennifer Meyer

Photo credit: Fame

Am I the only one who finds this woman incredibly unattractive?

awww, i liked her stories about her kids. :)

3. givingseed@yahoo.com

are you kidding? She’s so pretty! She also seems like a kind, down-to-earth, involved, proud parent. Her jewelry line is awesome, my favorite pieces (which I’m saving up to buy) are the heart studs and the wishbone necklace.

Gag….Oh please. Meyer’s father is one of the richest people in the entertainment buisness and she has never worked a day in her life. The only reason she has her ‘jewelery’ line is because of daddy. No one would buy her stuff if she was an independent designer. This woman is beyond entitled and I am sick of famous moms lying about how busy they are. Ya, busy telling your staff what to do.

She’s very independent, not dependent on her father and is a very hands on mother that does indeed have a jewelry line that does quite well. She isn’t Nicole Ritchie or Paris Hilton! Stop hating.

6. Kristina

Her jewelry designs are incredibly generic. Her connections must get these collections in high-end stores. … Let’s stop lauding wealth and privilege as achievement.

7. Em