Mario Lopez: “Fatherhood Is My Favorite Role”

Mario Lopez: "Fatherhood Is My Favorite Role"

New dad Mario Lopez is so in love with fatherhood – and with his baby girl Gia - that he can’t wait to have another child.

During an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show this week the Extra host revealed, “I want more already – we’re practicing! Let’s have as many as God allows – I’m all for it!”

When Ellen asked if he and his girlfriend Courtney Mazza have a Brangelina-size brood in mind, Mario laughed, “That’s a lofty goal. I’m gonna go for it, though.”

When talk turned to 7-month-old Gia, the proud papa couldn’t help but gush, “She’s a great baby…. She’s a happy baby, always in a good mood.”

“Fatherhood is my favorite role so far,” Mario added.

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Mario Lopez

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Diane

It’s nice that Mario wants more children, but what does Courtney want? It seems Courtney has compromised on everything. Why can’t they just enjoy Gia for awhile? I don’t understand why Mario has to always talk about sex-(on his VH1 show as well). Some things should be private. Yes, Mario, we are happy you reproduced, now stop telling everyone. He is the only celebrity that talks about his daughter more than his career! It is like he is the only one to have a kid! Grow up Mario!

How about getting married first?

Sheesh, why do people think other people have to get married to have children? It’s an antiquated ritual that some people don’t see the need for. I have 2 children and have been with my childrens’ father for 10 years with no marriage. A legal marriage doesn’t change how you feel about your partner. I’m no Mario Lopez fan, but don’t judge him for no being married. These aren’t the days of The Scarlet Letter.

Why does it matter if they get married or not? Marriage is an antiquated ritual that doesn’t change your feelings or relationship with your partner. I have two children and am not married, but I have been with their father for 10 years. It’s not your place to judge someone who doesn’t care if they’re married. And considering more marriages end in divorce than end up happily ever after, what’s really the point, besides health insurance and tax breaks?

How about everyone lets up on him for once? Can people not change? Maybe the birth of his daughter has made him a better man. It really doesn’t matter what you (or I) think. Maybe Courtney and Mario are truly happy.

my friend’s daughter has the same looking eyes as this girl. i wondered for 12 months if she had down syndrome, which she does not…but not the preetiest eyes i’ve seen on a girl for sure….too bad….

So many people thought that baby had downs but she has his tiny little eyes. She looks perfect in this picture.

6. Ariana

What does the word “preetiest” mean? I’ve never heard of that word before. Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to spell. I was thinking maybe you were an illegal.

The kid looks like him – not a good thing for a girl. I agree that they should enjoy this baby for a while before talking about having others. Or, at least get married first.

Father and daughter have the same smile in this pic.

At first I thought his daughter had DS as well, but I think it’s the way her eyes are so almond shaped. I think as she gets older and her face will fill out and wont have as much almond shape eyes as she does now. She sure has such kissable cheeks!!

11. Diane

Can’t believe Courtney’s Mom still lives with her in CA since September! It must be nice to have that help. I didn’t have anyone to help me, and I survived like every other Mom. Maybe Courtney should not worry so much about her so called magazine interviews, makeup and hair, and be a Mom for once on her own. She is almost 30 you know! Let Mom go home to her own place!

• boots

Really Diane????!!! So what! It’s her mom! I’m sure Mario’s mom is there too! You’re a jealous idiot.

• Diane

I’m just saying why can’t she be a Mom all by herself? How many of you had your Mom live with you on a permanent basis when you had your baby? And for over 6 mos? I can guarantee you many of you might have had help in the beginning, but not for that long. Maybe she can’t handle Gia. It certainly is not because she is too young. She is almost 30 for heaven’s sake! Take a stand Courtney and be a Mom on your own! Let Mommy go back home.

• Madison

Just be quiet Diane. You have no right to make assumptions and you sound extremely stupid. I’m sure Courtney is an amazing mom. Besides-why DO YOU CARE?

12. Destiny

Courtney is too much of an Italian Princess.
    This relationship will not last.
    He will see thru how phony she really is.

13. Guest

Who really cares about Courtney? She is a nobody.

Mario gave up Ali Landry for Courtney? Yikes!

I think in the above pic Mario is listening to Courtney (dark hair). He looks bored, like the rest of us, with her……