Jenny McCarthy’s Son Evan Suffers Seizure

Jenny McCarthy's Son Evan Suffers Seizure

Actress and author Jenny McCarthy spent Valentine’s Day tending to her sick son. On February 13th the Belly Laughs writer Tweeted the scary news that Evan, 8, had been rushed to hospital after suffering a seizure.

“Ugh. Evan had a seizure,” Jenny wrote. “We r in the ER. He’s doing better. Just laying next To him. Could use prayers again right about now.”

The next day she updated fans and friends: “Up all night. Evan Still battling 103.5 fever. Thanks for well wishes. they were nice to read at 3 am. Kept me company. Xxoo.”

Thankfully, Evan seems to be on the mend – Jenny has since Tweeted a photo of him digging into a big bowl of pasta!

This isn’t the first time that Evan has suffered a seizure. They were an early indicator that led to his eventual autism diagnosis when he was 2 years old. Jenny has since become a very vocal autism advocate, and stirred some controversy with her claims that her son has been “cured” of the disease.

Filed under: Jenny McCarthy

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. Janna

Best wishes to all of them that her son recovers soon.

2. lisa

I hope he feels better soon.

3. JMO

poor Evan. Feel better little guy.

I’m sure mommy will write a book about it later!

You can’t cure Autism!!!!!!
    I am sure she is a VERY LOVING mom to Evan and I wish him all the best, but she is giving parents FALSE hope and it breaks my heart.
    You can help children with Autism and teach them strategies and watch their diet, but their Autism NEVER goes away and she shouldn’t be telling people her sons has gone away.
    It sounds like all of their hard work has helped Even overcome many obstacles but you can’t cure Autism, it is not like cancer treatment doesn’t make it disappear.

Autism + Seizures = very common, hope all goes well.

My child is 9 years old and has both epilepsy and autism. When seizures return it’s disappointing but not the end of the world. Hopefully these seizures are only fever related and not the lifelong ones of epilepsy.

7. Caroline Writer

Jenny, we wish you well. As another autism mom who has nearly recovered her son from autism via the same medical treatments as Jenny, I want to say my heart goes out to you and I hope he is 100% fine soon.

Some children respond to treatments, others don’t. I am blessed that, like Evan, my son has responded. Jenny is our hero and she speaks the truth

Disease?

It is called a Disorder.

My son is 19 and in college. He was diagnosed with autism when he was three. Life was very hard raising him in the early days till he was about 14. Emotional outbursts and only eating certain foods and escaping from the house and running. It does get better if you have an autistic child. Like I said he is 19 now and my best friend. He is brilliant. He adores German military history and can tell you about it to before Roman times.