Kate Hudson: “I Don’t Feel It Necessary To Get Married”

Kate Hudson: "I Don't Feel It Necessary To Get Married"

Kate Hudson has squashed rumors that she is engaged to beau Matt Bellamy. The Daily Mail reports that the actress, who is about four months pregnant with their child, was on the Graham Norton Show yesterday when she talked about her relationship with the Muse front man.

“No, no, not that I know of! I don’t like putting that sort of pressure on it and I don’t feel it necessary to get married. I am 31, I already have one child, and have had one divorce, so it is not necessarily the golden ticket. I just want to be happy.”

Switching gears to talk about her pregnancy she joked on the British talk show, “I’m just starting to pop!”

As for names, she and her boyfriend have ideas.

We have a couple of names but we’re not telling anyone. People tell you so much (about being pregnant) it drives me nuts. It feels like a girl, but I don’t know. Ryder (my son) thinks it’s a girl.”

Filed under: Expecting,Kate Hudson

Photo credit: Flynet

Of course she doesn’t feel the need to get married; her mother never married Kurt Russell either after 27 years.

“….I just want to be happy.”
    Ugh! I don’t think all of the single mothers in Hollywood realize the impact their decision may have on their child’s happiness long- term. What they are doing sensationalizes single motherhood, too. To be a celebriy and make that kind of money, you have a responsibilty to your fans and the impressionable youth in America. Being a single mom is not an easy task, and these women make it look like a breeze, with their staff of help and endless funds.

• Dee

If parents can’t teach their children that celebrities aren’t going to be paying for the life choices (good or bad) of said impressionable youth, I don’t understand how that is a celebs fault no matter how much money they make or fame they’ve aquired. The parents just raised a dumb kid.

I’m pretty sure that prents can talk until they’re blue in the face, but it won’t stop their children from thinking something is cool because it’s all over the cover of magazines…..I’m also guessing you must not have any children by your overly idealistic comment. But good luck with that, anyway-

We’re all responsible for our own decisions, no matter how easy it is to blame everyone and everything else. I highly doubt any teenage girl is looking at Kate Hudson and thinking “wow she makes it look so easy to be a single mother, so I want to be a single mother, too!” (And if there are teenagers stupid enough to think that way…it’s their own fault/decision).

How it affects Kate’s son is another matter that people can only speculate on, no matter how much they state they “know” what it’s doing to him. Where is all the hate for Kate’s ex who is remarried with another child? If Kate were married right now, would everyone leave her alone? (yeah probably not)

• abby

being an unmarried mother does not equal being a single mother.

• Jennie

Thank you! I was waiting for someone to point that out . . .

She’s in a relationship with the baby’s father so I’m pretty sure that means that they will be raising the baby together so therefore she’s not a ‘single mother’. Personally, I feel that getting married JUST because you get pregnant is a horrible reason to wed as it tends to lead to resentment later on. I’m sure when and if she gets married, she will do it because it feels right not only because she got pregnant.

As a divorced mom I get offended by the term single mother. The term single mom was actually used to define “unwed” women who became pregnant.
          My husband is not involved in our childrens lives by choice.
          To be fair I hate the term single mom, and when anyone refers me as such I am quick to clarify, that I did not choose to have a family outside of marriage. You cannot help the failure of a relationship.

I do not judge those that have chosen to have children without being married but that is a choice they made willingly. It may sound old fashioned but I feel traditions are dying too quickly and that may be the cause that teens do look up to Kate Hudson’s choice as acceptable and responsible behavior.

Btw I am only 32, so please don’t think I am out of touch.

3. klutzy_girl

She’s just following Goldie and Kurt’s example and there’s nothing wrong with it. You don’t have to get married to raise a family.

• Brooke

She’s actually not following Goldie and Kurt’s example. They’ve been in a monogamous relationship for decades. Kate’s been trolloping around from man to man, letting her child meet and spend time with all her different boyfriends. Shame on her.

• klutzy_girl

I meant in the fact that she doesn’t want to get married again and sees no need for it.

And jeez, this again? So what if she dates a lot? There’s nothing wrong with that. She was married to her ex-husband for awhile and she’s been with Matt for nine months. I think this relationship may last.

• Brooke

I’m just not a fan of introducing your young son to every guy you date. It’s a little confusing for a child.

Agreed. I am a young mother of a three year old son, my ex husband is not involved in our lives. I would never introduce my son to any man unless I planned on remarrying.

I choose not to date and may not do so until he is much much older. It’s not fair to confuse the kids just because you and their father could not remain together, regardless of who’s fault it was.

• Donna R.

Suppose then that the proper gift for a 9 month anniversary gift, should be a pregnancy test?

What an achievement.

4. Ariana

She is entitled to her own opinions and ideals. Surely people can make their own decisions and not be influenced by her situation. She’s been there, done that, and it’s not for her. Not everyone has to follow the conventional path to be happy.

Of course this pregnancy is a complete accident. She has no morals. She and this boyfriend will not even stay together. I feel VERY sorry for Ryder and for this unborn child. Kate Hudson is a tramp!

The last thing I ever wanted to do was defend this woman, but after all the moralistic, judgmental comments here, I feel like I have to. I think she’s a terrible actress. If she never made another movie, the world wouldn’t even notice. But what she does in her personal life is no one else’s business, and certainly not the bitter shrews who populate the comments here. If she’d ever made comments criticizing the personal choices of other people, or held herself out to be some sort of paragon of virtue, then she’d be opening herself up to criticism, but she hasn’t.

But I’m sure all the people slammer her here lead perfect lives, right?

7. Anon

I don’t feel you have to be married to be happy and raise kids.

I mean some people just want kids and will go out and have them bc they don’t want to miss out on motherhood. Is it better to go about it completely alone or atleast try and bring someone else into the picture? Just bc your not married doesn’t mean you can’t raise well adjusted happy children. I am not a huge Kate fan but it’s her life and she seems like she really is happy to be having another child so if that’s what she wants who am I to judge her for going out and getting what she wants.

8. Lioness

What is wrong with some of you? You all scream “immorality!” at Kate Hudson, yet are judging her with every immoral fiber in your own bodies. Because as I recall, only God- should you so believe in one- is a judge. So hypocrites, one and all, keep it yourself. Please. Worry about you, and let Kate worry about her.

Furthermore, if that doesn’t shut you up, how about this: marriage doesn’t automatically equate to happiness and stability- for parents or children- and unwed parent doesn’t always equate to single parent. Seriously, the lack of common sense in some of your comments is astounding. Don’t waste time feeling sorry Ryder without taking a look in the mirror first.

• Rose

But the fact that one hops from one relationship to another, does not set a sense of stability for her son. You used to see pictures of Kate and her son with lance armstrong, then Alex Rodriguez, then mr x, and now Bellamy.

She truly should not confuse her child like that. What do you think his view of the role of men in the world is, if she treats them like last years fashions.

As a divorced mom I agree with the poster who said she is not a single mom, because that is someone who chose to have a child alone, we truly should be more careful of what we expose our kids to.

She is a pig who sleeps around.

I personally think she needs to go on birth control. While yes she now is going to have two I believe she still needs it. I don’t like her at all and never have. I will admit that i’m more then pissed at Matt. I don’t understand the fascination with a skank. How could you sleep with a women you know has slept with half of HollyWood? No Kitty is not Kitty there are differences like those who don’t hop from bed to bed. Not to mention getting her knocked up? Good God, they should realize it’s not going to last. Super fast to think about children together. If they do last more then 2 years I’ll apologize. Muse sucks now too. It’s like Fall Out Boy all over again what with Pete and Ashley. Children No matter what you tell them will do what they want when they start getting older. My friend is a few years younger then me and she wanted a kid in 9th grade because she saw everyone popping them out like factories. I managed to convice her to wait until she was in 11th grade and now she is and realizes that she doesn’t want one until she’s ready. What are children supposed to do when they see this going on? It’s everywhere and you cannot shelter them forever you just hope they don’t choose the wrong rolemodels like Kate.