Kelly Preston: Silent Birth Affects A Child’s Personality

Kelly Preston: Silent Birth Affects A Child's Personality

One month after she and her husband John Travolta welcomed their son Benjamin into the world, Kelly Preston is hoping to clear up some of the misconceptions about the Scientology practice of “silent births.”

“Silent birth is basically just no words as much as possible,” Kelly tells Today show correspondent Natalie Morales. “If you need to moan, if you need to cry out… of course that’s normal. But, it’s just bringing them in, in as peaceful and gentle a way as possible.”

The Jerry Maguire star goes on to say that their silent births have affected her kids’ personalities: “My kids have always been amazing. Just very calm, very peaceful, happy and I absolutely know it’s very much because of that.”

Revealing that they tried to conceive for 3 years, Kelly, 48, wasn’t worried about having another baby so late in life, explaining, “I didn’t (consider this risks). I just considered that it was difficult.”

Benjamin’s birth comes just two years after the the couple’s 16-year-old son Jett‘s tragic death.

“It’s been wonderfully healing. Of course, you know, we still — it’s still every day,” Kelly shares. “But it’s been, I think, a really nice gift for a lot of people throughout the world. We’ve gotten the most beautiful letters. And the most beautiful notes of happiness. And I think — just sort of a sigh of relief, a bit. And that’s been really nice to sort of share that with people.”

Filed under: Kelly Preston

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Did you make them in ‘as peaceful and gentle as way as possible’. Tee hee, lol whatever!

Hello. And Bye.

I’m sure there are kids that are just as calm and happy as hers that didn’t have a silent birth. I think she’s losing it sometimes in regard to Scientology & its beliefs that some guy just came up with out of thin air, but I’m glad that Benjamin helped them heal.

4. Scientology Student Terryeo

Being stupid can also affect a child’s personality, and following the precepts of a quack and charlatan like L Ron Hubbard is might stupid.

• OnUrCase

Hey! Didnt I see you on E!, CNN, and all the other articles relating to this topic?! Do you wake up in your mothers house every morning, look in the mirror, and say to yourself “I dont have a job, so I might as well troll the internet today!!”. LOL…man your life sucks.

5. Evana

Go crawl back under your rock. kthnx.

She is so sweet!

There’s something weird about Scientology. When a religion or cult tries to keep their beliefs secret, they must have something to hide.

8. Victoria

I’m not going to comment on her religion. I know I looked up what Silent Birth really was and it actually seemed pretty sensible. It wasn’t anything crazy like alot of commentors on here said or thought it was. I still don’t know alot about Scientology, I’m going to learn some more about it, but I’ve also realized for a couple years now that alot of people who talk ish about Scientology don’t know much about it either.

9. Cindy

I don’t believe in Hubbard’s claims at all, but I think having a calm and gentle birth sounds wonderful. I don’t believe that it makes a calm, happy child since I know lots of calm, happy children who didn’t have “silent births.” I think it would help relax the mother, though, and that’s a good thing.

10. HMMM

doesn’t it also say they can’t speak to their child for 7 days or is that just a bogus rumor someone started??

If you can have a silent birth well kudos to you!! But If I need to scream you better believe I’m gonna scream and my kid will get over it bc Ill have years of hearing him scream!

lol one word NUTS!

Silent birth??!! You have to be kidding. Obviously, a ‘rule’ thought up by a bloke!

I’m sorry, but there’s no cause – affect relationship there. I’m not buying it.

Anecdotally, I went to a Scientology “service” for a school project a couple of years ago. It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.

14. Mark

what silent birthday?

Victoria If you want to know more about Scientology you should check out this website www. rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html
    Germany has refused to recognize Scientology as legit religion and France outright ban it.

For some reason the article fails to mention that she had a c-section. Unless it was done with no anaesthetic, it’s no heroic feat to have a silent birth. Am I missing something here? Geez.