Mario Lopez’s Little Flower Girl

Mario Lopez's Little Flower Girl

Mario Lopez got a visit from his 6-month-old daughter Gia Francesca and girlfriend Courtney Mazza while taping a segment for Extra at The Grove in Los Angeles on Thursday (April 7).

He proudly showed off Gia who wore a headband with a giant flower.

Lopez told Extra, “The best thing about being a dad is that I have something to really want to wake me up in the morning and rush home, ’cause I don’t want to miss anything.”

He and Mazza have their own reality show, Saved By The Baby on VH1.

Filed under: Gia Lopez,Mario Lopez

Photo credit: Flynet

I can’t believe some of the comments on here. Now I know where to find all the stupid people. She DOES NOT have Down Syndrome and doesn’t even look like she does. I can’t believe there are so many stupid people in this world.

Queries about Downs Syndrome are in the comments on every site these pictures and others have been posted. Do a google search. So whilst we don’t know one way or the other, chastising those who pose it as a query (and I’ve only seen respectful comments) seems ridiculous, as it’s clearly occurred to a lot of people. I’ve got to question those who seem so offended by it, they would report every comment. What would it matter if she does? She’s lovely either way!

3. LaKesha

I personally flagged some of these ridiculous comments, I suppose the moderators think they are acceptable.

4. Colleen

I think she looks so much like Mario and her eyes are his match, she is just a wee one still.
    I agree with circumcision is to much; however, I fault no one that has done it. None of my boys are and earrings are personal preference. One of my sons has an earring by his choice :)
    Gia is a beauty.

5. noa

I bet Mario had the exact same face as a baby. Look at HIS eyes.. he doesn’t have Down syndrome..

6. Tazina

Pretty cruel comments if she doesn’t have the syndrome. You don’t know so you should keep your not so nice comments to yourself. She is a beautiful baby.

She DOESN’T have Down Syndrome.Check out other photos of her and you will see you are wrong.
    She’s cute!

not sure if this is the case with Mario but earrings on babies is sometimes a cultural tradition. In my country of origin, girls are adorned with gold from birth so it is not uncommon to see an infant with gold studs, a gold necklace, and a little gold bracelet. It’s actually very cute. Peircing a child’s ears is no more barbaric than a circumcism so no reason to hate it.

I don’t really like circumcision either, but at least there’s some health benefits, supposedly, rather than just looks or fashion.

again, it’s not simply for looks. As an outsider, you perceive it very differently than someone inside the culture. there are many things that americans do that I may not do but it doesn’t mean it’s incorrect. there are many cultures that do not circumcise or wait until a boy is in grade school to circumcise, there are health, yes, but the decision is often dictated by cultural reasons pure and simple.

• Janna

I tend to think exactly the opposite.

Earrings are decorative, the pain lasts 2 minutes and if a girl grows up and decides she doesn’t want holes in her ears, she takes out the earrings and eventually the holes will close… no harm done.

Circumcisions are barbaric and unnecessary. Cutting away the foreskin of the penis is cruel, inhumane and for all intents and purposes, irreversible.

9. AnnieMouse

I innocently thought the same thing. It doesn’t matter, but she does look like she may be of special needs in one way or another. Not judging…simply stating an observation.

Why does everyone seem to think that Mario and Courtney OWE us that sort of information? If Gia has Downs Syndrome then she has Downs Syndrome, if she doesn’t then she doesn’t. Gia seems to be a happy, healthy and loved baby, and that’s all that should matter.

11. Audrey

Here we go again. Every child who is not round eyed has Down Syndrome. If so everyone of Asian descent on this site would be prediagnosed.

I have a grandson with Down Syndrome so I know. Look for more of the signs than lack of round eyes – thick finger pads, esp on the thumbs, often curved little fingers, lower smaller ears, flatter affect to the face, rarely a little turned up nose, etc.

wow she looks so much like him, in a strange way…

but tbh I really hate seeing earrings on babies. they’re not accessories, let them decide themselves if they want it. :/
    (yes I know it’s a popular thing, esp in certain cultures, but I still hate it)

13. Arianna

The baby does not have down syndrome!

And wearing earrings is common in a hispanic culture. I don’t mind earrings on babies but hate big headbands!

14. Ally

I thought she was going to be like mario with the dimples….