Mariah Carey Gives Sneak Peek Of Twins’ Nursery

Mariah Carey Gives Sneak Peek Of Twins' Nursery

Pop star Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon give Life & Style a sneak peek of their twins’ nurseries—one in their Bel-Air, Calif., estate and the other at their New York City apartment. Both rooms are filled with comfy chairs and plush stuffed animals.

I wanted to create a beautiful, tranquil, cozy environment for the babies,” Mariah says. “Everything matches, but pieces are individualized to celebrate the twins as separate entities.”

“Designing the LA nursery with Gail Sedigh of AFK Furniture and world-famous decorator Mario Buatta was so challenging because I had such specific ideas I wanted implemented,” the mom-to-be adds. “I feel like I’m bringing two individuals into the world, so I wanted to do more than cookie-cutter styles in blue and pink.” And papa Nick agrees. He requested pink and green bedding instead of the traditional pink and blue.

Mariah’s favorite part of the California nursery? The cloudscape, star-speckled ceiling steals her heart. “The ceiling has orangey-pink clouds in a blue sky with golden stars twinkling. It’s based on two songs I wrote that are fan favorites: Underneath the Stars and Close My Eyes,” Mariah says. “Sometimes I just sit in the nursery and stare at the ceiling because I love it so much. To me, it symbolizes wanting my children to dream as big as possible and to let their imaginations be unbridled.”

The songrstress also incorporated her trademark, butterflies, into the nursery and stuffed-animal lambs, what the singer endearingly calls her fans.

The 42-year-old singer has also been busy coordinating the NYC nursery. “I prefer the East Coast schooling over the West Coast,” Nick says. “But there are other things that come into play, like work.”

Mariah says she’s ready to welcome the twins any day now.

Being a mother is probably the hardest job in the world. I feel like, in a lot of ways, children come into the world to teach us,” Mariah says. “It’s going to be a delicate balance between raising them around glitz and glamour and keeping them grounded. One thing I’m sure of is that I’ll be grateful for the twins every day, no matter what.”

Filed under: Mariah Carey

Photo credit: Portrait photography by Bill Boatman for Life & Style; Nursery photography by Lisa Rose for Life & Style

All the best health and happiness to the expectant couple, but I mean COME ON! Is she the only woman in the world to ever be pregnant with twins? Try doing it without being a millionaire.

Being excited and pimping out your pregnancy are two different things, she has a blog that she talks about her pregnancy on fine but the fact that she needs to sell every aspect of her pregnancy is overboard.

I bet they’re going to sell the birth video too. Attention w*****.

4. LaKesha

It’s beautiful…all first time moms are super excited. If all moms had a forum, we would probably be just as excited to share every detail. I hope all critical moms on this site remember how much and how long Mariah has been waiting for these babies. She deserves to be excited.

• Arianna

True but there is such a thing as overkill. I actually find it so annoying on facebook when people post their ultrasound photos and their day 2 day baby progress of today my baby is! I get it’s excitement but truly not everyone cares! lol

5. klutzy_girl

WHY HASN’T SHE HAD THE TWINS YET? Longest pregnancy ever, I swear.

6. Arianna

Ya know she hasn’t even had these kids and I’m already so over it!!

7. Anon569

Did we really think Mariah was done pimping out her pregnancy?

8. Sarah G.

Beautiful room. Nice to see Mariah with her clothes on.

9. A Rose

May all that is good about having children be theirs. Mariah and Nick are like so many of us when we are waiting for the birth, you get to prepare and make your dreams come true, especially if money is not a problem. You get to put into place every little girl idea you had when you were sayings…when I have kids this is what I want for them…… Mariah and Nick pure joy about their babies is precious…..you cannot take money with you and they do give to charity! And Nick and Mariah work to live lavish!

10. alaina

the twins nursery is to lavish for my taste.my favorite celebrity nursery is Tiffani -Amber.by the way Mariah butterfly obsession is out of control.