Gwen Stefani & Family: London Calling

Gwen Stefani & Family: London Calling

Rocker couple Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale took their sons Kingston, 4, and Zuma, 2 1/2 out for a walk in London on Tuesday (May 10).

And like most moms, the Hollaback Girls singer had her iPhone out and ready to make any important calls. You never know when you’re going to have call the ER or reschedule a playdate.

Gwen and Gavin have been in London, where they own a home, for a few days visiting relatives and enjoying the city.

Filed under: Gavin Rossdale,Gwen Stefani,Kingston Rossdale,Zuma Rossdale

Photo credit: Fame, Flynet

Mama, Papa, kids, nanny. It must be the Stefani family.

GMAB – somehow I don’t think she brought her iphone to deal with anything child-related.

Do these two ever spend any one on one time with their children?

I work 60 to 80 hours a week and have a nanny to care for my kids while I’m working, but when I am off the clock, man, I just want to be alone with my little ones going to the park, zoo, whatever. I look forward to every minute of family time. Although we could afford to have the nanny during our off hours too, we don’t need her to cater to the kids 24/7. Why have kids if you need to outsource their care to someone else all the time?

you also aren’t famous.

Thats the difference between you and them. You see children, they see accessories.

Typical Gwen and Gavin. They dress in their trendy rocker clothes, parade their kids around the paps, then ignore them in private. I highly dought Gwen has ever gotten up at night for her babies. Thats what she pays her slaves for.

• Matt

Nine times out of ten, they probably do spend one on one time with their kids. We can’t say they don’t because we don’t see them 24/7 despite how many pap pics that may be posted. Also, there are quite a few pictures of them out one on one with either kid. I’ve seen Gwen just take Zuma to the park (no Kingston, no nanny, no Gavin) and, recently, Gavin and Kingston had their little outing (but, of course, people still found something to criticize about it). Also, there are pictures where it looks like Gwen just picked up the two of them from school, yet no comments on those pictures. And I’ve seen a pap pic on another site that showed just Gwen out on a walk with Kingston (she looked like she was dressed for the gym).

So, to answer your question, yes, they probably do spend time with their kids without the nanny. Honestly though, I don’t see what’s wrong with anyone, celeb or not, having a nanny with their kids (and no, if anyone wonders, I have a kid but not a nanny; had several babysitters though). No one should make the assumption that Gwen and Gavin (and every other person out there in the world with a nanny) don’t enjoy seeing their kids just because they’re paying for an extra hand. If the many other pictures of Zuma and Kingston laughing, hugging, and kissing their parents are any indication, then I’m sure they love their parents, and are close to them, regardless of there being a nanny involved.

Stop it, Gwen.

4. Cabos

I wonder if Gwen will ever let Kingston’s natural hair color grow.

if people arent critisizing gwen for one thing, it’s for another. people just love to hate her which is really a shame because there doesnt seem t o be anything wrong with her and her family. For goodness sake, look at jessica alba! she has a nanny with her alot of the time, even before she was pregnant with her 2nd child. when it was only kingston gwen was hardly ever seen with a nanny. i honestly don’t see what is wrong. it’s her life, people need to get their own.

Hi Anonymous,
      I’m quite sure no one on this blog “hates” Gwen Stefani and I think it’s a bit “over the top” to use the word “hate” so loosely. Yeah, a lot of us are cynical and we can be sarcastic at time, but I doubt anyone “hates” Gwen or any other celeb for that matter.

Jessica Alba has a nanny but she is often seen alone with her daughter and I’ve never seen her with a nanny when she has her husband with her. Unlike Gwen Stefani’s husband who sits back and lets a nanny lift a stroller up the stairs, other celeb hubbies seem slightly more “hands on”.

Anonymous 7:45pm@ You do see a nanny when it’s just Kingston and Gwen the only time I’ve never seen a nanny is was their getting their nails done and the difference between Gewn and Jessica Alba is the nanny is there to hold bags or her food Jessica is always carrying Honor, holding her hand or pushing the stroller you can’t say the same for Gwen I’ve seen photos of Gwen’s nanny holding Zuma and the bags while Gwen had nothing in her hands.

I think people problem with Gwen and Gavin is that they can’t fathom how 2 people can’t take care of 2 kids without the help of a nanny with them when thier out or how she can’t push her child in his stroller, carry her kids, go to kids birthday parties, out to eat or the park specially when both parents are present. I would guess when there are pictures of other celebrities doing it with two or more kids with little to no help when their out and about it’s hard to see why Gwen and Gavin can’t. If their worried about safety that what bodyguards are there for to protect and to get in between the celebrity their kids and the paparazzi not nannies, people can’t see or Understand Gwen and Gavin reason behind it.

Another example of a celeb family that somehow “manages” to look after their kids when they are not working is Naomi Watts & Liev.

Just noticed a new post on Naomi and the sharp contrast between her and Gwen is blatantly obvious. They may be the same age and have blond hair and 2 boys, but it ends there. Naomi is low key, self-sufficient and from pictures I’ve seen, she genuinely loves family time and doesn’t need a nanny tagging along on each and every outing.

7. No Doubt!

Don’t pay attention to the knuckle head haters on here. I love you Gwen. I’d love to be your nanny!

8. Grass & Clovers

Kingston is wearing our custom “K” tee- and he’s seriously ROCKING IT!!

the kids look sad specially kingston :(