Jennifer Lopez Tells Why Her Twins Modeled For Gucci

Jennifer Lopez Tells Why Her Twins Modeled For Gucci

Jennifer Lopez makes an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show today and explains why she and husband Marc Anthony decided to have their almost 3-year-old twins Max and Emme model for Gucci’s new children’s clothing collection.

She says, “Frida Giannini from Gucci said she was going to launch the Gucci’s kids line, and they were going to do it in conjunction with a big donation, and they were going to do it with [the United Nations' children's charity] UNICEF, and would we do it?”

After discussing the matter, she and Marc agreed.

Marc didn’t really want to put the babies in an ad or anything like that. And I was just like, if they do it, I’d want to do it with my kids because it is for the kids. That’s the connection. That’s what makes it real. We don’t really parade them around like that, so it was for a good cause.”

As for more children, she welcomes the idea.

“Now that it’s like three years in, I’m like, ‘Can I do that again?’” she says. “It’s funny. But yes, if I got pregnant, I would be extremely happy.”

Filed under: Jennifer Lopez

Photo credit: fame

1. suzan

JLo only things about money and fame, she even used her kids. She is sooooooo ambitious and I dont like her anymore.

Yeah, right, it’s for the poor children that Jennifer Lopez poses with her own brood for an extremely luxirious brand…

3. mackenzie

Jennifer Lopez Tells Why Her Twins Modeled For Gucci. Plain and simple Jennifer did it for the money.

Let’s ignore the bigot above. but I would like to say JLO sounds like she is quite the hypocrite considering she just recently said “we don’t parade our kids around town”.. What is posing for People covers and Gucci ads if not parading your kids?

5. LaKesha

Did no one else see that the ad would benefit UNICEF? There must be something special about J Lo that so many “moms” are jealous of her.

• Victoria

I am not a mother, but personally I don’t think it helped UNICEF out at all (I could be wrong). Not throwing any shade to JLo, the reason I have in mind has nothing to do with her. There are just some brands that are so synonymous with our societies and cultures that we’re going to buy them anyway, no matter who’s endorsing it. Like I’m pretty sure you’ve been eating Snickers, skittles, M&Ms, drinking Pepsi, Coke, & Sprite before the big companies decided to have alot of big names endorsing them, and you would continue to buy them whether even if a big name never endorsed them again (as long as they still tasted the same obviously). Same goes for clothes. We may not all be able to afford Gucci (now anyway because back in the day especially the 80′s and 90′s Gucci wasn’t that exclusive in the US) or Versace but they’ve been around forever, so for the people who can afford them they buy their products because they know they are top quality, cute, expensive whatever reason they’re buying the clothes for, they’re going to buy them. Basically it’s just Brand Loyalty.

6. Ondine

From what she said, it sounds like the offer first came to her children, then she jumped in on their photo shoot, “. . . if they do it, I’d want to do it w/ my kids. . . ” And the part about them not parading their kids around, that just makes me laugh. We’re to believe that she and the kids did the photo shoot for no pay, all donated to the very worthy UNICEF? Again, that’s laughable.

The Gucci ad is so annoying! JL is so pretentious!

I really don’t care if she posed with her kids for Gucci and made some cash. She should just stop passing it off as some charitable act. That diva does nothing for free.