Justin Combs: I Don’t Want To Be In My Dad’s Shadow

Justin Combs: I Don't Want To Be In My Dad's Shadow

When your dad is superstar Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs it’s probably a little difficult to be seen as your own person. But the rapper’s son Justin is determined to do just that, choosing a career making touchdowns rather than records.

“I’m going to play college football,” says the 17-year-old, currently a junior cornerback at the prestigious Iona Preparatory School in New York. “Everybody thinks I can do whatever I want because my father is blessed, but I don’t want to be in his shadow. I have found a passion for football, and I love it, so that’s what I want to do.”

Justin is fielding football offers from several schools including Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, and Wyoming. But Diddy’s eldest child, who has a 93 average at Iona Prep, says that wherever he goes his focus will be as much on his studies as it is on his game.

“I just want to make a name for myself and work hard and earn it,” Justin insists. “I really want the school to be big on tradition and big on football, and also balanced with academics.” Sounds like this ambitious teenager is off to a great start.

Filed under: Justin Combs,Sean Combs

Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin, Google

That is not Justin Combs thats Kim Porters son Quincy…….

BTW thats not Justin in the picture. That is Quincy, the son of Diddy’s ex Kim Porter

I was just about to say the same thing…NOT JUSTIN! This is Quincy, Al B. Sure’s biological son. Accurate postings make the story so much more authentic. Thanks!

4. Jenny Schafer

Thanks – we’ve updated the image.

5. Allison

It’s great that Justin wants to play football. I wish him a world of success and hope all his dreams come true. However, I have mixed feelings about this interview. To me, it’s kinda like he’s saying “I don’t wanna be like my dad, I don’t want to be in the spotlight…so let’s talk to the press!” LoL. I dunno, I just feel weird about it for some reason. Don’t get me wrong though, he seems like an awesome kid :)

I wish him all the best. One less star child out of the messed up industry making a good path and name for himself. God don’t make everyone the same to have the same dream nor career to be like the next. Your dad is very good at what he do but great choice that you choose to make your own identity with school and your own career

that is Justin are ya’ll blind

HELLOOOOOOOO?! THAT IS JUSTIN!!!!!! wtf !!!!

lol yeah that is justin

What is wrong with them that is Justin Combs not Quincy -__-

11. MishaBrown

There was a pic of Quincy before but then they updated it :)