Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Expecting A Boy & A Girl!

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Expecting A Boy & A Girl!

It’s a boy and a girl for Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon! “It’s all about pink and blue these days,” a friend of the couple tells Life & Style. “It’s truly going to be a dream come true for them. They get a son and daughter.”

Mariah is over the moon with excitement. “Even before we announced it was twins, I was trying to keep everything genderneutral because I didn’t want to impose an identity on them too soon,” Mariah tells Life & Style. “There were fan contests on Twitter about what gender they are and rumors about them being two boys or two girls — but nobody guessed this!”

Late last year, Nick revealed that the couple were having twins. “In order for my wife and I to have our life, we need to be up front and I need to be able to share things with you and be real,” he said. “I didn’t even tell my wife I was gonna do this. I’m probably gonna get yelled at for not getting permission. We’re having twins!”

They happy couple are set to welcome their bundles of joy in April. “It’s been a long journey—but a happy one,” says the mom-to-be.

Filed under: Mariah Carey,Nick Cannon

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Yeah right, all natural!

2. Courtney

um not all women over 40 have to use assistance to conceive a child get out of the stone age. twins are more common in moms over 35 anyway because their more likely to release more than one egg each cycle and that’s the case here as it’s fraternal boy/girl twins. congratulations to them their babies are sure to be beautiful can’t wait to see the names they picked in a few months

3. Courtney

yeah exactly though not all women get the gene for multi ovulation either. sometimes twins are just a happy accident

definately another assisted Hollywood twin pregnancy, makes those of us that concieved our twins naturally even more special! Now she can have playdates with the other manufactured twins Knox&Viv and Max&Emme and so on

5. annabelle

this couple is annoying.didn’t nick and mariah said they’re keeping the twins gender a secret.why are they spilling the beans now.guess they are trying to keep their name in the spotlight.

• TiggerTiff

Oh my gosh I couldn’t agree more. They getting on my nerve with deny rumor and then confirming them two months later. I feel like she’s been pregnant for a year. The next they make a public statement it should include a picture of the babies, their names and then they should disappear….arrggh. Why can’t more celebrity parents be like Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman?

6. Love

Loving everything about the joy Mariah and Nick share about their experience of becoming parents.
    @ any and all negative comments………your life must be sad, and your negativity cannot spoil this blog about Mariah and Nick

Wow the bitterness is so annoying in here. They are getting a girl and a boy at once, they hit the jackpot (since there’s little chance they’ll have more) so that makes some jealous. Whatever. Go Mariah! shut those haters who were saying that you and Nick wouldn’t last. Stable marriage, babies to come and much more in your future i hope. You guys rock!

8. Courtney

right on love get it through your heads that not all women over 40 use medical assistance to have children and just because Mariah is over 40 doesn’t neccessarily mean these will be their only children stranger things have happened. her and nick aren’t using this as a spotlight grab they knew their fans were interested and some couldn’t wait until their arrival to find out hte gender of the twins

My point is not that I’m not happy for them (of course i am!), but that they play the lucky ones in front of tons of women who cannot afford the treatments to ‘get’ twins. I feel for the women and men who feel bad beacause of all those Hollywood couples who can indeed have everything they want.

10. nicoleC

Wow, Hollywood has many Twins !!
    I think it’s very unusual ! but it’s a happy thing…..maybe

UH HUH …. she has f#$%#$% around with EVERYONE in hollywood …. like Jlo , like angie … they alll had twins boy and girl … give me a break !!!!!!! u can just sleep with everyone and not get something or have probs having babies … u can’t use ur body up like that and think having babies will come easy … STDS . hpvs … alot alot of things …. she has been around the block not once either …… so whatever U know that saying money can buy YOU anything

MOMMY OF 5 KIDS
    ” HAD THEM ALLLL THE OLD FASHION WAY LOL

12. Lia

that’s so wonderful!

jealous ???????? I had 5 healthy babies boys and girls .. i am blessed with no help .. I didn’t have to PAY for my kids nor their genders THANK Uvery much !!!!!!!!