‘Design Star’s’ Vern Yip Welcomes A Daughter!

'Design Star's' Vern Yip Welcomes A Daughter!

It’s a girl! Design Star judge Vern Yip and his partner announced that they welcomed another child via surrogate.

“We are thrilled and excited to add a new member to our family,” Yip, 42, told PEOPLE. “On March 12th, Vera Lillian Beatrix came into the world and she is perfect in every possible way.”

And the couple’s son, 14-month-old Gavin Joshua Mannox, is already warming up to his new little sister.

“It is safe to say that we are all completely in love! Her big brother Gavin has already been taking good care of her, kissing her head and offering up his toys,” says the designer.

Congratulations to the happy family!

Filed under: Births,Celebrity Dads,Vern Yip

Photo credit: Google

1. alaina

congratulations to Vern.love the name Lillian but not Vera.

2. Melania

I don’t like the name Vera. It’s an old name and not a geat one either.

Poor kids no mommy

Why is there always someone who says this every time a post goes up about gay dads? Is it the same person every time?

Plenty of kids don’t have a mom. Even more don’t have a dad. I don’t think any of those kids are looking for your pity.

• Margaret

I agree. So selfish to deliberately bring a motherless child into the world. Couldn’t he adopt a child who had NO parents? Rose O’Donnell always laments the fact that she grew up without a mother and how it has affected her her whole life. Yet she did exactly the same thing when she and her then-partner brought a child into the world without a father. She and Vern, two of a kind. I feel this way whenever I hear of any single person doing this.

4. Tazlena

Agreed. This baby will have a great life with two attentive parents. There is nothing else she needs.

5. Janna

I wonder if she’s biologically related to her new brother? Like, did they use the same egg donor? Same sperm?

Don’t worry, I know it’s none of my business… I’m just curious!

• Sonya

From the pictures, it looks like Vera is Vern’s biological daughter, while Gavin doesn’t look Aisian, so I assume that each dad has one bio kid.
      Now, whether thy used the same egg donor is anyone’s guess since they haven’t mentioned it.

6. donna

Vera was Vern’s late monther’s name and is a wonderful way for him to honor her.

when has it become so acceptable for two men to marry and then go on to have a child. It’s very unnatural and its sad that America has no morals at all. Now everything goes. Sure enough at this rate eventually beastiality will be acceptable. When will we stop erasing the line?

8. Disappointed

Wow….I’m shocked at how insensitive many of the comments on this post are. If you don’t have anything nice to say, maybe you should just not say anything at all.

Congrats to the happy family!