Elton John & David Furnish Welcome Son Zachary!

Elton John & David Furnish Welcome Son Zachary!

Congratulations are in order for Elton John and David Furnish – the longtime couple are the proud new parents of a baby boy!

Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John was born in California via a surrogate on December 25. He weighed 7lbs, 15oz.

“We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,” Elton and David tell US. “Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.”

Though Elton once mused that parenthood was likely not in their future, he had a change of heart after spending time at a Ukrainian orphanage last year.

Zachary is the first child for the 62-year-old singer and his partner, who have been together for 12 years.

Filed under: Births,Elton John

Photo credit: Fame

1. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to Elton and David! I’m so excited for them.

And yay for the Levon reference!

2. LauraJen

Awh, yay!! :-)
    Congratulations Elton and David!!

I guess you can buy whatever you want these days and a baby was the only thing Elton hadnt got. Im sorry this wont be a popular comment but I feel too much that people are just saying I want this, and If I thrown money someones way I’ll get it.
    Given their ages and the fact there are so many children out there needing a good home why could they have not adopted a child at least?

They should have adopted a needy child

5. Jonna

Sorry but I just hate that rich people just can buy a baby like this. I wish they at least could adopt instead.

They TRIED to adopt before but were denied. I don’t know why. They have more than enough money and could provide any child with a comfortable life. I think it’s great that they have a child now. They deserve every happiness. :) Congrats to them. I say that as long as they can take care of the child and love the child, more power to them!

7. Charlotte

awesome :D congrats to the happy couple :D

Congrats! Now that’s a real Christmas gift!

9. Hannah.J

I wonder if either of them are the biological parent or if they used a donor.

10. Brooke

I think it’s kind of selfish to have a baby at such an advanced age as Elton’s.