Amber Portwood: I’m Scared To Go Back To Jail

Amber Portwood: I'm Scared To Go Back To Jail

Late last year, Amber Portwood emerged from the Madison County jail in Anderson, Ind. “I just can’t even imagine not seeing my little baby if I go back to jail,” the Teen Mom star and mother to 2-year old Leah told Life & Style in her first post-jail interview. “It scares me so bad.”

Amber has been charged with two counts of domestic battery, one count of neglect of a dependent and one misdemeanor charge of domestic battery for beating her ex-boyfriend and Leah’s father, Gary Shirley, during an episode of MTV’s hit reality show. If convicted, she could face up to three years in prison and pay a $10,000 fine.

She admits that her violent rages being aired on TV has potentially ruined her life.

I wouldn’t have been in jail because nobody would have known about it,” she said.

Her family seems to agree.

“Before that scene of her hitting Gary aired, she didn’t have problems,” her brother Shawn Portwood said. “I can’t say completely that it’s the show’s fault because obviously my sister did it. But Amber and Gary asked them not to air the fight because they knew this legal stuff would happen. Now my sister gets death threats, and my niece’s life is in turmoil.”

Filed under: Amber Portwood

Photo credit: Life & Style

1. Pino3321

I love how she said if I wasn’t on TV no one would have known about it! The fact is she shouldn’t have been doing it on or off TV end of story. Who knows what could have happened if it wasn’t on TV, her daughter could have been the next one to get hit. And Amber should of thought about her actions before she did it, she wouldn’t be in all of this mess, it’s her fault totally. She deserves everything that is coming to her.

• Sunny Sue

Exactly! She clearly has learned NOTHING. she’s so busy being annoyed that she GOT CAUGHT that isn’t taking responsibility. But that doesn’t surprise me from this waste of space.

2. AnnieMouse

If you don’t hit, beat, or abuse your partner/spouse you won’t be arrested, charged, or put in jail for domestic assault. It’s that simple…

Why are these people on TV? Why do people see them as entertainment?

It’s just sad.

where is all that income coming from? what $280K?

jeez…”being a teen mom ruined my life”…imagine how that poor child is going to feel when she grows up and sees THAT? This girl deserves everything she has coming to her..i hope she gets jail time. She shoulda thought about that before she did it. Great mom material there *sarcasm*

6. popsykl

gee wizz she look fantastic…..good on her for her dramatic weght loss

I am from the same town as Amber and the weight loss is because of drugs, alot of people i know say that they have seen her doing coke. also the guys she dates I know and they aren’t the way they are portrayed on the show. Anderson is small town and this girl is stupid for doing what she does knowing everyone knows about her and the show and especially because she is on tv because she is a mom. It’s just sad. It is kinda funny to watch first hand how tv portrays people differently than they actually are so that’s why i watch the show.

just as i thought. the only reason she’s even sorry is because she got caught. like she said if it had not been aired noone would have known about it and she would have not gotten into trouble. how sad is that? get help amber cause you’re sick. it makes me sick to my stomach that you could care less you still blame everyone else. as for Gary he needs to get some professional help so he knows that this is not how he should be treated. they both need councling. amber need to stop being given chances she abused him even after the show was done. what’s her exuse then? she needs to grow up. i hope she loses leah. no child should have to grow up in that sort of environment. she’s already witnessed enough. keep her away till amber gets help!

First let me say i was a teen mom and my life changed completely but saying that it ruined her life is just sad! bring that baby to me ill love her and be a stable mom jst as 100′s of other women would do! “if it wouldnt have been on tv nobody would have known” what the?!?! that makes me even more happy it aired!! Gary is so damn nice to her its not fair, he needs a good momma for his baby girl not sum crazy lady!

9. anonymous

wht a joke this women is so self fish and lazy her house is always a mess she is always yelling at some one for not doing what she wants and when . poor leah to grow up with a mum tht makes coments like if the camreas where not there i wouldnt have gone to jail like its ok to hit ppl behind the sences . why did they not take her off the show she is not a mom she is only in it for the money