Cristiano Ronaldo: “Of Course I Change The Nappies”

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Of Course I Change The Nappies"

Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo says he takes part in changing diapers on his 6-month-old son Cristiano Jr.

He tells Spanish sports daily Marca, “Of course I change the nappies. It’s not the thing I like best in the world, but I do it.”

Ronaldo also said that he would love his son to play soccer someday.

“I would love him to like football for him to be my successor, but we’ll see what happens,” says the 25-year-old. “My son will be whatever he wants.”

The Real Madrid player, who raises his child with the help of his mother and two sisters, also joked that Cristiano Jr. may already have a love of the sport.

“My son goes to sleep early, but my mother told me the other day, while we were playing, he was crying without stopping and didn’t want to sleep until I scored a goal,” he tells the mag. “I scored and five minutes later he was asleep.”

Ronaldo has exclusive guardianship over his son and has never identified the biological mother. His current girlfriend is Russian model Irina Shayk.

Filed under: Cristiano Ronaldo

Photo credit: Fame

1. mackenzie

He should change the nappies since he the father. But I guess he pass on his responsibility to his mother and sisters.

Poor sad man. Like the child will be thankful! Lost without his mother, my heart goes out to the poor wee soul x

• LaKesha

I’m sure you want have to worry about this child–he’ll be well taken care of. Worry about children living in abusive homes, children who go to bed without dinner, etc.

His mother was willing to give him up for a price (and for all we know – she genuinely didn’t want him), how would he have been better off with her in his life?

I think people give Ronaldo a lot of slack for his parenting choices, but from the get go he has said that the child would be raised by his family (mostly his mother), as his schedule is too demanding. Which it IS. He is gone for several days a week, and has intensive training to attend. And I think it is respectable that he wishes to have a relationship with his son, regardless of his chaotic life. All you have to do is watch his life-story documentary to know he isn’t the egotistical/horrible person he is made out to be in the public eye. Plus.. Kaka loves him. I think that says it all.

And I loved his goal celebration against Atletico Madrid, which was for his son.

3. Verónica Ramos

The thing is, CR7, that no one cares because you’re lying! The kid lives in Portugal with his mother and his sister. They come here (to Spain) the same day Cristiano plays football. Then, they go back home.

STOP LYING!

4. Be

I was happy for him stepping up after conceiving a child in less than ideal circumstance but it seems he acts more like an uncle than a father. Keep in mind I said, “seems” just from the comments he makes and decisions involving time with his son. Hope I’m wrong though, or the baby is going to be one pissed off, angry kid when he hits his teens.

I think this is a similar relationship to what most professional football players (or athletes for that matter) would have with their child. They are hardly there, unless on break. Their relationship is always going to be less then the dominate parent. But at least his child is being raised by his mother and not by a nanny.

• Victoria

Anonymous not trying to get on your case or anything but I think there are lots of Foreign (I’m American so as you most likely know everywhere else Football is soccer, in pretty much every country except USA) Footballers and Athletes in general find time to care for and raise their children. It’s all about time management and having your priorities in order.

You should stop talking about you don’t know, this kid are very happy and actually, he’s growing so fast and very healthy. No matter with he lives, everybody knows, the kid lives with Cristiano, he goes to Portugal in holidays. Ronaldo really loves her son, so, stop talking shi# about her life.

6. Anonymous1

Victoria ur wright with the grammar thing
    Kaka loves him so thats what maters the most

7. Anonymous1

i mean right hahaha

Losers

Before trying to correct others on this site or anywhere else, practice your grammar, and he’s a he not a her.

10. abdalla lucky