Halle Berry & Nahla: Beach Beauties

Halle Berry & Nahla: Beach Beauties

Halle Berry and her daughter Nahla spent time on the beach in Malibu, Calif. on Friday (April 1). The 3-year-old cutie played in the sand, looked for sea shells and ran around on the sand.

At one point Nahla begged Halle’s boyfriend Olivier Martinez to come down and join them. He opted to stay on the balcony to watch.

With her romance going strong, Halle’s career seems to be so too.

She just wrapped up her role in playing a nurse in the upcoming comedy New Year’s Eve.

Filed under: Halle Berry,Nahla Aubry

Photo credit: GSI Media

It’s a shame that in today’s society children don’t know what it’s like to grow up in a household with a married mother and father.

well as a ‘child’ or teenager, living in a house with my married mother and father, I can tell you that it is not always beneficial, often damaging, and if my mother could, she would of got out a long time ago- perhaps halle is trying to avoid a situation like that for her little girl- Nahla looks very happy no?

Nahla looks very happy to me. If things don’t work out in certain relationships the couple can’t push it because they both won’t be happy and children can usually tell that.

It’s a shame that in today’s society rude busybodies like you think it’s any of your business to judge other people.

• Cabos

Well just this morning while shopping at Target i couldn’t avoid witnessing how a man was humiliating his own wife yelling at her crappy stuff AND in front of their daughter. I felt so sorry for that lady and the little girl. Being married doesn’t guarantee growing up in a happy harmonious household.

2. LaKesha

Create such a home, and your children will know it.

gabriel aubry loves nahla to bits.both her parents do.nahla is a beatiful black kid.i know she is mixed,but in reality she is gong to be called black .i am happy halle is preparing her for how the real world operates

• Victoria

Yeah whatever, but that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

i am also black my dear.100% african not mixed or anything else whatsoever.i am also on halle’s side when she says she believes in one drop theory.everyone knows nahla is mixed.you cant go around tellling people you are mixed,its sound so unaproppriate and informal.in the real world u eiither black or white.they are a mixture of many races from all over the world.asians,europeans,africans, so on and so forth.baraack obama is mixed but he also belong to one drop theory.think about it.all this have being studies throughout the years.and yes nahla is very beatiful black kid

• LoOLOo

Is english your first language? If it is…….., never mind.

I am mixed and I do not consider myself 100% black, nor does anyone else I know consider myself to be 100% white or black. I don’t understand why its such a big deal to most people as I have never encountered any issues with it, nor has anyone in my family felt the need to define my mixed race to anyone.

Thats so dump, who cares if she is going to be called black or white. She is a beautiful baby, way more beautiful than 100% white or black people.

Its so out dated to refer to people as either black or white, life is grey, wake up!!! No one can deny that she is mixed, its shows in her features and it will also show in her personality and behavior.

On another note, no one can verify that he or she is 100% white or black, u cant track your blood so anyone can be anything. Its time to forget about colors, its the 21st century for gods sake!

Going back to Nahla, her mom is half white half black, her dad is white so technically she is more white than black, which doesnt change anything, she is still a beautiful girl regardless of here color.

happiness is what counts most.marriage does not always give you happiness infact it does not at all.as long as both parents love her and put her first.gabriel is a good dad and i wish many young fathers could learn from him

To the moron who said anyone that is part black is considered black – there are so many mixed people today that you cannot possibly call anyone one particular race if they are mixed. What about people that are half white and half asian? What are they called? What about people that are half indian and half puerto rican, what are they called? Tiger Woods is White, Black, Indian and Asian and guess what, he calls himself a CAUBLINASIAN. Normal people would call themselves whatever race they are. They wouldn’t shun once race because of the “1 drop rule”. Most mixed people don’t ever identify with the 1 drop rule as it relates to the southern slave rule many many years ago. That’s why they use the term bi-racial.

Well said.
      This beautiful little girl should be just as proud of the gene’s and background she got from her father as she did from her mother.
      It sounds like Her mom just wants to keep Nahla to her self and not let her father have any part of her. If she was really such a wonderful mom, she should encourage her daughter to grow up feeling what she wants to feel and to look at herself the way she wants to see her self, black, white, bi-racial whatever it is. Not tell her she is black only, because she is not and she should be proud of all of her, not just 1/4 of her blood line!

6. Audrey

If one of the first things one says when admiring a child is related to its “race” then the world certainly isn’t progressing very fast or well. Nahla is a cute kid and shouldn’t that be enough?.

7. Alice

What an idiotic thing to say (i’m referring to the person commenting about how anyone who is mixed with Black is Black).
    The one drop rule theory is racist and was created by RACISTS so why would anyone embrace that!? Nahla is not Black, She’s not even Biracial, she is 25% Black. She doesn’t look 100% Black and would not have the same experience as someone who is dark skinned 100% Black, that’s actually an insult to those of us who have TWO Black parents – What are we!? If a Half white and half Black person is Black, what in the world am I?
    I am offended by that comment and I am offended people still embrace the one drop rule theory which is racist.
    Halle is Biracial, Black and White.

though i agree with what you said Alicia,i want to add that Nahla is Biracial,biracial is a member of 2 races,which is what Nahla is,no matter the percentage,she has caucasian and black ancestry in her,so that makes her biracial

9. Lioness

Ohhh my god, who caaaaaaarrrres? I can’t believe that looking at these beautiful pictures of this beautiful mom/daughter duo would elicit yet another cyclical and utterly pointless discussion about race. What is the point of fighting each other about it, I ask you? If no one ever labeled Nahla as black or white or mixed, wouldn’t she still exist- just as she is? What a waste of time it all is.

10. Evette

It is a picture. Of a pretty lady and her pretty daughter playing prettily on the beach. They are smiling. See the smiles? They are happy — there they are with those smiles again. It is a sunny, warm day with water and fluffy clouds and probably a bird or two.

How the heck that translates into judgmental comments about society, marriage, misery, broken homes, racism, Obama etc. says way more about the people making the comments than it in does about the lady and her daughter playing prettily on the beach.

While I understand that parents need to be happy for their children to be happy, there is something unsettling about having new daddies and mommies throughout your life. I know Nahla has one mom and dad, but these men and women that will come through her life and stay awhile will have an impact on her. My mom is a lovely woman and she followed her heart, but I had lots of daddies and uncles growing up. They were nice men and the women my dad hooked up were nice too, but they were in my life and I became attached and then they broke up with my mom or dad and they were gone. When you gain and lose people who are like parents to you, it gets hard to trust any relationship. Even now when I date, I think it’s always temporary, that love never lasts, and that when the man gets bored, he SHOULD leave and find someone who makes him happier. I don’t expect commitment because it doesn’t seem like love should be hard.

Now Nahla’s still young and she is happy, but how many men and women will filter through her life and then be gone. Halle doesn’t really want to have anything to do with Gabriel so you think she’ll keep in touch with all her future exs? Think Nahla will get to see her temp daddies (or mommies) or will they just love her and go away when the heat of the relationship fades?

So it’s hard because I don’t want people to stay with someone they’re not happy with, but for the kids, the result of mommy and daddy being happy isn’t always so great either.

12. audrey

Agree. It could be reversed. One drop white than white. It just all seems silly.

13. audrey

14. audrey

15. AJ

She is so pretty! Looks just like Gabriel.

16. nicoleC

i think Nahla is so pretty!!
    it will be a nice picture if her mum and dad back together,

then which race does barack obama belong to people.his children are also mixed ….75%black and 25%white.what do u call them then?malia obama looked mixed., but yet she is called black.i think we should all stop this thing of seeing black as a bad thing.what i am saying is nahla should be seen as black as well because she has black genes in her.there is nothing wrong with being called black.dont you see if we called ourselves a mixture of this and that is a waste of space people.you either black or white period.
    waste of state money …………………

The world is changing, people are becoming more multicultural than ever, some people still think the one drop theory but not everybody. With your ignorant vews you are showing to be one of this people who has the need to put everybody in little boxes for your little silly world.

mariah carey looked like nahla when she was young.she is also mixed and she calls herself black cos she is.wow dont you just love the termology black.we will all end up calling ourselves black.. no one has any ownership rights of the word black.the so called black people are more light brownish,brown and dark brown than black….and white people are look more pink, or pale than white .they are asians who are more darker skinned than black africans but they are seen as asians not black even if they looked picth black .get my poit

I think you need to spend your precious time on more serious subjects, who cares what color is your skin? what counts is your education, culture and being a decent human being, the end.

Anonymous well said. Instead of talking about Nahla’s color people up here should be talking about the fact that Halle has tried her best to push Nahla’s dad, who loves her, out of her daughters life and moved a man into her house with her and her daughter and the possible negative influence that may have on her in the future. Any woman who does that whether they be a celeb or not gets no love in my book.

20. Toya

How are we ever to move forward, when all we do is focus on the past? My GOD!! I never thought in a million years I would come on any vehicle of communication and see folks dissect ones make-up. This is truly SAD!! Especially when it comes to the babies! This woman is trying to deal with life, love her child as every mother does, and all we do is tear her down every chance there is. Makes no sense….

21. Green Eyed Sista

My dad is mixed w/black and white (w/blue eyes), and if one called him part white or mixed he’d curse you to your face. I think the ones who call themselves mixed are weak and ashamed. Babies be proud of your blackness!

Well to me the child is more white then black halle is part white and the father is white so why is the child just black she has black in her that’s it

23. Alice

That’s very mature of you to call a child unattractive.
    Nahla is cute and could be a child model, she’s very pretty and regardless of what you think of Halle you should leave her child alone.
    Halle is beautiful, say what you want about her but to deny she is anything but gorgeous is to lie.