Bethenny Frankel Wants A Different Life For Her Daughter

Bethenny Frankel Wants A Different Life For Her Daughter

In light of her incredible successes – as both a reality star and an author – and it’s hard to imagine Bethenny Frankel growing up in a less than nurturing home, however, that’s exactly what she faced as a young girl. The 40-year-old mom-of-one, who latest book is titled A Place of Yes, recently opened up to Life & Style about giving her daughter, Bryn, a different kind of childhood.

“I get to be the type of mother that I want to be,” says the former Housewives star. “Bryn’s so lucky: she has two parents who so appreciate her.”

At the tender age of four, Bethenny lost her own father when he abandoned the family, paving the way for a pained childhood: “My mom and stepfather used to drop me off at this woman’s house, where I’d stay for weeks at a time.”

In July, she told PEOPLE she “never had a true childhood”: “There was a lot of destruction: alcohol abuse, eating disorders and violent fights.”

Despite her hardships growing up, Bethenny is determined to turn things around for her own baby, who is nearing her first birthday.

We don’t have to give our children the same life we had. It’s about breaking the chain and doing it your own way. For me, having Bryn is breaking the chain.

And speaking of her gorgeous little girl, the proud mama is thrilled to announced her sweetheart’s latest accomplishments: “She’s crawling and pulling herself up to stand, and she has five teeth!”

“She’s becoming a big girl!”

Bryn is the first baby for Bethenny and her husband, Jason Hoppy, who will celebrate their first wedding anniversary this Monday (March 28).

Filed under: Bethenny Frankel

Photo credit: Fame

1. Tara

I feel empathy for people who had truly horrid childhoods. My late father was placed in 14 separate foster homes before he was even 10 years old. But Bethany always seems to play the “woe is me ” card. There are contradictory reports to how difficult her childhood was. But she never lacked for food, shelter, education or material goods. Her mother may have not been a part of her life but they did at least make sure she was provided for. That is something many cannot say.

I admire her desire to raise her daughter with love and compassion, but I wonder how much of this is provocated by media attention or actual deep felt conviction. Either way I wish Bryn the best.

• Zoey

Totally agree with you. Everything she does is for the cameras. I read an interview with her once where she complained about the fact that she was left alone in her apartment in manhattan as a teen, and that is what led her into drugs and screwed up relationships. Give me a friggin break. Own up to your mistakes lady.

She is pathetic and I cannot wait for her to fall big time. poor Bryn

2. TDfaninTX

I love Bethenny. She is such an inspiration and such an awesome role model. Bryn is so lucky to have her as a mommy!

Keep up the EXCELLENT work Bethenny! Can’t wait to find and try your Skinnygirl Margarita!!!!! Hope it will be in Texas soon!!!!

• Janna

Honey, you should do some research about Bethenny Frankel, because what you’ll find is a hypocrite of the worst magnitude.

And I hate to break it to you, but she just sold her interest in the Skinny Girl brand.

• anonymous

So true. She’s not even worth commenting on.

Selling her company does not make her a hypocrite: It makes her a very smart business woman.

Exactly. A very savvy businesswoman who practically raised herself and “made good.” Love to see success stories. I worry about the commenters who think Bethenny’s “parents” were “nurturing.” She was negleced, and anyone who thinks that is ok, well, that doesn’t bode well for their kids.

• TDfaninTX

First of all, don’t call me “honey”.

Second of all, I don’t care if she sold her interest in Skinnygirl. It’s her option to do so and it sounds like SMART business to me.

I had a bad childhood too so can relate to her story/being. I am proud of her for coming out of it so strong and being such a success. No one is perfect. We are all damaged somewhat. She didn’t let it affect her ability to become a strong person, woman, wife, mother, business genius!

Get over your hater attitude. If you don’t like her that is fine, but don’t rain in my parade with all your negativty!

• Tara

What tough childhood? She is always blaming others for her failures and indiscretions. She went to the best schools and could not even manage to complete that.

I am not a supporter of ” Jill” whoever that is. Never watch reality tv, but what I have seen and read via first person interviews, is less than flattering.

I cannot respect someone who takes no responsibility for their actions. She is not an admirable individual.

• TDfaninTX

Do you know her personally? Did you personally witness how she was treated as a child? Just because she was sent to the best school and did have some material things, does not mean she was taken care of. Emotional abuse/neglect is just as bad as physical abuse/neglect.

She is taking ownership of her problems and she is making a better life for herself and her family, especially her daughter Bryn. I am very proud of her for that and I do look up to someone who takes control and does not let their problems – no matter how big or small – drag them down.

• Tina

Oh yes you sound completely well adjusted and unfazed by your “childhood”

Tara and others were making educated statements based upon her actions and interviews.

Perhaps you need to tone your anger down a bit “Alice”

• TDfaninTX

I am not angry nor do I have anger issues. I know just as much about Bethenny as you do and we both have different opinions as to what kind of person she is.

An my real name is ALICE without the quotes around it needed.

3. Tina

Bethenny is a fame whore, her poor daughter is doomed. How can anyone think she is an inspiration!

This woman is not a role model or inspiring. Unfortunately, she is a complete hypocrite. I can’t for the life of me understand how stupid her fans are. She is one of the most dysfunctional human beings on the planet dispensing advice. Are people that lost and confused that they need advice from a complete “train wreck” of a person. She’s only worth commenting on to hopefully make people aware of her manipulation of the fans and hope that people would see the light. She is so offensive, rude, disrespectful and she only cares about the fans as long as they are buying her products. She is the biggest phony on earth. Why can’t people see this, it’s beyond me? Lately, she looks like a concentration camp victim and she is promoting health. She is the furthest thing from a healthy person, both mentally and physically. Most of her fans do not have an individual thought in their head. She’s playing you all folks….

LOL, wow, looks like Jill’s employes are back and ramping up for the next season of Housewives. Here’s a clue: You people are not fooling anyone. You are so jealous of Bethenny’s success that your contorted reactions are too, too funny (& totally transparent).

6. Rj

Don’t you just love how all the supportive comments are ” anonymous” and most likely the same person. Probably an employee or friend.

• TDfaninTX

Give me a break! That is just my screen name. I’m not afraid to not be anonymous. My name is Alice and I do not know Bethenny personally at all! She does have true fans and people DO admire/like her – me included!

I like Bethenny very much for her being a very strong person on this planet. She is doing great in learning how to be happy in her life and healthy and making mistakes is OK. She achieved a lot in her professional career and her personal life, so maybe she only needs to take a risk and stop for a minute, take a deep breath and feel herself free from her difficult childhood because it is a past and therefore it is just an illusion, which unfortunately she believes in from time to time. I wish her to not believe in illusion of suffering, because it does not make any sense.

Who really knows?? The real Bethenny – she is entertaining to watch and she is marketable obviously and yes I did buy her books! We are all human and no one is perfect. Everyone deals with issues differently as for her being a role model I can’t but wonder about someones IQ level when they say that. Just Sayin’