Michelle Williams Is Launching A Yoga Center For Single Moms

Michelle Williams Is Launching A Yoga Center For Single Moms

What a great idea!

Michelle Williams is opening a yoga center that caters specifically to single mothers. The Blue Valentine star has been raising daughter Matilda, 5, on her own since the death of boyfriend Heath Ledger in 2008 and she credits yoga with helping her cope with the tragedy.

“Yoga gave me relief like nothing else; it made be a better person and a better mother,” the actress said. “I could come back to my daughter anew. And then I started to think about how expensive it is to get a babysitter to take a yoga class, which makes it out of reach for so many women.”

The Yoga for Single Moms Project is now launching a pilot program in Boston, Massachusetts.

“The idea behind the program is that if you can clear the time, we do the rest,” Michelle said. “It provides childcare while the mom is in the yoga class, and it’s all free.”

Filed under: Celebrity Kids,Celebrity Moms,Michelle Williams

Photo credit: Flynet

1. carolyn Robertson

That’s wonderful!

2. lig

please open one in dc!!

3. Cathy

I looove her hair! She is so chic!

4. Jack109

I would love something like this. But they better soundproof the rooms, you open a door and laughing, screaming, crying child noises come in and ruin the zen!

5. Daisy Kenyon

Just don’t have the childcare too close the room where they are doing yoga.

OMG I would give anything for a class like that. As a single mom of 2 getting a regular babysitter ($20) PLUS the cost of yoga (at least $100 for 8 sessions here) never mind the fees to join a studio and transportation??? SO not reachable for most of us!

7. DCM

How much will it cost taxpayers?

8. Abby

For starters, I want to know how much this is going to cost the tax payers. I know this woman isn’t planning on paying for this project herself. How much is it going to cost me to send some nameless woman to a swanky yoga center to find some relief? Second, I want to know what makes single mothers so special in this regard? There are thousands of single fathers out there raising their children because their mothers died or abandoned their family. Why don’t they get a place to relax and rejuvenate? Is their relief and well being less important than that of a single mothers? It’s thoroughly unfair, unenlightened and not to mention a violation of every civil rights law to discriminate against someone based upon their sex in a public place.
    If Ms. Williams really wants to do something good she should open up a yoga center for ALL single parents (and couples for that matter) who wish to rejuvenate themselves and therefore become better parents.