Kate Hudson: “I Have The Most Unconventional Family Ever”

Kate Hudson: "I Have The Most Unconventional Family Ever"

Kate Hudson, who is expecting a child with Muse front man Matt Bellamy, says she’s learned a lot from growing up in an unconventional family.

The 31-year-old actress was raised by her mom Goldie Hawn and stepfather Kurt Russell from when she was three and has stated she doesn’t think marriage is necessary.

She said of her 7-year-old son Ryder, “The most important thing for Ryder’s life is love, happiness and honesty. I have the most unconventional family ever. My mom Goldie Hawn was married twice, and then she met my dad (Kurt) who was married before.

“I’ve got a brother and half-brothers and sisters, and we all have the most wonderful relationships. My mom and dad are around a lot – we all live within seven blocks of each other. You can’t go wrong if you’re honest and your intention is to be happy.”

Hudson has kept a great relationship with ex-husband Chris Robinson. She was recently seen hanging out with him and his wife, Allison, and their 1-year-old daughter Cheyenne.

Filed under: Kate Hudson

Photo credit: Fame

1. Shirelle

Is it just me or does he kind of look like kourtney kardashian’s boyfriend scott. I’m guessing another boy in July.

2. Chaz

i love Kate and Matt. im happy for them. its about time Kate found a man like Matt. so hip hip!! i think and hope its a girl cause’ Kate and Goldie are the only girls in the family!!!
    *chanting* girl girl girl girl…
    (P.S Matt better come up with a unusual name for him/her! after all he’s unusual)

Where did CBS get these quotes from? I don’t think Kate was interviewed by them and it’s misleading to suggest otherwise.

4. Anonymous10

Who are Kate Hudson’s sisters?

5. Jennie

Hopefully the child will inherit Matthew Bellamy’s talent lol especially that gorgeous singing voice!

Like i said before hollywood is the new ghettowood. All they do is have babies out of wedlock and exist in broken homes. Especially kate hudson and her family. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell set a perfect example for their daughter to later on in life to be a baby mama instead of creating an actual solid family foundation for her kids. She has half sisters and half brothers and now her son has half siblings. Where are the morals? I’m sure the next generation in their family will grow up to do the same thing. Shame Shame shame.

I don’t think you could get a better example of a relationship (especially a Hollywood one) than Goldie and Kurt. They’ve been together for years and years and years. That takes commitment. You don’t have to have a marriage license to set a good example in that department. I see so many people that get married and divorced in this country. A marriage certificate does not, in itself, set a good example. It’s the partners level of commitment to each other that matters. Goldie and Kurt have more than demonstrated that.

Maybe you should worry about yourself before judging other people. There is nothing morally wrong with these people. They may not have any talent, but that is an entirely different issue.

WOW – I am stunned that people like you still exsist. My “husband” and I have two kids andanother one on the way. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and my “husband” has a daughter from a previous relationship and now we will have another together. We are not married neither of us have ever been married, but we carry very strong family values and love our children very very much. We have taught them that it is more important to me married in your heart than it is to be married on paper. Anyone can marry on paper, it takes a special bond and commitment to marry in your heart!

I feel sorry for your children. They must be incredibly confused by all the men, women and half siblings coming and going in their lives.

• Janna

Actually, I feel sorry for your children. Heaven forbid they have a failed relationship, it’s going to suck to know that their mother (or father?) will judge them for the rest of their life for it.

• Janna

That’s hysterical!!! Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn have been together over 25 years…… probably longer than almost all of the married couples you know!!!

You should have left your sentence at “Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell set a perfect example for their daughter”…… because that’s the truth, whether you want to admit it or not.

since when is loving everyone you are surrounded by not moral? personally, i don’t believe in “failed” relationships of any sort. from each one you learn something. i think kate has a solid view love. even though you may not stay together if you loved someone you can’t fall out of love. you can tell they all care and support each other instead of hate even though they are no longer married!

8. tiki

the MOST unconventional family ever? really, kate? i’m thinking someone needs to get over herself. in today’s world, your family doesn’t even register as a blip on the radar screen of nonconformity.