Natalie Portman Is Engaged & Expecting!

Natalie Portman Is Engaged & Expecting!

Academy Award-nominated actress Natalie Portman and choreographer Benjamin Millepied are engaged and expecting their first child, People reports.

The couple met while making her latest flick, Black Swan. Natalie’s performance in the film has earned her nominations for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award.

The 29-year-old V for Vendetta actress will next be seen in the romantic comedy, No Strings Attached, costarring Ashton Kutcher.

This will be the first child for Natalie who is due in 2011.

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Expecting

Photo credit: INFdaily.com

1. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them! This came out of nowhere.

2. JMO

Never saw this coming! Well congrats!!

WTF
    I didn’t even know that she was seeing someone. How long have they been together?
    Congrats to them in any case.

4. Lisa

YAY! Another vegan mommy! Lots of <3 and congrats!!!

5. caitlin

YAY! Another vegan mommy. What do vegan parents feed their newborn baby? Congratulations to Natalie and family.

Funny name for a choreographer. Millepied translate to thousand feet in English.

7. caitlin

Yeah I know vegan feed newborn breast milk like most mothers do. But what do they feed the newborn when they eat.

Vegan? Wait until those cravings kick in and she will be dreaming about ham, cheeseburgers and Arby’s. Been there, done that.

Congrats.

9. Lisa

Ha! Breastmilk or soy formula. I didn’t have any crazy cravings that couldn’t be veganized. Everything can be made as a vegan option, my sister actually found fake fish (I like the thai fish at VP in NYC). Most of my cravings were for soy cottage cheese sometimes with french dressing-i know weird, portabella mushroom burgers with avocado, cold sesame noodles with lots of hot sauce or peanut lime noodles, cajun seitan sandwiches with soy aioli sauce, potato salad with vegenaise, and apple cider. I’m petite and I just had a 9 lb 3 oz baby boy on November 26th and I’ve been vegan since 1993. So he was well fed. :) I’m sure Ms. Portman will have lots of options (if she isn’t a good cook), especially living in NYC. : )

But that much soy is not good for boys, yes?

11. Lisa

The pediatrician was fine with it. We don’t really need to worry about his male infertility (supposedly it can cause lower sperm rates in some men) till he hits puberty. And it doesn’t seem to have any effect on any of my vegan male friends, they have children and are very much in shape (none are feminine looking). But it will be something I will look into further later on, if it hasn’t been proven to be medical folklore by then. : )

12. Loretta

I bet she’s expecting a girl!!! Congrats!!

wow…that was quick

it is perfectly ok to eat vegan diet while pregnant. i did and my son was 7’8oz born almost a month early and hes very healthy. i would have eaten anything to keep my baby safe…actually the cravings started after he was born, i never ate more than after i started breastfeeding, and still was 97 pounds at my 6 week pp appt. i bet she’ll be just fine, and I think shes having a girl too:):)

I didn’t even know she had a new boyfriend. Wow everything happened so fast, but great news! She knows how to handle press and stay out of tabloids, although now the papz will really follow her everywhere. 2011 will be her year! I bet she will score some awards for Black Swam too. Did anyone else notice the weight gain on the red carpet? I knew something was off…

16. Lioness

That’s good- it would’ve been a crime for her to stay as skinny as she was for Black Swan, lol… congrats to her!! Here’s to a healthy pregnancy!