Gwyneth Paltrow: “There’s Nothing Uptight About Me!”

Gwyneth Paltrow: "There's Nothing Uptight About Me!"

Gwyneth Paltrow recently opened up to Ladies’ Home Journal about her new cookbook, singing, and people’s misconception of her.

The actress, who raises Apple, 6 1/2, and almost 5-year-old Moses with husband Chris Martin, insists she is not uptight.

She says, “There’s nothing uptight about me! I’ve got this ice-blonde reputation and that’s just not me.  I do silly things in public all the time, like hosting Saturday Night Live, or I’ll go out with friends and have a good time.  I try to live my life to the fullest even if it means making a fool of myself.”

Having learned to cook with her family she titled her cookbook, My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness, in honor of her dad Bruce Paltrow.

The Goop blogger confesses, “I am the classic Jewish mother.  I’m always making way too much, and I’m preoccupied with whether people have had enough to eat.  When someone walks into my house, the first thing I do is make sure they’re fed.”

She also admits she can overeat stating, “There’s the me that will have a salad, a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine, and then there’s the other me that will have four glasses of wine, fried zucchini, pasta, chicken parmigiana and dessert.

“I try not to do that other version too much.  I was at a party having dinner next to Mario Batali and he was like “You’re the only person I know who eats more than me.”

With the many opportunities that have come and gone she sometimes does question herself.

It’s strange.  The other day I was thinking, “Why did I write a cookbook?” and, “Why did I say yes to singing at the Country Music Awards?” I’ll look back at a lot of things I’ve done and say, “How did I have the guts to do that?”

Filed under: Gwyneth Paltrow

Photo credit: Fame

1. anon

not buying it, gwynny.

2. Nicki

She is the worst name and “events I’ve been to and participated in” dropper I’ve ever seen! We already know she is famous, what is she trying to prove? That she more famous than the next person?
    I can’t stand the celebrity cookbooks. I have a feeling too that if there are 50 recipes in the book that 10 of them are actually from the celebrity. I mean, they are ACTORS, not cooks. It’s just over the top to me.

3. sammi

i don’t think you’re uptight gwynnie. i see you more as needy and insecure. which isn’t a bad thing, it is just a little annoying. it is pretty obvious you don’t have much fun and that makes me a bit sad. ah well….

4. BeatrixDarl

Oh, Gwyneth. You’re trying to not be a pain in the a*s, and I’m trying not to be a Gwyneth hater- but we’re both failing miserably.

It’s not that you are an ice princess, that at least is interesting. You are a total bore- plain and simple.

6. Tara

(it’s strange.  The other day I was thinking, “Why did I write a cookbook?” and, “Why did I say yes to singing at the Country Music Awards?” I’ll look back at a lot of things I’ve done and say, “How did I have the guts to do that?”)

It’s called having an ego the size of Texas, Gwyneth. However if you want to claim to be a renaissance woman- try to at least master something other than acting- and even that talent has been hit and miss.

• Anonymous2

She is a very good actress actually. But I agree that she tried to be an expert on everything. She really cannot sing, and this whole cooking thing is the trend of the moment.

She comes off too superior. If she was honest and said I have a lot of blessings, and I do think I know what’s best for a lot of moms- I could respect it. It might piss me off, but at least her being real.

• Anon

Agree, she has put her hand in too many things and claims to be a pro at everything she touches.

7. tif

If you have to insist that you’re not uptight…..

i love her, she’s kept her kids and life on the low profile and she’s a talented woman!

• Anon

You obviously do not live in the UK, this girl pimps her children out for everything possible. They are everywhere here! She also tried to go on all our shows and act like an expert. No low profile here. Maybe the reason she has a low profile in the USA, is because you guys got sick of her and stuck us with the problem;)

• Lucy

Totally. She has been on Jonathan Ross talking about acting, Graham norton talking about her singing, Delia talking about cooking, she even went on Top Gear. ( an auto show) She also makes a bad attempt at hiding her kids from the paparazzi here. They always seem to be at the most publicized events, who takes a toddler to Glastonbury festival. If none of you have been there it is a mad scene and she had apple there at the age of 2. You get high just walking the fields.