Will Zsa Zsa Gabor Welcome Baby No. 2 At 94?

Will Zsa Zsa Gabor Welcome Baby No. 2 At 94?

Ailing actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, 94, and husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt could be expecting a baby soon!

It may require the help of an egg donor, artificial insemination, and a surrogate mother, but von Anhalt tells CNN that the procedure is already underway.

“I’ve gone through the initial steps of donor matching and blood work and next week the donation process will begin,” says von Anhalt.

Gabor, who recently endured a hip replacement and leg amputation, has one child – a daughter, Francesca Hilton. But the news that she could possibly have a baby brother or sister at this point in her life doesn’t exactly sit well with Hilton, who tells CNN, “That’s just weird.”

Von Anhalt, however, says that a baby would give him “something to live for” if Zsa Zsa were to pass away before him, adding, “I’m a retired guy. I can take care of it.”

According to Prince Frederic, Gabor talked about having a child with him when they were first married 25 years ago, and had recently revisited the topic, wanting someone to carry on the Gabor name.

But as a suspicious Hilton points out, her full name is Constance Francesca Gabor Hilton.

If you’re wondering where you’ve heard the name von Anhalt before, you may recall that Prince Frederic was one of the men that came forward claiming that he could be the father of Anna Nichole Smith‘s daughter, Dannielynn.

Filed under: Celebrity Moms,Zsa Zsa Gabor

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. LaKesha

While it may not be for us if we were them–we’re not–ultimately it’s up to them.

2. hlbronson

I can’t imagine having a baby for my own selfish reasons and not care that my child will have to deal with the death of their mother at such a young age. How cruel. I hope this isn’t true.

He’s no spring chicken. What happens if the baby has health problems?? Will he abandon it, out of selfishness. He obviously messed around before. It’s a little late to wind the biological clock. Zsa Zsa was too old to have kids with him 25 yrs. ago. Get a puppy. It can keep him company………….

the daughter states she’s a gabor – but she has no children herself to carry on the name. so when she dies, the name dies. maybe that’s what they’re getting at?

i do think it’s ridiculous to leave a baby without a mother – BUT – wouldn’t you rather them adopt a baby that they can provide for, instead of that child ending up in foster care?? idk… there’s many ways to think about it.

6. Marilyn

This whole thing is absurd. He’s no spring chicken either. I saw him on TV Tuesday night and he said you can’t control kids these days anyway so at age 12 and up they really don’t need a parent to take care of the child (if von Anhalt dies before the child is an adult). He claims to be 67 but he looks older than that to me.

7. Tazina

I think Prince Frederic is having some fun with the gullible people out there.

How ridiculous

9. Katie

WTF???? It`s so sad that we live in the world where you don`t have to concieve a child anymore natural way, but where you can buy a baby, it`s so wrong and selfish. You either blessed with kids or you don`t. They are not toys, or hobbies, or tools, they need alive, young, energetic parents who can take care of them, love them…. There is a reason why our biological clock stops ticking after 40. They are morons and if there is a doctor who would do such a thing he is a moron.

I disagree. Being over 40 doesn’t mean you’ll make a bad parent. I don’t agree with being 94, but I think some people are meant to have children but don’t have the body to carry them. That doesn’t mean they should not get to experience having a child.

Sure, being a parent at 40 doesn’t mean you are a bad parent, but it is selfish because your child is at a really high risk of having mental and physical disabilities. Sometimes it works, and those people are just lucky. It may be shocking, but my professor in my human sexuality class told us that there starts to be a risk of down syndrome even in your late 20′s. So it’s irresponsible to have a child later in life just because you want to fill a void, and risk their life in the process.
        I’m also not saying that parents should be super young, but they should think about their child’s well being first. and a new parent in their 90′s is insane!

• Martha Hankins

Katie: I’m 45, I’ve never had children, and I’m currently exploring my options to become a parent (yes, including fertility treatment and donor insemination as well as possible adoption – I’m looking at everything). What Prince Frederic von Anhalt wants to do is his own business, not ours. Also, what I want to do is between me and God. Think very, very carefully before making a remark that may hurt someone – your remark about “a reason our biological clock stops ticking at 40″ was like a slap in the face to me.

I read about this on another site and I firmly believe that this is 100% Frederic’s doing. Zsa Zsa is dying and I think what he’s doing is reprehensible.

11. Brooke

Talk about selfish…

12. Cabos

This has got to be a joke. Seriously.

My first thought: sounds like someones trying to use a baby to get more money when his wife dies, just like he tried to claim Ana Nichole smiths baby.

I totally agree with you. He says that he wants company in case she dies before him. What happens if he dies before her. (Not that that is likely. She’s suffered for so long now) How is she supposed to take care of a child?

14. klutzy_girl

Ugh. She’s dying and I seriously doubt she even wants it. If this does happen, Zsa Zsa may be dead before the baby is even born!

And is he really going to take care of the baby himself?

This is is just wrong. I honestly hope it doesn’t happen!

I totally agree. Poor baby will probably grow up without a mother.. in 6 years she’ll be 100! (if she lives that long).

This is messed up, completely. Who would allow it, at that?

15. OBGyn

Um, seriously people, the chances that Zsa Zsa even has an egg to harvest is about a zillion to 1. Women don’t produce eggs after menopause and she is 94! This story is just that, a story.

I don’t see what the problem is. If I’m reading this correctly, this guy doesn’t have any children and would like to have one before he’s too old to care for one. Aren’t all people having children a little selfish in a way? They’re mostly having the child to make their life more complete.

Za Za Gabor Is 94 years old sick dying and just had her leg amputation a couple of months ago do you really think she even thinking about a baby right know no, this is all her husband doing he is taking advantage of a seriously sick woman who is probable not in her right mind, I hope her family puts a stop to it.

Women are born with all the eggs they will ever have…they don’t “produce” them. If you looks at statistics…more Downs Syndrome children are born to women in their 20′s. This is probaly because mothers over the age of 40 usually get tested. Just because someone chooses to have a child at 40 is not selfish…know one knows when they are going to die and how long they will be a healthy parent. Case in point…my mom had me at 17 and she died at 19. My grandmother (who was 40 at the time) raised me. I am now 42 years old and my grandmother is still alive, healthy, full of vitality and independent…however…having a child at 94 is a bit too much!!

19. Sophia

…Is this a joke?

20. suzan

WTF?

21. Ondine

I don’t see how the 94 year old woman would be the mother to a baby conceived by way of an egg donor, artificial insemination and a surrogate mother. By way of adoption? It may well make him a father but I don’t see how she could be considered as a mother to that type of baby.

22. Vita

I could take care of it???? right there no baby should have to grow up with 2 grandparents as parents….for what reason???—go get a bird and take care of ”IT”” that is horrible….this should so not happen…but some money hungry doctor is going to this to a poor baby. Disgusting. Carry on the name.??? come on people….
    A child is that a child of God …not an it…that bothered me so much!!!!!

23. Val

There are plenty of children looking for adopted parents. Miss Gabor is at least 50/60 years to LATE for children. Behave yourselves!