Robin Thicke & Paula Patton’s Beautiful Boy

Robin Thicke & Paula Patton's Beautiful Boy

He’s getting so big!

Robin Thicke and his wife Paula Patton took a stroll through New York’s East Village yesterday with their son Julian, who celebrated his first birthday earlier this month.

Headed back to the big screen in the latest Mission Impossible movie, the gorgeous mom recently dished on the thrill of filming the flick.

Mission: Impossible came as a surprise. It was an incredible opportunity for me, especially after being pregnant. I got to do all my own stunts. I got to be a very fierce, badass chick, if I can say that. It was a dream come true in many ways to be able to play this character, and she. that’s all I can say! It was great. It was an amazing experience for me.”

Filed under: Julian Thicke,Paula Patton,Robin Thicke

Photo credit: Flynet

How can he be so blond?
    I mean,both of them have brown hair,and Paula has dark skin too…but Julian looks so “white” lol.

Next time try learning a little bit about genetics before making such an ignorant comment.

hmmm…it’s called genetics.

Paula is half white herself..

• Prestina1usa

It’s in our genes because of slavery. You never know when that white gene will pop out in a baby. But Robin is white so the child has a chance of even more caucasian looks. You can have 2 dark chocolate black people have a blonde white-skinned child. I’m from the south in USA, so I’ve grown up with black people passing for white all the time. But in this day and age, “passing” is usually not done. And still now that I live in Los Angeles it’s no big deal to be bi-racial or multi-racial. I am multii-racial black woman and my fiance is a bi-racial black man. If we ever have children, they could come out looking like almost any other race other than black. And Paula is a black woman, who obviously has some other racial mix in her regardless of how far back it goes. Our first black miss america, Vanessa Williams is not mixed race, but the light skinned gene goes back a long way in her family on both sides – So she is blue eyed, light skinned and sandy blonde hair since birth. Besides, you can have 2 brunette white people have blonde babies and later the children’s hair color changes to dark as they get older. So, don’t be so surprised. I have brothers and sisters in my family from looking straight out white to brown skin, so that’s just the way it is. I don’t know where you are from, but you haven’t gotten out in the world much yet. I hope I helped in answering your question.

• biosuit

Its not because of slavery -it’s genetics not all black people whos ancesters were slaves have white genes. Other than that you sorta got it right.

• lmr

Have you seen his dad? Guess what…HE’S WHITE!!! Just to let you know,there are plenty of brown and dark skinned parents who happen to have light/white skinned children. Remember…they don’t call America a MELTING POT for nothing.

2. Shirelle

Wow I cant believe he has blond hair! He is so cute! What nationality is she?

Robin mom is blond and the baby look just like her.

Paula is a light skin biracial woman. Dark skin is someone of Whoopi Goldberg’s complexion. I guess you think Vanessa Williams is “dark skin” too.

Can I get an AMEN?! I’ve always found it shocking how someone could consider Paula Patton’s complextion to be dark! If you looked more closely, you’d see that she’s only about 3 or 4 shades darker than Robin. That may seem like a lot, but their are dozens of shades of brown and the rare black skin tones.

I have a son who is bi-racial as well and when we first moved in our neighborhood I went to his friend’s house to get him, and she was shocked his mother was white. My son is very brown-skinned, in the summer he is almost dark skinned and I am of European descent, so I am super pale. When I was young, I had very white hair that is now brown. The baby can take on any genes…. You just never know.
    Also, Paula is half white and half black. She is by no means dark skinned and in my opinion very light skinned. My middle son is darker than her, he is Will Smith’s complexion.
    Their little guy is adorable. Just his face is really “white” and his little legs and arms have a little color. Gorgeous baby.

She is half black half white.

Robin mother is blond and little Julian looks just like her.

8. Tiffany

I was so waiting for the “not so intelligent” comments. He can have blonde hair because his father is white and his mother is half white. You never know what genes are going to be more dominant. Just like Nahla has a caramel complexion because her mother is half black regardless of the fact that Halle is half white and Gabriel is white. He’s beautiful and he’s there boy and that’s all that matters.

Paula is gorgeous.

Genetics work wonders. Duh ppl. Beautiful family!! Julian is such a cutie!

look at her “thicke” neck lol

i don’t think it’s a thicke neck, i think she has a small chin combined with an average neck, the angle the picture is taken, it gives her this neck look.

12. Sophia

How lovely to see a photo of little Julian! He’s just beautiful :) Bit silly to ask how he can be so blond… genetics are unpredictable and just because his parents both have dark hair doesn’t mean their baby’s necessarily going to have dark hair. Julian’s hair may darken later anyway.
    Lovely photos!

13. SMH

This baby looks beautiful and yes genetics do work in mysterious ways! I knew a couple, not sure of their ethnicity (of a spanish decent I believe), but mom and dad were dark haired and dark skinned. First two kids came out same way and the 3rd kid had blonde hair blue eyes! If it wasn’t for the fact that the kid was a spitting image of both his siblings (and looked just like his dad) we would of sworn the mom had strayed lol!!!!

14. LaKesha

It’s funny how people get so bothered when children don’t look the way they expect. All of us are “mulattos”–all Americans are a mixture of different races.

The side view of little Julian looks just like his grand-father, Alan Thicke.

12 newborn babies are given to the wrong parents daily…
    just saying..

Why cant everyone accept that they are
    a beautiful couple with a beautiful child. Ethninitire do not matter.

Why cant everyone accept that they are
    a beautiful couple with a beautiful child. Ethninitire do not matter.

19. Prestina1usa

Robin and Paula. Such an adorable couple. Robin said in an interview that their first kiss was when they were 14 years old. He was romantic even then. He sang her a song by Jodeci then kissed her. She said she felt that tingle up & down her spine. They knew even then as kids that they were meant to be together. Have been a couple ever since. And now, the both of them are successful, with a beautiful baby who is just so adorable. Who cares if he’s blonde. He’s their bundle of joy. Cute as a button. And they are happy. That’s all that matters.

Very cute baby, very cute couple. Romantic love story. Unfortunately, they are headed for divorce. :(

21. Sue

African American is more a culture than a race, with so many blood lines. I have white friends who are more “black” that many dark skin people I know. Now figure this one out.

Genetics wierd thing! Got onto this post because I totally believe Paula Patton should have been People’s most beautiful but they vote fakey Beyonce – whatever!!! But just to add to the whole genetics discussion. Have 5 boys – 4 blonds light skin and 1 dark skin,eyes, hair and yes from same dad. Nature has its own way of doing things probably for good reasons