Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Reveal Twins’ Names!

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Reveal Twins' Names!

After days of speculations and a few hints from mom and dad, we finally know the names of Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon‘s newborn twins: Moroccan Scott Cannon and Monroe Cannon!

CNN reports on the inspiration behind the names of the twins, known until now as #dembabies:

“Their son is named Moroccan Scott Cannon, with the nickname ‘Roc.’ Scott is Nick’s middle name, as well as his grandmother’s maiden name.

The top tier of Mariah’s New York City apartment is called the Moroccan Room, because of the Moroccan-inspired decor. It’s also the place where Nick proposed to his wife, overlooking Manhattan!

Their daughter’s name is Monroe Cannon. Mariah’s rep says she does not have a middle name because Mariah herself does not have one. Monroe was named after Marilyn Monroe, who has been an inspiration to Mariah her whole life.”

Moroccan and Monroe were born on April 30, the couple’s 3rd wedding anniversary.

Do you like the names?

Filed under: Mariah Carey,Nick Cannon

Photo credit: Flynet Pictures

No, they are not my taste at all.

2. Ashley

I really don’t care for the names at all. :( But I’m happy the twins are health and that mom and dad are happy. :) Congrats!

3. Ashley

4. klutzy_girl

I actually like Monroe, but I’m not so sure about Moroccan. Roc is a good nickname, though, and it’s not the only one!

5. E R

These are kinda terrible :( I like my names better Miyah and Micah

6. Sonya

They named their son Moroccan Cannon!? Oh, Lord!

7. xmellix23

Didn’t like the names at all…very disappointed

8. hlbronson

Moroccan is strange to me. It’s like naming your baby Mexican or Russian. Even just plain ol’ Morocco wouldn’t have been that bad.

9. melo1983

Wow, there’s a 2 year old girl at my daughter’s daycare named Monroe! I thought she was the only girl with the name so that’s interesting, congrats to them!

10. Courtney

Um it’s after the Moroccan room in their NYC appartment where Nick propossed to Mariah get over it. loving both names and Monroe like mama Mariah doesn’t have a middle name. Grandmama Patricia explained that as being because she thought Mariah by itself would look good on a marquee. all that matters is everyone is healthy & happy

11. alaina

Hate the names Monroe and Moroccan. The inspiration behind their son name is ridiculous.

LOL @ sonya, I didn’t even think of that until you said it. That is terrible.

13. SMH

I feel like I just witnessed a crash landing!

Meet my son Moroccan he was named after decor! geeez!
    Monroe I can swallow. Moroccon however is gag worthy! But to each their own!!

monroe is alright but moroccan?! poor kid.

15. Tanya

Oh Mimi.

Honey, didn’t anyone tell you that “Moroccan” is adjective used to describe a nationality or style? Poor lamb.

I know it’s too late, but here’s an example:
    Names like Paris, China, or India are grammatically acceptable because they are proper nouns. Bestowing your child with a moniker like Parisian, Chinese, or Indian is akin to giving a description rather than a name.

I realize this is not your fault Mims. No one ever accused you of being a genius. Hugs.

16. Sam

Rock and Roe? ;)

17. Shirelle

Im sorry I like odd names but these are just tooo odd. I dont like them at all I was hoping she would do something like Mason and Mariah

18. Annabelle

The names are pretty bad, especially her poor son’s name. I’m happy everyone is happy and healthy though!

Doesn’t matter where the inspiration for their son’s name comes from. Ultimately he is named like an old old war instrument made in Morocco – Moroccan cannon – and that’s just ridiculous.

moroccan doest go with cannon at all, too many people dont consider the last name when picking the first, sad.
    and monroe sounds like a boys name. i like that they’re unique though.

love monroe, but agree that morocco (nickname “rocco” or “roc”) would be much better than moroccan. but let’s face it, we all name our kids what we like, and that’s their perogative too, so let’s all shut up and let it be.

@ Sam,
    Roc and Roe! I lol’ed.
    Oh, dear.

23. Kt0wn

So which is the boy and which is the girl?

24. Anonymous123

BARF!!!!!!!!

LOVE the name Monroe, I’ve always thought it would be great for a girl. As for Moroccan, it’s certainly different.

26. Tazina

Both are awful names. What can you shorten “Moroccan” to? It doesn’t even go well with Cannon. They both end with “n” and it sounds ridiculous. And Monroe for a girl’s name? Oh please.

HIDEOUS names, but then I didn’t expect anything less. Monroe is ok, but hardly a girls name (what’s wrong with Marilyn?!) but Moroccan, urgh just….urgh. LMAO!

Wishing them all health and happiness though. At 18, they can change their names. *g*

28. Tazina

I just realized the boy can shorten his name to “Rocky” or “Rocco” and he probably will do that as soon as he is able to legally.

29. Janna

Not my kid, not my choice.

But can I ask a question? Why do people give their children one name, but already have a nickname picked out? Why not just name him Roc to start with?

(And in this case, especially. Moroccan Cannon? Like Anonymous said about: Sounds like “old war instrument made in Morocco”. A perfect description!)

Just one of those ‘things that make you go, huh?’.

30. LaKesha

I didn’t let anyone tell me what to name my child–I’m glad they didn’t either!

• Janna

Nobody is suggesting that anyone but the parents should have named the kids, BUT everyone is entitled to their opinion of the names.

And honey, if you’re naming your kids things like “Moroccan Cannon”, maybe you SHOULD be letting someone else name them.

It’s not spiritual, it’s not profound, it’s not meaningful…. it’s just stupid.

31. Lioness

Wow, I am actually in agreeance with many of you on these names, and that is rare, lol. Monroe is actually kinda cute, as some of you said, and I think it sounds nice with Cannon… but Moroccan? C’mon now. Morocco would’ve been awesome- it would’ve still conveyed the inspiration behind the name, AND it can be shortened to “Roc”. Why oh why, Mariah. Trying too hard.

32. Cabos

Like mostly everyone here, i can somehow swallow Monroe, but geez Moroccan, i mean, gimme a break poor kid!

33. Julianne

WTF !
    That’s no what i was expecting at All

Morocan is the name of my hair´s line product, Morocan Oil, jeejejeje, poor Kid…..

2 more stupid names added to the Hollywood idiot list.

HIDEOUS! I guess I never should have believed it when Nick said their kids names would not be “out there.” Ug!

They could call him Morroc – I would have thought of names like Malakai and Marayah.

I like them, I think they’re different but not awful. Can’t wait to see the babies, I bet they’re gorgeous.

No, but I am happy the twins are healthy and mom is doing well. The girl should have a middle name. Monroe sounds like a name for a cat….

41. hooher tod

Yes there should realize the reader to RSS my feed to RSS commentary, quite simply