Brad Pitt: The Kids Ask About Marriage

Brad Pitt: The Kids Ask About Marriage

As one of Hollywood’s hugest stars, it would be easy for Brad Pitt to let his fame and fortune go to his head. But the Tree of Life actor says that his kids keep him connected to what’s truly important.

“Kids hold up a mirror to you,” he tells USA Today. “You can’t make excuses. You’ve got to make sure they’ve brushed their teeth and eaten a good breakfast. You want to be present if they wake up with a bad dream.”

The life he shares with his partner Angelina Jolie and their six kids is hardly normal one, Brad admits. They’re “pretty nomadic,” he says, traveling all over the globe to film. And wherever they go they’re “hunted” by the paparazzi. But he says that they try to make sure their children experience the simple joys of childhood.

“Angie and I do everything we can to carve out some semblance of normalcy for them, to re-create the kinds of moments that were special for us. It’s not unusual for the kids to be covered in paint. We have mud fights. It’s chaos from morning until the lights go out, and sometimes after that.”

Though he once famously said that they wouldn’t we’d until everyone in the country is legally able to, the handsome star admits they may have to rethink that stand.

“The kids ask about marriage. It’s meaning more and more to them. So it’s something we’ve got to look at.”

Married or not, Brad paints a picture of a very happy home life.

“I never knew I was capable of experiencing so much love’” he says of fatherhood.

Filed under: Brad Pitt,Celebrity Dads

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

i don’t get why the kids would ask about marriage at this age. i like that they aren’t doing it, i hope they don’t. it’s just legalities anyway

FACT:married parents are less likely to split up than unmarried parents

3. scooter

I don’t think so. Married and unmarried couples split and also cheat just as often. Piece of paper doesn’t guarantee commitment, just a name change.

Anonymous 8:24pm@ were do you get your facts what you stated is highly untrue like scooter said a piece of paper doesn’t guarantee forever and people get divorce all the time.

Anonymous 8:24pm@ your comment is untrue my grandparents on my father side were never married and were together for 50 years until my grandfather past away, now my grandparents on my mother side was divorce when my mom was a teen. Goldie Hawn divorces her 1st husband and has been together with Kurt Russell for 27 years, Johnny Depp & Vanessa Paradis 12 years, Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt 13 years, Ricky Gervais and Jane Fallon 25 years and Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham 24 years ex most of these couples were married at one time in the past .. The last year and a half alone over 20 celeb’s or so has divorce and most after only being married for a short time. I say to each their own whatever works for you and makes you happy.

6. Ondine

My sister’s husband told me he married her cause he couldn’t stand the idea of her marrying someone else, that he loved her, wanted to create a family w/ her and wanted her all to himself and didn’t want to worry and wonder if someone better might come along to marry her and take her away. That’s a very good reason to marry.

• Breanne

Sure, if you want to get married. But a committed relationship, for many people, functions just as well as a marriage. Marriage is not for everyone, and it’s silly to act like a committed relationship without the legality is constantly on the brink of failure and that marriage adds some kind of permanence. A relationship is going to dissolve if it’s not working, married or not.

@Ondine – Thank you….marriage will out. Yes marriage is not for everyone but I always find that those who insist they will never marry always do – hypocrites!