Matt Damon: Meeting Wife Luciana Was Fate

Matt Damon: Meeting Wife Luciana Was Fate

In Matt Damon‘s new film The Adjustment Bureau, fate appears to bring the actor together with his onscreen love played by Emily Blunt. And in a case of art imitating life, Matt says it was his destiny to meet wife Luciana and have a family that includes four daughters – Alexia, 12, Isabella, 4, Gia, 2, and Stella, 3 months.

“When I look back at my life, and look at some of the most incredible things that have happened in my life, like meeting my wife, and I think of all the things that had to happen for us to meet and eight years and four kids later, I can’t imagine life without her,” Matt says. “All that stuff happened by some series of coincidences, so it makes you wonder – is there an ‘Adjustment Bureau there’, kind of, helping me out?”

The couple began dating in 2003 and were married in 2005. Matt met Luciana, a former bartender, in Miami Beach while the actor was filming the comedy Stuck on You. “I had never really hung out in Miami and one night in the middle of the shoot, the crew, a couple guys, said, ‘We’re going to get a beer somewhere.’ I said, ‘I’m not really into it.’ They said, ‘Come on,’ and kind of dragged me along,” Matt says of that fateful night.

“We ended up at a bar where my wife was the bartender. I literally saw her across a crowded room…and eight years and four kids later, that’s my life.

“I don’t know how else our paths would have crossed if that didn’t happen…The moral is that when you’re tired, suck it up and go to the bar because you might meet your wife,” Matt laughed.

Filed under: Luciana Barroso,Matt Damon

Photo credit: Fame

This “quote” seems suspiciously similar to something Matt said on one of the talk shows last week — I was channel surfing and think it was Ellen, but am not positive. Seems a bit sneaky and deceptive to introduce this as though he spoke directly to this web site.

Gag me with a spoon. Meeting a gold digging, single mother in a bar was fate? Gee, he must not have gotten out of the house much.

He keeps regurgitating the same quotes over and over again everywhere – as if it will make her somehow more respectable – or intelligent. If she’s so gosh darn wonderful – why the hard sell? They are both such ABSENTEE parents! His 2 week rule – where he yanks the kids out of school and flies out to where ever he – just screams “I am an emotionally needy egomaniac!”

Wow, some mean comments on here. How does anyone know she’s a gold digger or not respectful or unintelligent? The fact is you don’t know anything about her, because you don’t know her personally, it’s all just your speculation.

To the last anon., you could just as easily interpret his actions as a loving father who misses his kids. If he was away for months at a time without seeing them, plenty of other people would criticize that he doesn’t care about them and values work more. Celebs can never win.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though, jealousy is ugly (most comments on the Suri articles on this site prove that every day).

5. rose

Awwww <3
    I think the things he says are incredibly sweet. People who love their family or their partner tend to say the same things about them over and over again – because they’re just so happy and want to tell others.

It’s really weird how people here accuse his wife of so terrible things. She seems nothing like a gold digger. In the years that she has been with Matt, she never tried to use his popularity for her own cause or in any other way appeared to show that all she was interested in was his money.
    They seem to be genuinely in love and very happy together. What’s wrong with that?

I am very happy for them and wish them all the best.

6. Tina

they’ve been together 8 years and have a 12 yearold kid? O.o.. or did one of them have a child before they met? :)

Luciana already had a daughter when they met.
      I am someone who was raised by a wealthy step father just like I am his own and they comments about Luciana being a gold digger are just haste generalizations.

7. Anonymous10

Re all of the negative comments here. Besides the fact that they are ludicrous, let me tell you, four kids are four kids. It takes more than a desire for money to have them and raise them….that’s a family you are talking about, a bit more respect wouldn’t hurt.

she isnt much of a mother.doesnt let matt out of her sight.always out with him .and never looks happy if she has too deal with the children.

Matt went to Harvard, won an Academy Award before his 30th birthday, and is a talented actor. He comes from a good family and is clearly cultured, intelligent, and had friends who were the same. His wife was a single mother at 22, a bartender, didn’t seem to have much education, and I know opposites attract but what do they talk about? How can she relate to his friends and family? Jennifer Garner is successful. I just don’t get it.

• Opinion

That’s because you are narrow minded.. How many intelligent people do you know who have happy successful marriages that aren’t full of deceit? They have a happy marriage…which is rare in this day in age. So, whatever she puts in the marriage is working for them both.

10. markus

as a big fan of matt’s acting, i have to say it’s hard not to be fan of this couple as well, she seems very grounded with such beauty, noticing after all these years she hasn’t even tried to be on the spotlight, she is happy being a mother, a wife and a good lover cause 3 children geez, so i’m sure she cares and treats him the way every man would love to be treated…and by his pictures he looks whipped in love.

There’s a god somewhere laughing at these two, it’s Eros.

12. Opinion

In my opinion i think its nice to see a couple that is together and not cheating every five seconds. Its too bad so many people are so envious of happy people. Just let them be happy and hope they continue married for many more years to come:)

13. Linda

Wud youse all get over yourselves, plz, if ppl are happy 2gether, let them be just that!!!!! jealousy is a rotten trait, everyone, no matter wat creed,religion, race or background they come from, even a girl who meets a celebrity who Fall in love with her, that’s just lovely, can’t believe how nasty ppl are, get a life and enjoy it!!!!!

14. mag

did you think she would say NO to a marriage offer from a famous rich celebrity? Hell no, who would say no? Everyone wants financial security.