Rachel Zoe Welcomes First Child: Skyler Morrison!

Rachel Zoe Welcomes First Child: Skyler Morrison!

Celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe and husband Rodger Berman have welcomed their first child, a son named Skyler Morrison Berman, in Los Angeles, PEOPLE reports. Baby Skyler weighed in at 6 lbs., 12 oz. and is 20 inches long.

“Mom and Dad ‘LITERALLY’ could not be happier or more in love with their son!” the couple gushed.

Zoe, 39, was sure to take it easy during her pregnancy, which she recently called a “wonderful, drama-free time.”

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Births,Rachel Zoe

Photo credit: Fame

1. Shirelle

Congrats to them and I love the name skylar

2. makayla

I love the name skyler.

3. Angi

Great name and good size. He will be very loved. Welcome to the world Baby Berman!

4. Skizzo

Love Skylar! Not so sure on Morrison, sounds like a surname

i actually like Sky way better but thats not the point:) as long as they are happy with the name:)I got tons of comments after naming my son,it could be quite unpleasant

Skylar is the worst name ever!

Skyler is a terrible name for a boy.

An overdue baby weighing 6 lbs 12 oz? Ya, she really was healthy taking care of herself for 9+ months. NOT!

• k

I agree, how this is ‘a good weight’ is beyond me.
      I know babies are all born at different weights and depends on the parents size etc, but that does seem small for an overdue baby!!

I don’t think that 6 lbs 12 oz is necessarily a “good” weight for a full-term baby boy, but where did you read she was overdue? If that was the case, that’s even worse.

• Gena

My son was 6lbs, 12oz at birth… he arrived a mere three days before his *estimated* due date. I can assure you… I ate and was healthy. He was healthy at birth. I don’t care one way or the other about this lady, but nothing seems off about her baby’s size to me.

Where does it say she’s overdue?? 6lbs 12oz is a perfectly healthy weight for a baby, full term or not.

9. makayla

I actually like the name skyler . better then the wacky name celebrities given their children freedom buddy bear speck wildhorse moxie crimefighter little pixie petal rainbow blossom.

10. makayla

no egypt is a terrible name for a boy.

skylar is just as bad as jayden or grayson in my opinion, but i love short names so sky i find quite nice:)

i dont think the size of the baby matters… i had my son at the end of 36th week and he was 7 1/2 pounds and i was on gummy vitamins the whole time the prenatal ones made me sick. and im not a big girl, 96 pounds on my 6 week pp visit. i dont think it matters…

The size does matter to a certain extent, and your baby’s weight was a good size for 36 weeks. Some people are just questioning the wording in the article about her baby — you’d think he was 8+ pounds and premature or something.

dont get me started on the nursing topic, very few girls cant do it so unless youre one of them its pure laziness. and yes the weight you wain has nothing to do with how big your child is, and yes all kids even out at some point.

• Beth

That’s the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever read “unless youre one of them its pure laziness”!? It is the MOTHER’S choice to nurse or not, and if they don’t it does NOT mean they are lazy at all!

me again. ok i see your point, hopefully hes healthy and as long as she can nurse he’ll be fine:)

15. Tara

Ok so now that she had the child, she is criticized for it’s weight? Some people cannot win. I had mothers telling me it was unhealthy of me to have a 10+ pound baby. I only gained about 30 pounds with him and ate properly. He was and always has been large for his age. Yet now at 2 he is 39″ long and weighs 30 pounds. The weight evens out.

Her son will be fine. Give her a break.

The weight that you gain does not always have something to do with the size of your baby…….I only gained 9 lbs with my son, and he weighed 9 lbs 2 oz.He was as healthy as any infant,and still is.Skylar is a beautirful name,and I do hope they are very happy with their little guy.

17. BeatrixDarl

My daughter weighed 5’11 at 39 weeks. She was strong as an ox. Precisely what compels you all to pass judgment? Do you really hold genuine concerns for the welfare of this child? Or any of the other children with famous parents whose child rearing skills you question? Would you come out and say this to, say, a woman at your mothers group who’d delivered a small baby?

I think people are quick to comment on his weight due to Rachel’s well-publicized weight issues and problems with food, particularly since she did not seem to get very big during the pregnancy. Unless he came out weighing 9+ lbs, these comments were inevitable.

Congrats to all and welcome to the world Skyler! Health and Happiness :)

19. Bella

I know plenty of term babies born 6lbs! It’s a fine weight.

Skylar by far isn’t a horrible name but I prefer it for a girl.

20. Courtney

it’s a unisex name as is ashley or Carroll get over it. they never gave her official due date so he could very well be overdue not that it matters. I was over due 26 years ago and weighed 7lbs 11oz at birth though Rachel didn’t have as difficult a pregnancy as my mother did

21. the Truth

Welcome Skyler and may you and your loving parents live happy and healthy for always! Her doctor and Skyler’s doctor are the only opinions that Rachel pays any attention to! So comments concerning health are so ridiculous and only incite comment rage on this blog! Skyler’s dad picked the name too!

OH for heaven’s sake. Why are people so hateful and judgmental. Rachel’s baby’s weight is perfectly fine. My daughter weighed in at 6 lbs. 9 oz and was 19 inches long when she was born. I worked for my obstetritian who encouraged women not to gain an excessive amount of weight and to eat healthy. I followed his recommendations. My daughter is now a lovely, slim woman and has never had any weight issues. Who says that pregnant women have to become overweight slobs just because they are pregnant and deliver fat babies! Not a good idea.

Congratulations to Rachel and her family. I’m sure her son is beautiful and healthy!

No one said or implied that women have to be overweight slobs, but I’m sure your obstetrician wouldn’t encourage extreme dieting either — a look at Zoe’s emaciated frame indicates that she has serious issues with food and one would hope that this did not cause any complications during the pregnancy or for her child. P.S. – My daughter was 6 lbs 9 oz and my son was 7 lbs 5 oz.

23. AnnieMouse

Great name! I must admit I’m impressed…I was expecting something really wacky!

24. jacquie109

My daughter came 10 days before her due date which puts it at 38 1/2 weeks, and she only weighed 5lbs and 8 oz. My entire pregnancy was completely healthy. I ate like nobodies bussiness and while I did go on 1 mile walks most of the days of my pregnancy I didn’t really “work out” and only gained 20 lbs. My daughter is 9 yrs old and completely healthy, and she never had health problems as a baby. A persons size and that of their spouses usually determins what a babies weight is, not how much or little they eat. Too grow a healthy baby during pregnancy you are only supposed to add 300 calories to your daily intake, thats an extra apple a day, not a full meal.