Angelina Jolie’s Kids Keep Her Grounded

Angelina Jolie's Kids Keep Her Grounded

Angelina Jolie says her children keep her grounded.

Speaking of Maddox, 9, Pax, 7, Zahara, 5, Shiloh, 4, and 2-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, The Tourist star says she and partner Brad Pitt make it a point to keep the family together when working.

She said, “You just have to focus on the positive side. I got to spend two months in Venice filming which no one gets to do, with a co-star who’s so lovely, so it’s all hard to say no to.

“We make a point to stay together as a family when we’re filming, in this town you’ve got to. We take turns working so everybody packed up and went to Venice. I think some people are affected by fame, I’m lucky that I have a lot of kids who keep me very, very grounded.”

She adds a few words of parenting wisdom: “Just enjoy every minute of it because it goes so fast and it is the best time in your life. And strap them to you and hang out with them and sleep in the same bed with them and just love every second of it.”

Filed under: Angelina Jolie

Photo credit: Fame

1. SiervaMaria

I couldn’t agree more with AJ. I was just today looking at photos and getting teary that my babies are still my babies but are all growing up so fast. I loved to climb in my parents bed and snuggle and now our kids love “camping” out with us. The PJ kids are loved and it shows.

2. skyler

well said angelina

3. hopeso

I couldn’t agree with her more for years i couldn’t get my son and daughter out of my bed, one at my front one at my back but as soon as they were fast asleep i would go to sleep in one of their bed and i would wake up sometime during the night and all three of us would be snuggled in a tiny bed with their limbs at my neck.. i told their doctor that they would not sleep by themselves but in my bed and you know what she said, enjoy it while you can. Finally my mother bought me a king size bed and i stop running to another room, when they came into the bed and fall asleep all over me, i just gentle untangle myself and fall asleep at the fool of the bed.

4. Ariana

If I could have just one day back with my two sons when they were babies (they’re in their 20′s and 30′s now) it would be the greatest cherished gift I could ever imagine. It will never happen but I can still daydream.

I agree Angelina…there is nothing more precious or important than family and enjoying the journey with your children as they grow. I have a grown son who I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute with him. I made a point of talking, laughing, wiping crying eyes, fixing the boo-boos, school outings, sports, music, girlfriend troubles, everything. I was apart of it all and I would not change a thing. I am blessed to say I now can do it all again with my (2)grandkids! I am having a ball! Children what a joy!

One reason why I love Angelina Jolie is that she is down-to-earth Hollywood star. For her family comes first and work second. That´s how it should be. It´s easy to see that all six JP children are loved and one can see it. Some people judge Brad and Angelina for constant travelling but I disagree with those people. As long as those adorable children have their parents with them it´s the most important thing. And like the old saying goes “home is where the heart is”. I´m sure that some time in the near future the Jolie-Pitt family will settle down permanently either to the US or to France where they have their other home base.

7. angel

SHE’S A GREAT MOTHER!!!!HER CHILDREN SURELY LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!
    ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST ROLE MODEL!!!

8. noor

Angelina is a best mum….i do agree with her that the moments we have with our kids is so precious….nothing can compare with it…..i also have 6 kids…..GOD bless me with so many good things….sarang hae to Angie and her kids.