Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie’s “Big, Happy Family”

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie's "Big, Happy Family"

Despite mom and dad’s movie star status, life in the Jolie-Pitt home is “surprisingly ordinary,” according to an article in the current issue of People magazine.

“The family live in a way that can best be described as organized chaos,” says a source of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and their six kids. “Of course it’s wild when all the kids are there, and evening tends to be a bit chaotic with dinner and bedtime.”

So is there a good cop/bad cop in the Jolie-Pitt parenting team? Not really, says the insider. “[They] are both good with rules, and there are definitely consequences, like time-outs, for bad behavior. But for the most part the kids all get along.”

It was a rare sighting of the entire clan together when the uber-famous couple stepped out in New Orleans last week with all of their adorable children – Maddox, 9, Zahara, 6, Pax, 7, Shiloh, 4, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 2 – in tow. Angie and the kids recently arrived in the Big Easy, where Brad is busy working on his new thriller, Cogan’s Trade.

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt

Photo credit: INFPhoto.com

1. skylar

beautiful family

Angelina, Brad and their international children. Hmm! Which country is next?

3. Rebecca

I’m not saying they should dress their kids like Suri or Kingston, but they could buy better clothes.

4. Fran

awww… the flodders.

wow the twins and shiloh look so much alike!

@Rebecca,

Their clothes are just fine! it’s freaking humid in NO. leave them alone! if you don’t like them just go away!!

Brad is picking a wedgie. That makes me smile.

Rebecca@ They do dress the kids up when the occasion calls for it. Back in Dec/Jan when the Angelina and the kids went to the craft store in NY they were all dress very nicely or when Angelina to the 4 older kids to Japan at the airport look really nice once again, check out old photos CBS and you will see.

9. BethT

The kids are wearing jeans and t-shirts. What’s wrong with that? Kingston? He’s always in jeans and t-shirts. I don’t get why people are obsessed with bashing the kids. It’s really sad and creepy.

10. Rebecca

Wasn’t bashing them. The one kid is swimming in that shirt!

11. Anonymous.

i agree with u Rebecca

aww Pax and Maddox are holding hands!

That suit Knox is wearing is the same one Pax wore during the japan trip. Nice that they do hand-me-downs.

Can you imagine Shiloh’s shirt in your child’s wadrobe? Not to bash kids but these children do not look like well taken care of children. I do like Zahara though, she is a looker, the bio kids are average, can’t see the fuss.

15. Kate

@Anon 11:16am – The twins looks special needs – are you for real? Are you looking at the same picture? They seem like normal, cute children to me, except of course the surprised expression on their faces caused by the pack of photographers flashing lights on the other side of the street.

Some really see what they only want to see in this family… Unbelievable..

16. Kate

And yes, I do see Shilo’s Tshirt in my child’s wardrobe… Again, what picture are you looking at?

What would be next – they seem miserable, angry, they are not smiling? Would you be smiling for a group of strangers following you on the street at taking pictures of you nonstop?

I do not understand this judgemental negative view of two parents on a walk with their children on a beautiful spring day..

Anonymous 11:16am@ Their clothes aren’t dirty or have holes on them so what are you talking about. If these kids don’t look like their well taken care of because their dressing in simple clothes than I guess Jennifer Garner kids, Satyana Marie Denisof, Britney Spears boys, Heidi Klum kids, Hugh Jackman kids and Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber boys all must not look well taken care because they dress simply. It not my style I love the way Jessica Alba dress Honor that’s how I dress my kids but that doesn’t mean the people who dress their kids in simple clothing are wrong, bad or are not well taken care if.

18. Rebecca

It’s not the style of the clothes. It’s the fact that they are way to big on them.

None of those clothes are cheap. Knox is NOT wearing the same suit Pax had on. Though Vivienne does seem to be waering the same dress Zahara had on for the People photo shoot with the newly born twins. Do you want a 2 year old or any child to be wearing custom tailored clothes that they will outgrow in a few months? Kids grow into their clothes. And it’s only the youngest whose outfits seem a bit big. Looks to me like practical parents not over concerned with high fashion for their children. Good for them.

I am finding it hard to believe that some posters have any experience with children. These kids look perfectly normal and dressed like you would expect for a quick, spur of the moment one and half block stroll to the corner store to pick out their treats.

They’re only over critical and snarky about *these* children because they belong to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. They still aren’t over average tv sit com hack Jennifer Aniston losing her good thing. The longer she goes unmarried, and single and childless the more vicious they will get. I used to think that eventually this b*tchyness would fade w/ time, but that’s because I counted on Aniston getting a life and not coattailing on the fumes of a long dead union and divorce, seeking sympathy from fellow losers (like the ones on this board who attack babies). Aniston in her 43rd year with no prospects, practically insures that these jealous cows on these boards will be attacking Brad and Angie for the forseeable future. Pretty scary if you ask me. I mean they’re actually harping on Knox being in a size 4 jacket, instead of a 2, even as Suri Cruise chomps on gummies shaped like genitalia, and sucks a pacifier at 5 years old. Losers, one and all. Time to feed your 20 cats ladies, and leave the JPs alone now.

20. TC

Rebecca@ How are Maddox, Pax, Shiloh, and Vivienne clothes way to big on them and Zahara top is really a dress that she wearing with jeans and Knox blazer is the only thing that looks a little big on him; he wearing Tom & Drew Boys sand linen outfit.

21. amor

I just hope they get married one day! THEY HAVE A GREAT FAMILY, I AM SURE BRAD AND ANGIE ARE REALLY HAPPY TOGETHER AND I WISH THEM THE BEST AND I HOPE THEY GROW OLD TOGETHER. I wish I can meet them one day.