Gisele Bündchen Puts Her Family First

Gisele Bündchen Puts Her Family First

Though both have very successful careers – he’s a top athlete, she’s a top model – Gisele Bündchen says that she and her husband Tom Brady always make time for one another, and for their 1-year-old son Benjamin.

“We are constantly coordinating our daily schedules to make sure we have some family time every day,” Gisele told People at this weekend’s reception for the Harvard Center for Global Health and the Environment’s Global Environmental Citizen Awards.

The jet-setting mom admits that parenthood keeps her closer to home, saying, “We really do love to travel, but being parents, we travel less now then we have in the past. It’s definitely more challenging traveling with a child.”

Romantic getaways may not be a regular occurrence, but Gisele says she and her hubby find ways to keep the spark alive at home.

“Sometimes we have date nights, sometimes we have hikes together,” says the 30-year-old beauty. “The most important thing, I think, is to find the time to be with each other. We cherish the time we have together.”

“There is nothing more rewarding then to come home and see them after a long day of work,” she gushes of her two favorite guys, adding of baby Benjamin, “As his mom, I think everything Benjamin does is cute.”

Filed under: Gisele Bundchen

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. hlbronson

Wow. Just like every family on the face of the earth does. La-dee-da.

Exactly

3. NJMOM

Sad how Giselle used to be constantly talking about Tom’s first child, John but now that she had her son I have not heard her talk about other boy at all…. Guess she has her own doll to play with and her own paparazzi magnet now so she does not need to ask like John’s mom…. sad for John though he should have time with his dad.

Huh? I really don’t get it. What do you want her to do? Before she was bashed for committing the sin of actually loving her stepson, and everyone said she should stop talking about him. Now you are bashing him for not talking about him? Seriously, it seems like you are going to bash her no matter what she does, which says a lot more about you than it does about her.

• NJMOM

Anon at 1:06 pm not sure what your point is… I think it sucks that she dropped Tom’s first son like a hot potato once she got her own publicity magnet/baby doll… I never bashed her for her interaction with kid before and people bashed how she handled it not that she did it…

The assumtion that she used John (or whatever his name is) and now her own son for publicity, ignoring that she probably were/is asked to talk about them, says more about you then her.

• Tara

Agree. It was almost as if she was using John (jack) to needle Bridget. She said he called her “mom”. Ugh! I find so many things about Giselle to be arrogant and fake. The thing that put me over the edge was to “criminalize” anyone who did not breastfeed. Who was she to make that judgment? Some are physically incapable due to medical reasons and some prefer to bottle feed. There is absolutely nothing abusive about that but her personal crusade really irked me.

Actually it is too abusive not to breastfeed. This BS about not being physically able is ridiculous. Fact is if you do not breastfeed you are lazy and are harming your child. Giselle is right!!! Jealous much?

• Tara

Let me get this straight, anyone who opts to bottle/formula feed their child is lazy and a bad mother?! I was unable to breastfeed due to a double mastectomy, yet regardless I still would not have breastfed had I been physically able to. It is a personal choice and since my child has been in the top 99%ile since birth for growth and development he seems to have been able to survive my utter disregard for his well being. As far as I can tell abuse is neglect, actual bodily harm, unfit supervision and lack of affection. Not attaching your offspring to your boob falls far below these universal definitions of harmful parenting.

You cant use a mastectomy as a valid excuse because there is such a thing as a wet-nurse. You can get breast milk from a third party. Also I would think with cancer or other illnesses as a possibility in the childs future you would want to give him the best odds against getting it in the future. Breast milk has been proven to be the most beneficial. There is no substitute and I hope it becomes mandatory.

Eastparkmom- you are trying to hard to explain your guilt away.

• Tara

Sorry cannot reason with ignorance. Say what you will if if makes you feel better about yourself.

Tara, you are no doubt a phenomenal mom (based on what I’ve read in your posts) and your child has lucked out. It’s a shame that there is so much ignorance out there, isn’t it? Although we sometimes agree to disagree, I always enjoy your insight and have to say I’m with you all the way on this one. I BF’d both kids but it was tough going and I had to stop at 7 mos with the second for med. reasons. Love your attitude.

• Tara

That is very sweet to say. To be honest people like anonymous- aka “super earth mother” do not deserve anymore comment. I just hope I can be as amazing as she apparently THINKS she and Giselle are;)

If she is a “phenomenal” mom she would have found a way to breastfeed despite health reasons. I would not exactly call someone who was too lazy to find options exactly amazing. Additionally you seem to have taken the easy way out as well. Shame on you.

• hlbronson

Just because a child is breastfed doesn’t make them a superhuman, nor does it make you supermom. If that were the case, breastfed babies wouldn’t get sick, have learning disabilities, etc. Yes, breastmilk is better, that’s a given…but it’s not guaranteeing your child to grow better, learn faster, be smarter or be happier than a formula fed baby. I would just LOVE to see Tara’s child’s medical records compared to your child’s…wouldn’t it be just amazing if her kid had less colds than yours? Or her kid walked at an ealier age than yours? Or had better grades in school than yours?

• EastParkMama

Wow, really? I have a 132 IQ, I am 5′ 9″, went to college, and have a CPA license. I was formula fed in 1976. The formula back then doesn’t even hold a candle to the stuff they make now. The truth is, notwithstanding outright malnourishment, a nurturing and engaging environment is more important than if one is breastfed. I tried very hard to breastfeed and unfortunately I genetically inherited the same anatomical issues my mother has which prevented her from breastfeeding me. I worked with two lactation consultants and in the end both recommended bottle feeding because it just wasn’t going to work and said I “shouldn’t starve my child”. My 3.5 year old boy is thriving, happy and incredibly bright. We provide him with a loving and engaging home environment. His 13 month old sister, also bottle fed, seems to be headed for the same result; bright and incredibly happy. Love and interaction are what children need most to thrive and grow and the best part is they are free. I think its great when you can breastfeed, but whether you can’t or choose not too you shouldn’t feel bad and you certainly shouldn’t be accusing others of abuse. It just shows your ignorance.

haha, can’t agree with you more. breastfeeding is awesome but it’s not a have to. I have a 151 iq, i’m a doctor, and here’s the kicker, i’m not breastfed cause my mommy was too busy. whenever i see celebrity moms all preaching about how great breastfeeding is and all, i’m like, yes, and i’ll believe your self-righteous mess when your kid gets an advanced degree and do a few heart transplants. breast milk is the best nutrition, but it won’t make a difference on your kids iq as much as your nurture, environment, and not getting repeated e-coli gastroenteritis as a child. trust me, you can boob feed them for 8 years, but if you don’t know anything about education (science, english, history, math) like most of these models, just remember, milk or no milk, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

First of all doubt you are a doctor you sound illiterate. Second of all if you are as you claim then you know that Tara or anyone else who had a mastectomy is not excluded from breast feeding. It is best and any moms who choose otherwise are guilty of harming their kids!!!

• NJMOM

Tara- I agree with your additional points as well… I really irked me when she was blogging and interviewing about how her 4 month old was potty trained and again how the rest of us are bad parents because we use diapers and what not She seems to always be on her high horse… She needs to remember she is not a medical or child care professional and sadly is only a model… and a model was was working full time at 16… so I would guess she does not have a degree in anything….

NJMOM@ It is sad Britney Spears did the same thing with Shar Jackson daughter when they first got together she was all about Kori then after she had her own kids she stop talking about her and you never saw them together again.

I’m not talking about after her and Kevin broke up and Britney were K-fed together for 3 years and when she was pregnant with Sean and is when she stopped talking and being seen with Kori. It’s sad that poor little girl got used and toyed with.

Is it really that difficult for people to construct a proper sentence together? I fear for your children and their speech patterns. By the way you are incorrect, Britney continues to finance kori’s education, by choice. Please do your research and get a dictionary for your follow up tirade.

6. you go gisele!

The crazy people from Boston is here!always bashing gisele.If john is not hers why do you crazy people always talk about him when there is a post about gisele?I think is wonderful that she loves him,because everybody knows that her family life would be easier and happier if john was never born,but she still loves him.if you want to blame someone blame brIDIOT moynahan for trying to use a child to get a ring.

Yes of course the pro Giselle team is illiterate! You cannot be taken seriously if you are unable to articulate your point. Talk about “idiot”. Please do not use English is not my first language excuse either. Try again.

awwww and the Boston people are so non judgmental themselves. Always throwing it in anyone’s face who sticks up for Gisele how their English is crap and Americans are far superior to any other nationality out there. You people give Boston a bad name.

Thanks for reinforcing my claim. By the way I am not from Boston, try further south and surprise surprise I am originally from argentina. Yet I still manage to compose a coherent sentence. If you hate America so much, why visit a US site?

I don’t care for Giselle. She’s seems to be the type that thinks any way but her way is bad parenting. There are numerous styles of parenting. One is not better than the other. What works for one family will not always work for another. Giselle needs to get off her high horse and worry more about her kid and less about everyone else.

8. Carey

To tell you the truth, I think there are mothers here who unhappy with their kids and want to play mommy with Gisele’s son. No matter how much you hate Gisele I don’t think she will let you take her son to your home. Why don’t you watch Cesar Milan’s TV show to learn how do deal with your kids? I don’t know if Gisele watch it but judging by your hate for her you would watch it if she did it.
    Gisele does talk about her stepson; she spends time with him whenever he comes spend time with his father. Gisele talked many times about how much she loves and enjoy spending time with her stepson. Each time people massacred Gisele on internet because looks like she is the only stepmother in the world who can’t love and care.
    Tom and Bridget share custody. If you are a Bridget’s fan you should know this very important detail. The child spends most of the time with his mother who lives in LA. Gisele and Tom live in Boston but Gisele owns a property in LA so it’s not a problem to go there whenever is possible.

I think there are worse mothers than a successful supermodel who dropped out school at 16. She has five sisters, each one is doing their own thing and no one is involved with shit. So perhaps you should pay attention to Gisele’s mother instead of Gisele, huh?

Actually, Bridget and Jack moved to NYC and live their on a full-time basis. But they do go to LA to be with Bridget’s boyfriend, McG. Also, per Bridget, Jack only “visits” Tom. It would be virtually impossible to share custody when Bridget and Jack live in NY and Tom and Gisele live in either Boston or California – particularly since Jack is in school.

i think the breastfeeding nazi should pull her head in, people as one eyed and closed minded as that are just plain thick. Having an opinion is one thing but to bully people with an assumed superiority is just plain rude and very annoying. The fact that you need to put people down is pretty sad and i feel sorry for the children to have to be bought up in such a closed minded and opinionated household, you wont be doing them any favours. Imagine having so little to do that you got your jollies from being a smart ass on a silly celebrity website!

10. Cabos

Yeah, touchy, but you tell that to a teacher, nurse, caretaker, women on the field, etc etc. Now THOSE are loooong days of work. You’re a millionaire model for God’s sakes, have some sense of reality.

if you hate her so much, why do you pay any attention to her?? she is a foreingner, and that is the problem, an that she married the all american golden boy, superstar, superhot quarterback!!! i don’t remember anyone complainining when she was with leo.

That is as stupid a comment as when African American women claim, any children of color are picked on on this site because of their race. Gisele is disliked because she makes is a condescending nobody who was “blessed” with a great figure. That’s it pure and simple. Deal with it.

12. Sophia

I don’t care for her husband’s awful haircut!

Are you kidding me? When she did mention her step son, she got bashed. Now maybe she learned she couldn’t say she loved him without people getting angry and now she is getting bashed for that too? Boston Freaks;seriously get a life already.