Gabriel Aubry Files Papers To End Custody Battle With Halle Berry

Gabriel Aubry Files Papers To End Custody Battle With Halle Berry

Could there be a thaw in the air between Halle Berry and her ex Gabriel Aubry? RadarOnline is reporting that the couple have reached a truce in their increasingly bitter battle over daughter Nahla, 2-1/2. Gabriel reportedly filed a motion on Tuesday (February 15) to end his custody case and to dismiss his request for child support from Halle.

“I think both sides realized how out of hand things had gotten recently,” a source close to the situation said. “They both love their daughter and want to make sure her wellfare comes first.”

“Gabriel and Halle have spoken to each other and have committed to try and make things work, without the courts – Gabe’s decision to drop his case is his way of showing Halle he’s prepared to take a leap of faith and trust her once again.”

The fallout between the couple began when Gabriel filed for joint custody in December. This started a war-of-the-words between the two, with both sides attacking each other in the press.

Meanwhile, People is reporting that Halle was in court on Wednesday for a hearing to determine whether she could take Nahla to New York so she could film for her part in New Year’s Eve, a move that Gabriel did not approve of. Due to the custody issues, Halle had apparently taken a smaller part than the one for which she was first cast. No word yet on how Gabriel’s latest move will affect this aspect of the case.

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Celebrity Kids,Celebrity Moms,Gabriel Aubry,Halle Berry,Nahla Aubry

Photo credit: GSI Media

This is really good to hear, but I’m feeling a certain kind of way about this whole situation. I’m sure both Halle and Gab love Nahla beyond words, and wish they could really carry that out! I hate to say but I dont think this will be the end of this matter and it really is unfortunate for all parties involved. All the beauty/money in the world can’t solve this type of problem :(

2. Goddess william

This is for everyone who spoke badly of Halle, Gab played a big role in this drama. How dear him seek money from Halle for child support, stand up on your own and be a man and take care of your responsibility. Just because she’s got a deeper pocket doesn’t mean you can’t deep into your shallow pockets too and take care of your child. Why would anyone want to subject their child to such bad energy, all because two adults are so blinded by their inability to communicate with each other. When Gab got with Halle, he knew about her lifestyle, why deny her the ability to earn a buck which in turns benefit you and the child. She made a mistake having a baby with this trifling man. She was better off going to an actual sperm bank or having a surrogate mama carry the baby for her. I say he is a loser!

thanks .

4. JMO

Gabriel getting child support from Halle would be no different then KFED recieving child support from Britney. Everyone assumes it should be the dad’s who always pay! why? Double standard much?? It should always be worked out 50/50 but when it comes to which parent makes more money that’s how it usually gets settled. Just how cracked the system works. And mom’s shouldn’t always just recieve full custody of their kids. GOOD fathers always end up getting screwed in custody battles for no reason at all.

I am glad though they’ve decided to keep it cival for Nahla’s sake.

5. Goddess william

JMO,
    You need to check out some of the details relating to Gabriel’s court complaint. I don’t believe she should have to pay him any child support, he needs to get a job and hold himself up like a responsible man. He is obviously seeking support for himself and is using Nahla to get Halle to take care of him. The man is a useless scrub! Looking for a sugar mama who can wine and dine him. As long as she’s got lots of money, she don’t care if she is good or ugly. Cause he’s looking for, a sugar mama. Well, the honey has run out!

6. T. LiLi

Goddess William,
    Often when VERY rich and famous celebs who have kids with individuals who may not have as much fame or money do not take into account that their ex’s can not afford to pay $25,000 A MONTH for rent. Yet, these same celebrities expect and often demand a certain standard of living for their children. There are also other demands such as certain (expensive foods, nannies, doctors, clothes, etc. I am pretty certain that Gabriel makes a good day rate modeling
    (somewhere between $6,000-15,000 a day) but it may be a possibility that he didn’t have what it take financially to be able yo take care of his daughter in the manner her mother not only sees fit but also demands. Thus, he asks for child “support”.

I certainly don’t know these two but this is just my experience from having worked with ultra wealthy people.

7. AC

Halle without a doubt is not demanding Gabe financially support Nahla in a specific manner. As any caring parent, whether rich or poor, her child’s welfare is of foremost importance. Halle already gave Gabe the house SHE bought in Canada when he asked for it. His modeling career was lukewarm when they met and never really took off. Did the restaurant he open when they dated also fail? Halle said that she would never marry again, which prevented him from collecting future alimony. His only other option to get unearned money was to use his daughter. Talk about child abuse! Anyway, it’s good that an attempt is being made to be civil.

• T. LiLi

Hi AC, thanks for the clarification!! Like I wrote, I don’t know them at all. I have only worked for others (Oscar nominated, super rich celebs). Super nice people!! But, they are used to getting what they want, no matter how outrageous the demands. I shouldn’t compare Hallie and Gabriel to those I worked for, I know, it’s just that I see and hear things in the L.A. celeb community which can be quite shocking. I’m from L.A. So you’d think I’d be used to it. In the heat of the moments outrageous things are said when say someone can’t afford a $32,000 baby cot “what are you good for?!” (yes, I was downstairs. Oh well, I suppose it’s all relative.