Kourtney Kardashian Explains Why She Stopped Breastfeeding

Kourtney Kardashian Explains Why She Stopped Breastfeeding

The big news for Kourtney Kardashian this week is not that her 15-month-old son Mason is walking or running, but that she just stopped breastfeeding him.

The reality star tells E! Online that it’s been “traumatizing” but owes the change to her little guy.

She explains, “I mean, everyone would say, it’s time, it’s time, come on. I started to stop a little bit, weaning and all that, and I’m like, Why am I doing this? If I’m happy and he’s happy.

So I said, Let me see when he asks me for it—which is like, he doesn’t talk, just pulling at my shirt a little. So I said, Let me see, and he only asked once a night. So I did it and he just stopped. I’m like, I just want to do what he wants.”

Asked if she is experiencing physical withdrawals she replied yes.

She says, “I do. It’s really sad. I’m like, it’s over. But I don’t know…whatever is meant to be.”

As for having another baby with boyfriend Scott Disick she teased, “We’ll see.”

Filed under: Kourtney Kardashian

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Kudos to her for bf’ing as long as she did instead of weaning him at an earlier age like many do.

Why would anyone care that she stops breastfeeding? Kardashian and their employer E! will do anything for attention.

Ordinarily, I’d concur that’s it’s TMI, but the very nature of Kourtenay’s celebrity (i.e. reality star v.s. singer or film actress) is to let her followers in on every aspect of her life.

3. mackenzie

this family is desperate for attention.

ITA, Mackenzie, but as “reality stars”, they don’t pretend otherwise (I am not a fan, BTW). What gets me are the actor/actress celebs who claim to want privacy and normalcy, yet they put themselves out there for publicity and attention at every opportunity.

5. JMO

I agree. Who really cares when you stop breastfeeding and why. It’s a personal choice. Good for her for doing it so long. And there is nothing wrong with mothers who stop too soon. It’s not for everyone!

6. Goddess

I agree, who gives a donkey’s cheeeks that she has stop breastfeeding her brat! I say keep it to yourself. Poor little beeby. I also believe that the these people did not get enough attention when they were kids, that is why they are so hungry for attention

7. mackenzie

I think its sad that anyone can become famous these days.i.e kate gosslien jersey shore.

8. JMO

I’m okay with anyone becoming famous as long as they have talent. What talent do the kardashians possess? They can’t sing (or they think they can), act, certainly we know one can’t dance! :)

It’s refreshing to see celebrities talk about breastfeeding ecspecially past a year. Kudos to her.

10. Tola

good for her to think about what her son wanted and not what see wanted. 15 months is a good age to stop at, some Moms cant do 15 min of it

If she gives up the artificial pacifiers, he will nurse again, WHO and UNICEF say minimum of two years. Without the pacifiers and with continued bf’ing he won’t need braces or have speech problems probably, and his immune system and emotions will benefit. I feel bad the people surrounding her were not supportive, as she is being such a good mom!