Sarah Ferguson: “I’m The Best Mom I Know”

Sarah Ferguson: "I'm The Best Mom I Know"

Mom-of-two Sarah Ferguson opens up in Harper’s Bazaar, on newsstands May 31, and in the interview, The Duchess of York talks about the Royal Wedding snub, her love for Prince Andrew and their two grown daughters, Beatrice, 22, and Eugenie, 21.

On her relationship with her daughters: “The only thing I know I’ve done 100 percent right is be a good mother. I’m proud to say I’m the best mom I know. People say to me, ‘What is your brand identity?’ And I say, ‘I’m a global mother.’”

On the royal wedding invite snub: “I understand that they didn’t invite me. I’m divorced from Prince Andrew. I think it’s a new chapter and a fresh page. I look at it and think, I was once that bride. It’s very sad. You’re happy for them, of course, but it’s sad because you’d love to do it all over again, but with the awareness that you have now.”

On her former husband, Prince Andrew: “He’s a great man, and a first-rate father and the bestest friend.” She says with help from Andrew, she is once again debt free. “I love him. He’s my soulmate. It’s actually what we said in front of God at the altar: We honor and respect each other until death do us part. The only thing is, he has girlfriends and I have boyfriends.”

For the full story, more photos and a behind-the-scenes video from the shoot with Sarah, go to Harper’s Bazaar.

Filed under: Sarah Ferguson

Photo credit: Danielle Levitt for Harper's Bazaar

*eye roll*. She’s a joke. So Sarah, what do your daughters think of you selling their dad to the press? You really thought like a caring mother there. Get a life.

And it wasn’t a “snub”. This woman has had NOTHING to do with prince William for the past 15 years, why would she attend his wedding?

She is a joke and an embarassment to the Royal family. As for being a good mother and wife -please! The photo of her in Harper’s Bazaar is hideous by the way

ITA with the 3 preceding posts – she is a complete joke and I think with her track record of egregious behaviour, she is more of an embarrassment to her 2 daughters! I found her comment about being the “Best Mom” a bit puzzling, as she sent her daughters off to boarding school from a young age and seemed to spent a minimal amount of time with them.

• Tara

To be fair she says she is the best mom “she” knows. Let’s be honest I doubt her circle of friends includes those of us who run to the market, clean our own homes, take our own kids to the park, be their only chauffeurs, chefs and nursemaids. They are more akin to sending their kids off to boarding school and having loads of help. So it’s not much of a stretch to be a “great mom” by their own standards;)

I am not defending her as I think she screwed up royally ( pardon the pun).

LOL she is so funny.

she rarely says anything new in interviews either. Her answers seem well rehearsed and repetitive a lot of the time. Sarah is always cautious and diplomatic in her answers on the RF. I guess out of respect for her girls, Andrew and the Queen she chooses to be.

7. tif

“toe-sucking” anyone?

She cracked under pressure, is living a wishful life rather than a life created that would have given her selfrespect and independence, and is delusional about her parenting skills.

9. Ondine

She’s a money-hungry pig and fully deserved to get kicked out of the royal family. And the icing on the cake was her shameful on-camera attempts to sell access to her ex-husband. But I sure do LOVE the above Harper’s Bazaar photo. I hate to say it but she almost looks royal in the photo. Hands down it’s the best photo I’ve ever seen of her, I can only imagine how much airbrushing and photoshopping went into it. With the shame and stain this tramp is carrying, I would think she would want to permanently disappear but instead she seems proud and very willing to be on TV and magazine covers. It’s very puzzling.