Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban Welcome Daughter Faith!

Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban Welcome Daughter Faith!

Surprising – and very happy – news from Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban today: They’re the proud parents of another baby girl!

Faith Margaret Kidman Urban was born via a surrogate on December 28 at Nashville’s Centennial Women’s Hospital.

The Oscar-winner and her musician husband shared the well-kept secret in the following statement:

Our family is truly blessed, and just so thankful, to have been given the gift of baby Faith Margaret. No words can adequately convey the incredible gratitude that we feel for everyone who was so supportive throughout this process, in particular our gestational carrier.”

Faith joins the couple’s daughter Sunday Rose, 2, as well as Isabella, 18, and Connor, 15, Nicole’s kids from her previous marriage.

Congratulations to the family on the wonderful news!

Filed under: Nicole Kidman

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Alice

Well, congrats, but she could have announced it another day, why choosing rigth her son’s birthday?? oh, yes, I forgot Bella and Connor are her b list children after all..

• Connie

Seriously Alice, grow up! You don’t know Connor or Bella or Nicole, so how do you know anything about the way she treats her older kids? And did you ever consider that maybe Connor likes that his newest sister got introduced to the world on his birthday? He may have even asked for it to be that way.

• luca

I hate to disappoint you Alice but just because you don’t see her selling her kids to the press, or inviting paparazzi along to a soccer game, doesn’t mean that she’s not seeing her kids or being a bad mom.

Congrats to them .

3. nicoleC

this is a BIG surprise !~
    i’m jealous Sunday having sibling

4. Georgia

Congratulations. Such a nice surprise. Sending lots of love from your hometown Sydney, Australia who are dying to meet Faith Margaret.

so weird no one has spotted them around nashville (where i live) with a baby! congrats i love nicole, she is my favorite actress!

Super good news. They look so happy! Congrats to the family!

7. mackenzie

congrats to Nicole and family

8. Peta

I’m amazed that they were able to keep the news out of the tabloids. There wasn’t even a whiff of a rumour. Wow. Anyway, congratulations to them both!

9. klutzy_girl

Holy crap. Definitely came out nowhere! Congratulations to them. I love her name!

wow a real shocker haha and rumors were going that she was pregnant congrats to them!!

That’s nice news…

12. Julianne

IMPOSSIBLE ! I cant believe it …
    When does it happened ?

13. edeilo

Wow! That is a big surprise to here. Congrats to Nicole, Keith, and big sister Sunday!

Holy crap is right. I’m in shock!

15. elle

well i wasn’t expecting that

16. Jonna

This surrogate thing is just weird. I personally wouldn’t wanna have a kid that way, but each to their own I guess.

• Madylane

Jonna,
      Some people have no other option if they want a biological child. While I am sure they have plenty of $$, for the average couple, this is an expensive avenue to take and usually not entered into lightly. Given Nicole’s age, it might be the only option for them. While many women are able to get pregnant at later and later ages, this might not be true in her case.
      Typically it is not a choice simply because a woman doesn’t want to carry her child. Usually she is unable to for on reason or another. Although I am sure there are those who are the exception and for whatever their reason, they just don’t wanna be preggers but want the baby.

17. Grandma of Four

FABULOUS! FANTASTIC! HAPPY NEWS! MANY CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES TO THE PARENTS AND THE “BIG SIS!

18. Jules

Woah! That was so out of the blue!
    Congrats to them! Yay!

19. snaperulz!

OMG congrats to Nicole, Keith, Isabella, Connor & Sunday. What a wonderful surprise!!!!

20. Gary

Dear Nic and Keith hurry home soon to Australian with little Faith and Sunday. The bubbles are chilling and we have shrimp on the barbie waiting. Woo Hoo

21. hopeso

OH MY GOD that is so nice congrats to Nicole and Keith, and God bless them and Sunday and Faith….WOW.

22. Marilyn

This is great news. I wonder if this will be their last. Nicole has four kids now, although two of them don’t live with her, so she’s raising two little ones. Her sister has five young kids (I think one was just born late last year).

23. Cabos

They were smart enough to keep it under wraps. After what happened to Sarah Jessica Parker’s surrogate, i assume they wanted to keep the whole thing private for the sake of everyone. Congrats to the family!

24. Shirelle

Im totally surprised congrats to them.

Super good news. They look so happy! Congrats to the family!

How nice for them! Such good news! I love the name they chose.

27. Sam

Wow! how did they manage to keep that secret?

28. Evana

Wow! I was just thinking that I saw a baby bump on one of the pictures I saw of her today, but this totally came out of no where! Im so happy for them! :)

29. Ariana

She said on a talk show after Sunday was born that her doctors told her she had a one to two percent chance of conceiving naturally again and that it was a miracle in fact that she had Sunday Rose. So please save your comments when you know nothing about the situation. The baby is both theirs biologically and it’s great they were able to do it this way.

30. Paula

Congrats to the Kidman-Urban family! How wonderful that they managed to protect the surrogate so well after the problems that the surrogate mother for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick had.

And I have to say that I agree with Connie about the uncalled for “b list children” comment. I don’t know where people get off saying such horrible things like that. Both Nicole AND Tom Cruise, and even Katie Holmes have said that Isabella and Conor don’t like their parents talking about them to the press, nor do they like being seen with them around paparazzi. The fact that Nicole respects their wishes and sees them in private means that she’s being a great mom and respecting their wishes. The fact that that makes people like Alice be so judgmental about someone they’ve never met is just ridiculous. I mean, how would you like it if you read something like that about your mother when you know she’s getting horrible comments like that just because she’s doing what you asked of her?

31. Carla

Such a pretty name! A bit of a shock after the more unusual Sunday though. I wonder if Sunday will feel a little different around the more “everyday” names of her siblings, Isabella, Connor and Faith?

32. Alice

if nicole was that sweet and caring mother her children would be living with her no matter what and i say this by personal experience. You’ve never seen her with connor and bella in the past 5 years or so, and that’s a fact

• Izzy

Alice, you sound like you’re holding a grudge against your own mother and taking it out on people you don’t even know. My parents divorced and myself and my brothers and sister lived with our dad because dad lived closer to our school and closer to our friends. Our mom’s an awesome mom, very sweet and caring as you like to put it, and we hated being away from her as much as she hated being away from us, but that’s what divorce does. We had the same visitations with our mom as any other “divorced kid” gets with their other parent. Really think about what you’ve said because that would be the same as saying that if a kid stays with his or her mom after a divorce, then the father must be a dead-beat dad. It’s just not true. Just because your personal experience is that if you don’t live with your mom then she must hate you, that doesn’t mean that the same applies to the rest of the world.

• ainsley

Not a fact at all Alice. I think it was last year that Nicole was seen with Bella after she went with Bella to get her hair done. Tabloids made a big deal out of it because Bella dyed her fringe blue. And what part of the kids not wanting to be in magazines etc are you not understanding? You rarely see pictures of Bella or Connor with Tom either because they don’t want to be in paparrazzi pictures. Gosh, deal with your own “personal issues” instead of making up “facts” about people you’ve never met.

33. Connie

Actually Alice that’s not a fact. Isabella was a bridesmaid at Nicole’s wedding to Keith and Connor was an usher so they have been seen with her, BUT as others have mentioned, her kids have asked to not be seen in paparazzi photos. Also Tom Cruise has said many times that Bella and Connor have always had constant visitation’s with Nicole, no different to any other divorced parents arrangements, and see her all the time. Nicole has also said that. Your own personal experience has nothing to do with it.

34. Reagan

Alison, your own personal experience with your mother has nothing to do with Bella and Connor’s experience, nor anybody elses. The vast majority of people I know come from divorced homes and I’d say it’s a pretty even 50/50 split between kids who then lived with their moms and kids who then lived with their dads. It wasn’t that one parent was a bad parent. It’s just the way it is. You have to go to one parent and the are multiple variables as to which parent ends up being chosen.
    Also you’re wrong about nobody seeing Nicole with Bella or Connor. There was a picture last year of Nicole and Bella in Australia together, and I remember seeing another one maybe a year before that of Nicole, Connor and Isabella in Australia with Nicole’s sister and her kids, and as Connie mentioned, both the kids were part of Nicole’s wedding to Keith, so if she wants nothing to do with them and they don’t want to be around her, as you seem to think, why would they agree to be part of the wedding party? If I felt like my mom treated me badly then there’s no way I’d fly half way around the world to make her happy. They obviously have a great relationship or they wouldn’t have agreed to be a part of her wedding.
    Also, why would Tom have said in multiple interviews that Nicole is a great mother to the kids and that she sees them all the time if if wasn’t true? They’re divorced so he has no reason to make it up. If she didn’t want to see her kids there’d be no reason why he would have said any of that. Seriously, would you vouch for someone who treated your kids badly? Of course not! So he would be telling the truth when he says that she sees the kids and that she’s a great mom to them.
    Again, just because you’ve had a bad experience doesn’t mean that they have too and you have no right to be saying otherwise, especially when you don’t have your facts correct in the first place.

35. La

Congrats the them, they are a loving family!!!

36. Lila

Wow, what a surprise! And such a beautiful name too! Congrats to Keith, Nicole and family!

And @Alice, I’m not trying to be rude but you sound really immature by saying that because of your own personal experiences, Nicole must be bad mom to Isabella and Connor. Unless Nicole’s your mom, you don’t know that. And she HAS been seen with the kids, it’s just rare, the same as seeing them with Tom, because the kids don’t like to be photographed. Also, another reason why you don’t see them with Nicole (or Tom) that much, besides the fact that they don’t want to go places where they will be photographed, is that teenagers don’t often hang out with their parents. If I looked at all the photos I have of my teen years, I’d be lucky if I could find more than 5 that include my mom or my dad in them, and I lived with both of them! But just because there aren’t many photos of me with them doesn’t mean that I had bad parents or that they never saw me. They’re great parents but I was like any other teenager and didn’t want to be hanging out with them. Only with my friends. What makes you think Bella and Connor are any different?